> Agility Bonus for Shapeshifters, ...seems slightly strange
Irian
post Aug 23 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,709

Hi,

just noticed that the Leopard/Jaguar/Lion/Tiger shifters all get a modified agility of 5/8 (12). Somehow that doesn't really make sense (as it's normaly x/x+5 ( (x+5) * 1.5) ). Is it possibly that it was meant to be 3/8 (12) ?

Of course, this would mean, that the typical seal (the shifter, not the soldier) kicks a tiger shifter's ass (because of +1 agility more), but that's just a side note...

(And sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere before, I really didn't know how to search for this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HappyDaze
post Aug 23 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,669

I play it as 3/8 (12), but there's no official word out yet.

+Quote Post
ArkonC
post Aug 23 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,483

It's not just those, Eagle's Will is 3/9 (Should be 3/8 or 4/9) and the bear's Bod and Str are 7/13 (should be 7/12 or 8/13) don't follow the spread either...

+Quote Post
Oenone
post Aug 23 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,167

I'd have assumed it was meant to be 5/10 because honestly a Tiger being the same level of agility (or as you say worse) than a Seal?
Doesn't make much sense to me. Presumably it'll be in the errata at some point.

+Quote Post
Irian
post Aug 23 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,709

5/10 (15) seems more unlikely to me than 3/8 (12), because that would mean changing two numbers instead of just one.

+Quote Post
HappyDaze
post Aug 23 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,669

I'd have assumed it was meant to be 5/10 because honestly a Tiger being the same level of agility (or as you say worse) than a Seal?
Doesn't make much sense to me.

It makes sense to me. Tigers are not really known for their agility, but for their strength. Oddly enough, they only have the equivalent Strength of an Ork...

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Aug 23 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

It's been brought up in the unofficial errata thread and a number of other shifter threads. No word from the devs on the true values yet though.

+Quote Post
Jackstand
post Aug 23 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,298

I don't really think that having a different range of attributes is a problem, myself. Maybe metahumans all have x/x+5, but shape shifters aren't metahumans, so why should they necessarily have the same ranges?

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Aug 23 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Well, shifters take a metahuman form, so I'd expect a little conformance. Besides, with the exception of spirits and AI, every single racial option that has a stat max above 6 always has a 6 point range (1-6, 3-8, 5-10, etc), so there's pretty much a precedent set already.

+Quote Post
Jackstand
post Aug 23 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,298

Great Dragons take a metahuman form, too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Aug 24 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #11

Running Target

True. But the official BBB stats don't include ranges for each of the attributes on a dragon, great or otherwise. Yes, I'm aware of the April fake dragon PC rules, and they didn't keep a 6 point range, but as they were fake, I'm not counting them. Drakes on the other hand have the same 6 point range as everything else as well.

Either way, there's no official determination on it until the Devs say one way or the other.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 02:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.