IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SURGE + Biocompatability + Type O System, Worth It? Exploitable? An Admiral Akbar?
dirkformica
post Sep 5 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,288

I was wondering if combining Surge levels (Runner's Companion) with Biocompatibility and Type O System (Augmentation) would be worthwhile at character creation. What sorts of builds could optimally take advantage of this combo? It seems like starting money and availability restrictions would hinder fully exploiting this, but I'm completely new to 4th edition and have no practical chargen skills so I could be missing something. It could be nice for an Awakened character (Adepts?) to get more out of less essence loss, but the trade off in in build points/karma/whatever that could be gained with other Positive Qualities seems to balance out.

So any SURGE freaks with mega-bioware builds floating around? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jago668
post Sep 6 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,212

You could cram in some nifty stuff, but availability cuts out doing the really horrible stuff. Especially since you won't have the restricted gear quality available to do something like take synaptic boosters 3. Though as a side note, you could take 6 levels of the in debt negative quality to have I think an extra 30,000 starting off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:15 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.