Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any news from Gencon?
Starglyte
post Aug 18 2008, 02:26 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,317

Since Gencon is over now, is there any spoilers/news regarding Shadowrun released?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Aug 18 2008, 03:57 AM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Um ... I saw a card-thing there. It had stuff on it GM's toolbox? Some other stuff, too.

+Quote Post
dog_xinu
post Aug 18 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,091

some more source books (non-core books) are coming.. no firm dates I heard of... 1-2 of them are targeted for Q04 this year I believe. Must bear with me, I got 7 hours last night after I got home and that almost doubled my GenCON sleep hours. The card that Aaron mentioned also mentioned the GM Toolkit. Once I unpack, I will see what the book names were that they mentioned.

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Aug 18 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

The card mentioned a reprinting of Street Magic and the new releases: Feral Cities, Vice, and Ghost Cartels. And a GM's toolkit: "A GM's screen and more!" I want to know what the "and more" is. No street dates on anything, just prices and serial numbers. Nothing was revealed that Dumpshockers don't already know.

I did get a Saeder-Krupp tee which I really like. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) The hoodies were all sold out by Saturday afternoon, with an exception for those who were more hefty in stature. My gf picked up a women's cut Shadowrun tee.

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Aug 19 2008, 02:43 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,508

QUOTE (dog_xinu @ Aug 18 2008, 07:35 AM) *
some more source books (non-core books) are coming.. no firm dates I heard of... 1-2 of them are targeted for Q04 this year I believe.

Ghost Cartels and Feral Cities are the two books scheduled for release this year, per Peter Taylor's SR: 20th Anniversary talk.

+Quote Post
tsuyoshikentsu
post Aug 19 2008, 03:37 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,997

Those fluff-only?

+Quote Post
MYST1C
post Aug 19 2008, 10:45 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

From: Braunschweig, North German League, Allied German States
Member No.: 5,537

QUOTE (tsuyoshikentsu @ Aug 19 2008, 05:37 AM) *
Those fluff-only?

Ghost Cartels is a plotbook like Emergence. Feral Cities is a location book like Runner Havens and Corporate Enclaves.

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Aug 19 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,508

QUOTE (MYST1C @ Aug 19 2008, 06:45 AM) *
Ghost Cartels is a plotbook like Emergence. Feral Cities is a location book like Runner Havens and Corporate Enclaves.

Ghost Cartels is a plot book and adventure campaign, but unlike Emergence, it has fully fleshed out adventures in it, with statted NPCs (who use all the cool toys from Arsenal, custom cyberware suites from Augmentation, and advanced magic stuff from Street Magic), statted out security systems, drones, critters, and MAPS. It also has fiction to ground the events in the world, much like Emergence opens with. It also takes the runners to all our current core locations. If you have Runners Havens and Corporate Enclaves, you'll get twice the milage out of Ghost Cartels.

If anyone was at GenCon and stopped by the Catalyst booth, they no doubt heard Peter Taylor talk about Ghost Cartels (alot). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Murrdox
post Aug 19 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,752

I'm looking forward to everything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ghost Cartels sounds awesome, and Feral Cities should be interesting.

The Runner's Companion I'm anticipating... but our group isn't creating new Shadowrun characters for probably quite awhile, so I don't know how much use I'll have for it right out of the gate.

Guess that means I'll have to kill geek a couple of 'em after I get the Companion.

"Hey, okay so your that Toxic Spirit breaking into your coffin hotel and killing you WAS a little random... but them's the breaks. Hey look at these new character creation rules you can use!"

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Aug 19 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Aug 19 2008, 12:09 PM) *
Ghost Cartels is a plot book and adventure campaign, but unlike Emergence, it has fully fleshed out adventures in it, with statted NPCs (who use all the cool toys from Arsenal, custom cyberware suites from Augmentation, and advanced magic stuff from Street Magic), statted out security systems, drones, critters, and MAPS. It also has fiction to ground the events in the world, much like Emergence opens with. It also takes the runners to all our current core locations. If you have Runners Havens and Corporate Enclaves, you'll get twice the milage out of Ghost Cartels.

Yes. Yes! YES! Thank you thank you thank you!

I enjoy writing but developing a full blown adventure from a few scraps of seed ideas, a la Emergence, is extremely time consuming.

+Quote Post
otakusensei
post Aug 19 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,514

My group loved the seeds from Emergance when I ran them off the cuff. For some reason they started calling the bio-weapon drone "The Peanut", as in, "Someone stop him, he's got the peanut!". Ended it with the players downing a helicopter over a frozen river and having to drive a stolen van out to the crash and recover 'the peanut' before Lonestar and the Metroplex Guard arrived. Very frantic, very fun run and they got 'the peanut'!

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Aug 19 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #12

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Aug 19 2008, 05:09 PM) *
If anyone was at GenCon and stopped by the Catalyst booth, they no doubt heard Peter Taylor talk about Ghost Cartels (alot). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

What, Peter be a bit on the loquacious side? Never! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.