Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any news from Gencon?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Starglyte
Since Gencon is over now, is there any spoilers/news regarding Shadowrun released?
Aaron
Um ... I saw a card-thing there. It had stuff on it GM's toolbox? Some other stuff, too.
dog_xinu
some more source books (non-core books) are coming.. no firm dates I heard of... 1-2 of them are targeted for Q04 this year I believe. Must bear with me, I got 7 hours last night after I got home and that almost doubled my GenCON sleep hours. The card that Aaron mentioned also mentioned the GM Toolkit. Once I unpack, I will see what the book names were that they mentioned.
Wesley Street
The card mentioned a reprinting of Street Magic and the new releases: Feral Cities, Vice, and Ghost Cartels. And a GM's toolkit: "A GM's screen and more!" I want to know what the "and more" is. No street dates on anything, just prices and serial numbers. Nothing was revealed that Dumpshockers don't already know.

I did get a Saeder-Krupp tee which I really like. biggrin.gif The hoodies were all sold out by Saturday afternoon, with an exception for those who were more hefty in stature. My gf picked up a women's cut Shadowrun tee.
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (dog_xinu @ Aug 18 2008, 07:35 AM) *
some more source books (non-core books) are coming.. no firm dates I heard of... 1-2 of them are targeted for Q04 this year I believe.

Ghost Cartels and Feral Cities are the two books scheduled for release this year, per Peter Taylor's SR: 20th Anniversary talk.
tsuyoshikentsu
Those fluff-only?
MYST1C
QUOTE (tsuyoshikentsu @ Aug 19 2008, 05:37 AM) *
Those fluff-only?

Ghost Cartels is a plotbook like Emergence. Feral Cities is a location book like Runner Havens and Corporate Enclaves.
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Aug 19 2008, 06:45 AM) *
Ghost Cartels is a plotbook like Emergence. Feral Cities is a location book like Runner Havens and Corporate Enclaves.

Ghost Cartels is a plot book and adventure campaign, but unlike Emergence, it has fully fleshed out adventures in it, with statted NPCs (who use all the cool toys from Arsenal, custom cyberware suites from Augmentation, and advanced magic stuff from Street Magic), statted out security systems, drones, critters, and MAPS. It also has fiction to ground the events in the world, much like Emergence opens with. It also takes the runners to all our current core locations. If you have Runners Havens and Corporate Enclaves, you'll get twice the milage out of Ghost Cartels.

If anyone was at GenCon and stopped by the Catalyst booth, they no doubt heard Peter Taylor talk about Ghost Cartels (alot). wink.gif
Murrdox
I'm looking forward to everything smile.gif

Ghost Cartels sounds awesome, and Feral Cities should be interesting.

The Runner's Companion I'm anticipating... but our group isn't creating new Shadowrun characters for probably quite awhile, so I don't know how much use I'll have for it right out of the gate.

Guess that means I'll have to kill geek a couple of 'em after I get the Companion.

"Hey, okay so your that Toxic Spirit breaking into your coffin hotel and killing you WAS a little random... but them's the breaks. Hey look at these new character creation rules you can use!"
Wesley Street
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Aug 19 2008, 12:09 PM) *
Ghost Cartels is a plot book and adventure campaign, but unlike Emergence, it has fully fleshed out adventures in it, with statted NPCs (who use all the cool toys from Arsenal, custom cyberware suites from Augmentation, and advanced magic stuff from Street Magic), statted out security systems, drones, critters, and MAPS. It also has fiction to ground the events in the world, much like Emergence opens with. It also takes the runners to all our current core locations. If you have Runners Havens and Corporate Enclaves, you'll get twice the milage out of Ghost Cartels.

Yes. Yes! YES! Thank you thank you thank you!

I enjoy writing but developing a full blown adventure from a few scraps of seed ideas, a la Emergence, is extremely time consuming.
otakusensei
My group loved the seeds from Emergance when I ran them off the cuff. For some reason they started calling the bio-weapon drone "The Peanut", as in, "Someone stop him, he's got the peanut!". Ended it with the players downing a helicopter over a frozen river and having to drive a stolen van out to the crash and recover 'the peanut' before Lonestar and the Metroplex Guard arrived. Very frantic, very fun run and they got 'the peanut'!
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Aug 19 2008, 05:09 PM) *
If anyone was at GenCon and stopped by the Catalyst booth, they no doubt heard Peter Taylor talk about Ghost Cartels (alot). wink.gif

What, Peter be a bit on the loquacious side? Never! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012