IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 800 Point Characters...want to make one?, Pregens for a potential submission...
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 9 2008, 05:01 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,304

Okay, prebuilds... I'm going to start the bidding as follows, and open it to the forum users here:
400 BP to start, then 400 more points usable either as BP or Karma.
Up to 400 BP can be potentially spent on the base 8 Attributes...I wouldn't recommend it...but there you go. This does NOT bypass character creation attribute maxima. Note that this cap doesn't include Edge, Magic, Resonance, or the cost of a race.
Up to 200BP can be spent on loot. Hence, there is a 1 million nuyen cap. Qualities apply proportionally to this value (x4).
70/70 Quality cap. Again, Race/SURGE is outside that cap.
No restrictions on Availability or License ratings...which yes, this means you can walk into the scenario with a 40F piece of gear.

Yes, this would be the campaign (yes, there very well may be more than one of these scenarios) where the Infected, AIs, Free Spirits, and other oddities start getting rolled out. Advance your favorite character, the concept you always dreamed of, or make some hellacious twinkbeast, I don't personally care, the doors are wide open. The goal of this scenario is A) to kill off heinous GMPCs with a nasty habit of becoming "PC parachutes" and B) To educate the GM as to what nastiness his table is capable of, so as to learn better character and story design, not to mention better tailor his rewards.

You are functionally building the stars of Shadowrun...the runners so big that they take jobs in public view.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Sep 9 2008, 06:28 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Are you using the optional rule (from the Street Magic errata) that adepts can take a power point in lieu of a metamagic when they initiate?

+Quote Post
Gray
post Sep 9 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,595

Are you allowing AI's or other racial options from the Runner's Companion?

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 9 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Are you allowing AI's or other racial options from the Runner's Companion?

Are you using the optional rule (from the Street Magic errata) that adepts can take a power point in lieu of a metamagic when they initiate?

Yes and yes, pretty much the only thing NOT in use, is the Karma build or Priority build system. Go nuts.

When I said...
Yes, this would be the campaign (yes, there very well may be more than one of these scenarios) where the Infected, AIs, Free Spirits, and other oddities start getting rolled out. Advance your favorite character, the concept you always dreamed of, or make some hellacious twinkbeast, I don't personally care, the doors are wide open.

I meant the PLAYERS.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Sep 9 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #5

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

so, no chargen cybermancy?

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Sep 10 2008, 02:41 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Okay, here's one from me. Not sure if it's quite what you want. He's not really a game-breaking monstrosity, just a martial arts build powered up with some initiation and good bioware.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 10 2008, 03:16 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 9 2008, 06:36 PM) *
so, no chargen cybermancy?

If you can pay for it in 400 Karma, seems like it'd work...

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 10 2008, 03:17 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Glyph @ Sep 9 2008, 09:41 PM) *
Okay, here's one from me. Not sure if it's quite what you want. He's not really a game-breaking monstrosity, just a martial arts build powered up with some initiation and good bioware.

[ Spoiler ]

Looks good. Surprised there's no broken-ass drugs or super guns, but hey, he seems viable nonetheless.

+Quote Post
Nigel
post Sep 10 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,932

Wow. If I can get a character together in time, I definitely want to do this.

Maybe a rehash of my Rigger/Face...removing the restrictions makes his cars even deadlier.

+Quote Post
Alieth
post Sep 11 2008, 08:41 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 15,974

I'm making my character RIGHT NOW.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Sep 11 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #11

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

What about a Koborokuru/Oriental Drake spellcaster, initiated in the way of Shinto magic? How much time do we have?

(I am so trying that with 750 karma FIRST, before I´m spoiled to death).

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 11 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

QUOTE (Ryu @ Sep 11 2008, 04:07 PM) *
What about a Koborokuru/Oriental Drake spellcaster, initiated in the way of Shinto magic? How much time do we have?

(I am so trying that with 750 karma FIRST, before I´m spoiled to death).

If you prefer "centerstaging"/"freakshowing" to twinking, be my guest. It takes all types in the shadows...

A note to everyone. These characters are going in a folder of prebuilts. They are being submitted along with a writeup for a new strain of missions(Missions?) to be most likely passed out as one-shots for the cons. That being said, these characters will be called upon for the BIG JOBS. The kind where the social miasma of betrayal/backstab takes a backseat to really solving a problem. A good example of this is the whole Crash 2.0 thing. Taking out toxic dragons(yeah, I said it), corp secbases, Prime Runners, AIs, Great Spirits, waves of arthroform assault drones(*coughNecroncoughTerminatorcough*), and other such over-the-top crap that makes great trideo, but is hell on an unprepared GM. The first was run off-the-cuff at Dragon*Con as "Passport to Pain", where the group was sent to kill off a Prime Runner and his team who had finally pissed Mitsuhama off that one last time...

As for time limits, this isn't vanishing in the next few weeks, but timeliness counts. When I have the NPCs statted, and the scenarios mapped and detailed, it's getting sent off. The prebuilts are going with it. Those who submitted them will get a little credit as playtesters, and might even get first crack at the finalized draft, and new scenarios.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Sep 11 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #13

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Your answer to that question is "yes, if you don´t want to be powerful."... Inner Child = (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 11 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (Ryu @ Sep 11 2008, 04:25 PM) *
Your answer to that question is "yes, if you don´t want to be powerful."... Inner Child = (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

And I quote: Advance your favorite character, the concept you always dreamed of, or make some hellacious twinkbeast, I don't personally care, the doors are wide open.

+Quote Post
Starmage21
post Sep 11 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,448

I'll try my hand at this soon. Hurricane Ike is coming, and I have a feeling I'll have more than enough time with pencil and paper.

+Quote Post
Alieth
post Sep 12 2008, 12:31 AM
Post #16

Target

My character, my badass, he owns hard. 28 pool to shoot with his best gun, if he decides to spend Edge.

COUNT BLACULA!

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 12 2008, 01:18 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

QUOTE (Alieth @ Sep 11 2008, 07:31 PM) *
My character, my badass, he owns hard. 28 pool to shoot with his best gun, if he decides to spend Edge.

COUNT BLACULA!

[ Spoiler ]

But how can he be Blackula without a 'fro, sideburns and cyberfangs?

+Quote Post
Alieth
post Sep 12 2008, 07:57 AM
Post #18

Target

QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 11 2008, 05:18 PM) *
But how can he be Blackula without a 'fro, sideburns and cyberfangs?

Because he is Count Blacula! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

And Real Men don't need cyberfangs. Just an Uzi, and a goatee.

Watch for updates to my post, I still have to hand out his biography (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Wasabi
post Sep 12 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #19

Running Target

Member No.: 6,651

Coldhand Jake, how do you want to handle spirits and sprites? Both buy hits 4:1, both buy hits 3:1 (making edge more valuable), or ask players to roll in front of you?

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 12 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (Wasabi @ Sep 12 2008, 08:33 AM) *
Coldhand Jake, how do you want to handle spirits and sprites? Both buy hits 4:1, both buy hits 3:1 (making edge more valuable), or ask players to roll in front of you?

You can't buy this with Karma or BP? Pretty sure you could...

+Quote Post
Wasabi
post Sep 14 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #21

Running Target

QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 12 2008, 01:00 PM) *
You can't buy this with Karma or BP? Pretty sure you could...

I dont believe sprites can be and I know some things like Spirit Invoking require a contested dieroll to determine if they succeed or not. How do you want players to handle such circumstances?

If no dieroll even withou bought hits is required then A magic 8 mage could cruise around with a half dozen very **ssed off force 16 spirits if he wanted to. The contested dierolls need a statistically fair way of resolution such as buying hits on BOTH sides at the same 3:1 or 4:1 ratio.

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 14 2008, 08:20 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

Bound Spirits and Sprites can be bought with BP, at character creation. p. 85-86

+Quote Post
Wasabi
post Sep 15 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #23

Running Target

How do you want players to handle Registered Sprites, Invoked Spirits, and Ally Spirits?

+Quote Post
venenum
post Sep 17 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,033

The extra 400 is either Karma or BP is there an exchange rate?

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Sep 17 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #25

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...coool. Normally I don't get into this kind of thing but if these are going to end up as elite SR characters then, hell why not?

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.