Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Medication and auto-injectors, Getting Trauma Patches as a shot
KCKitsune
post Aug 27 2008, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,665

OK everybody, I've looked though all the books and I can't find anything about good meds to put in a auto-injector. I was wondering if there was a way to get the medication in a Trauma patch into an injectable form.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Aug 27 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #2

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

Sure. The patch is just a way to get the stuff into the body.

+Quote Post
paws2sky
post Aug 27 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 14,229

A trauma patch is what, 500 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) ? The DMSO patch itself (the normal delivery system) is super-cheap, like 5 or 10 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) . So, let's just call it 500 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) per dose and be done with it.

I'd price antidote and stimulant injections using the same logic - whatever the normal cost of teh patch would be. I suppose you could also get tranq patches too, but why? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Don't forget to get a biomonitor so you can self-administer when you collapse bleeding and unconscious.

-paws

+Quote Post
Oenone
post Aug 27 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,167

QUOTE (paws2sky @ Aug 27 2008, 02:37 PM) *
I'd price antidote and stimulant injections using the same logic - whatever the normal cost of teh patch would be. I suppose you could also get tranq patches too, but why? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

For sneaking into someone else's auto-injector of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
paws2sky
post Aug 27 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 14,229

Fair enough. Though, I might be more inclined to sneak something more interesting into the auto-injector...

I suppose you could forcibly install an auto-injector and load it up with tranqs to remotely sedate people. *shrug* Seems like a lot of effort to go through though.

-paws

+Quote Post
Rasumichin
post Aug 27 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 15,648

QUOTE (paws2sky @ Aug 27 2008, 02:37 PM) *
I suppose you could also get tranq patches too, but why? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Because you're going up against a mage with loads of control manipulations and are a troll sam with WIL :1. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)
In that case, your team might want a way to shut you down remotely.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Aug 27 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #7

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

From a role-play perspective, there are times you need to shut down and sleep but you can't naturally snooze...a pre-loaded tranq isn't a bad idea.

Of course, if someone hacks your biomonitor...ick. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

-Siege

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Aug 27 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #8

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

But in those cases, it'd be easy to just take the patch and put it on yourself, no need for it to happen automatically.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Aug 27 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,811

QUOTE (paws2sky @ Aug 27 2008, 12:06 PM) *
Fair enough. Though, I might be more inclined to sneak something more interesting into the auto-injector...

I suppose you could forcibly install an auto-injector and load it up with tranqs to remotely sedate people. *shrug* Seems like a lot of effort to go through though.

-paws

Not if you know that the bodyguard or sec goons have autoinjectors for Jazz and you replace it with tranqs.

"Runners!!! Jazz up and letzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz"

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Aug 27 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (paws2sky @ Aug 27 2008, 08:37 AM) *
Don't forget to get a biomonitor so you can self-administer when you collapse bleeding and unconscious.

-paws

Biomonitor only takes one capacity slot in a cyberlimb, and an auto-injector takes zero. A cyberhand has four slots so if you get a biomonitor in a limb it's idiocy NOT to get an auto injector in the same limb. Heck if you have multiple limbs get an injector in each limb... just protect yourself with high Firewall and IC

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Aug 28 2008, 12:19 AM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,601

Having a tranq in your autoinjector isn't exactly the worst idea from a roleplaying perspective. I know that if I get lit up I'm going to want some serious pain meds to make the hurt go away (you know, after the fighting is over).

Isn't there a drug that lets you play dead? That might be something handy to put in an autoinjector as well.

+Quote Post
Rasumichin
post Aug 28 2008, 12:35 AM
Post #12

Running Target

Member No.: 15,648

QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Aug 28 2008, 12:19 AM) *
Isn't there a drug that lets you play dead? That might be something handy to put in an autoinjector as well.

Yeah, it's called slab or Ghulpille.
Completely impossible to notice you're still alive without careful medical examination.
Lasts for a couple hours, though- and knocks you out completely.
Could lead to nasty surprises depending on where you wake up once it wears off.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Aug 28 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #13

Hoppelhäschen 5000

What I'm missing from said Drug is how it affects overflow damage accumulation.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Aug 29 2008, 06:23 AM
Post #14

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Aug 27 2008, 01:43 PM) *
Biomonitor only takes one capacity slot in a cyberlimb, and an auto-injector takes zero. A cyberhand has four slots so if you get a biomonitor in a limb it's idiocy NOT to get an auto injector in the same limb. Heck if you have multiple limbs get an injector in each limb... just protect yourself with high Firewall and IC

Screw that. Just hardline them to each other, and shut off the wireless. They're unhackable.

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Aug 29 2008, 07:34 AM
Post #15

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Cain @ Aug 29 2008, 02:23 AM) *
Screw that. Just hardline them to each other, and shut off the wireless. They're unhackable.

You would still have some way to be able to activate the auto-injectors. You could link them to the commlink and then secure the 'Link.

Now here's what I'm thinking of having in my character's Injector: 2 doses of what's in a Trauma Patch, and one dose of each of the following: antidote (rating 6), cram, antibac, and zeta-interferon.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Aug 29 2008, 09:12 AM
Post #16

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Member No.: 178

You would still have some way to be able to activate the auto-injectors. You could link them to the commlink and then secure the 'Link.

I think I didn't make myself clear. Link the biomonitor to the auto-injectors, and shut off the wirelsss. You can't hack them now, and you don't lose the utility of either device.

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Aug 29 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #17

Dragon

Doesn't antidote have to be specified for what its an antidote for?

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Aug 29 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #18

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

isn't that a broad-band antidote?

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Aug 29 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #19

Dragon

SR4, 330, "Antidote Patch: Add the rating of an antidote patch to any toxin resistance tests (see p. 245) made within 20 minutes after it has been applied (this only applies for toxin the antidote protects against)."

I'd say no.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Aug 29 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #20

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Well, it's a typo for sure: The sence is missing either a 'the' in front of 'toxin' or a 's' after 'toxin'.

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Aug 29 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #21

Dragon

Even if it said toxins, it only works on those the antidote patch is for, which is most likely, one.

Also, SR4, 246 "Antidotes
In order to provide protection, antidotes must be taken before a toxin’s effects kick in. An antidote taken afterwards will not diminish the damage caused by the toxin, but may reduce the toxin’s other effects.
Characters with the appropriate medical equipment may synthesize antidotes to a toxin with an appropriate Medicine Test. The gamemaster should set the threshold as appropriate to the rarity and complexity of the toxin. Not that some toxins simply have no effective antidote—particularly neurotoxins.
If a victim has suffered Physical damage overflow from a toxin, then application of the appropriate antidote will automatically stabilize her."

Also lends itself that one antidote per toxin. No mention of any broad antidotes.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Aug 29 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #22

Hoppelhäschen 5000

QUOTE (Tarantula @ Aug 29 2008, 06:30 PM) *
Even if it said toxins, it only works on those the antidote patch is for, which is most likely, one.

Actually, if it said 'toxins', it's at least two. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Aug 29 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #23

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

SR3 had broad-spectrum antidotes, but they smelled a bit like panacea. I suspect that the Devs wanted something a bit more realistic.

Another aspect with the auto-injectors that I have used is to have them inject the nanites for the Savior med-kit (this was SR3). With a linked bio-monitor and medkit, the kit will wirelessly direct the nanites to repair damage. Sure, you only get the rating of the kit, no First Aid, but if it's the difference between dead and mostly dead, I'll choose mostly dead.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Aug 29 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,811

QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Aug 29 2008, 12:50 PM) *
SR3 had broad-spectrum antidotes, but they smelled a bit like panacea. I suspect that the Devs wanted something a bit more realistic.

Another aspect with the auto-injectors that I have used is to have them inject the nanites for the Savior med-kit (this was SR3). With a linked bio-monitor and medkit, the kit will wirelessly direct the nanites to repair damage. Sure, you only get the rating of the kit, no First Aid, but if it's the difference between dead and mostly dead, I'll choose mostly dead.

That isn't even an issue in SR4. Just get an agent with the First-aid and Medicine Profession autosofts. Load it into your comlink. Link the agent to the medkit, autoinjector and biomoniter. You go down and the agent does what it can with the kit and drugs in your autoinjector and biomonitor.

Just pray your comlink isn't hacked.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Aug 29 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #25

Hoppelhäschen 5000

QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Aug 29 2008, 06:50 PM) *

Well, using a Nano-Biomonitor and a Trauma Control System seems lighter.
Of course, no one could anwwer me what's the internal combination to actually heal damage... perhaps loading an autoinjector with those supplies is.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:16 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.