Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 800 Point Characters...want to make one?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Coldhand Jake
Okay, prebuilds... I'm going to start the bidding as follows, and open it to the forum users here:
400 BP to start, then 400 more points usable either as BP or Karma.
Up to 400 BP can be potentially spent on the base 8 Attributes...I wouldn't recommend it...but there you go. This does NOT bypass character creation attribute maxima. Note that this cap doesn't include Edge, Magic, Resonance, or the cost of a race.
Up to 200BP can be spent on loot. Hence, there is a 1 million nuyen cap. Qualities apply proportionally to this value (x4).
70/70 Quality cap. Again, Race/SURGE is outside that cap.
No restrictions on Availability or License ratings...which yes, this means you can walk into the scenario with a 40F piece of gear.

Yes, this would be the campaign (yes, there very well may be more than one of these scenarios) where the Infected, AIs, Free Spirits, and other oddities start getting rolled out. Advance your favorite character, the concept you always dreamed of, or make some hellacious twinkbeast, I don't personally care, the doors are wide open. The goal of this scenario is A) to kill off heinous GMPCs with a nasty habit of becoming "PC parachutes" and B) To educate the GM as to what nastiness his table is capable of, so as to learn better character and story design, not to mention better tailor his rewards.

You are functionally building the stars of Shadowrun...the runners so big that they take jobs in public view.
Glyph
Are you using the optional rule (from the Street Magic errata) that adepts can take a power point in lieu of a metamagic when they initiate?
Gray
Are you allowing AI's or other racial options from the Runner's Companion?
Coldhand Jake
Are you allowing AI's or other racial options from the Runner's Companion?

Are you using the optional rule (from the Street Magic errata) that adepts can take a power point in lieu of a metamagic when they initiate?

Yes and yes, pretty much the only thing NOT in use, is the Karma build or Priority build system. Go nuts.

When I said...
Yes, this would be the campaign (yes, there very well may be more than one of these scenarios) where the Infected, AIs, Free Spirits, and other oddities start getting rolled out. Advance your favorite character, the concept you always dreamed of, or make some hellacious twinkbeast, I don't personally care, the doors are wide open.

I meant the PLAYERS.
Stahlseele
so, no chargen cybermancy?
Glyph
Okay, here's one from me. Not sure if it's quite what you want. He's not really a game-breaking monstrosity, just a martial arts build powered up with some initiation and good bioware.

[ Spoiler ]
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 9 2008, 06:36 PM) *
so, no chargen cybermancy?

If you can pay for it in 400 Karma, seems like it'd work...
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (Glyph @ Sep 9 2008, 09:41 PM) *
Okay, here's one from me. Not sure if it's quite what you want. He's not really a game-breaking monstrosity, just a martial arts build powered up with some initiation and good bioware.

[ Spoiler ]

Looks good. Surprised there's no broken-ass drugs or super guns, but hey, he seems viable nonetheless.
Nigel
Wow. If I can get a character together in time, I definitely want to do this.

Maybe a rehash of my Rigger/Face...removing the restrictions makes his cars even deadlier.
Alieth
I'm making my character RIGHT NOW.
Ryu
What about a Koborokuru/Oriental Drake spellcaster, initiated in the way of Shinto magic? How much time do we have?

(I am so trying that with 750 karma FIRST, before I´m spoiled to death).
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (Ryu @ Sep 11 2008, 04:07 PM) *
What about a Koborokuru/Oriental Drake spellcaster, initiated in the way of Shinto magic? How much time do we have?

(I am so trying that with 750 karma FIRST, before I´m spoiled to death).

If you prefer "centerstaging"/"freakshowing" to twinking, be my guest. It takes all types in the shadows...

A note to everyone. These characters are going in a folder of prebuilts. They are being submitted along with a writeup for a new strain of missions(Missions?) to be most likely passed out as one-shots for the cons. That being said, these characters will be called upon for the BIG JOBS. The kind where the social miasma of betrayal/backstab takes a backseat to really solving a problem. A good example of this is the whole Crash 2.0 thing. Taking out toxic dragons(yeah, I said it), corp secbases, Prime Runners, AIs, Great Spirits, waves of arthroform assault drones(*coughNecroncoughTerminatorcough*), and other such over-the-top crap that makes great trideo, but is hell on an unprepared GM. The first was run off-the-cuff at Dragon*Con as "Passport to Pain", where the group was sent to kill off a Prime Runner and his team who had finally pissed Mitsuhama off that one last time...

As for time limits, this isn't vanishing in the next few weeks, but timeliness counts. When I have the NPCs statted, and the scenarios mapped and detailed, it's getting sent off. The prebuilts are going with it. Those who submitted them will get a little credit as playtesters, and might even get first crack at the finalized draft, and new scenarios.
Ryu
Your answer to that question is "yes, if you don´t want to be powerful."... Inner Child = love.gif
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (Ryu @ Sep 11 2008, 04:25 PM) *
Your answer to that question is "yes, if you don´t want to be powerful."... Inner Child = love.gif

And I quote: Advance your favorite character, the concept you always dreamed of, or make some hellacious twinkbeast, I don't personally care, the doors are wide open.
Starmage21
I'll try my hand at this soon. Hurricane Ike is coming, and I have a feeling I'll have more than enough time with pencil and paper.
Alieth
My character, my badass, he owns hard. 28 pool to shoot with his best gun, if he decides to spend Edge.

COUNT BLACULA!

[ Spoiler ]
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (Alieth @ Sep 11 2008, 07:31 PM) *
My character, my badass, he owns hard. 28 pool to shoot with his best gun, if he decides to spend Edge.

COUNT BLACULA!

[ Spoiler ]

But how can he be Blackula without a 'fro, sideburns and cyberfangs?
Alieth
QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 11 2008, 05:18 PM) *
But how can he be Blackula without a 'fro, sideburns and cyberfangs?

Because he is Count Blacula! nyahnyah.gif

And Real Men don't need cyberfangs. Just an Uzi, and a goatee.

Watch for updates to my post, I still have to hand out his biography nyahnyah.gif
Wasabi
Coldhand Jake, how do you want to handle spirits and sprites? Both buy hits 4:1, both buy hits 3:1 (making edge more valuable), or ask players to roll in front of you?
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Sep 12 2008, 08:33 AM) *
Coldhand Jake, how do you want to handle spirits and sprites? Both buy hits 4:1, both buy hits 3:1 (making edge more valuable), or ask players to roll in front of you?

You can't buy this with Karma or BP? Pretty sure you could...
Wasabi
QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 12 2008, 01:00 PM) *
You can't buy this with Karma or BP? Pretty sure you could...

I dont believe sprites can be and I know some things like Spirit Invoking require a contested dieroll to determine if they succeed or not. How do you want players to handle such circumstances?

If no dieroll even withou bought hits is required then A magic 8 mage could cruise around with a half dozen very **ssed off force 16 spirits if he wanted to. The contested dierolls need a statistically fair way of resolution such as buying hits on BOTH sides at the same 3:1 or 4:1 ratio.
Coldhand Jake
Bound Spirits and Sprites can be bought with BP, at character creation. p. 85-86
Wasabi
How do you want players to handle Registered Sprites, Invoked Spirits, and Ally Spirits?
venenum
The extra 400 is either Karma or BP is there an exchange rate?
Kyoto Kid
...coool. Normally I don't get into this kind of thing but if these are going to end up as elite SR characters then, hell why not?
Ryu
Still working on it, shifted the concept to china (normal dwarf, Wuxing tradition). *checksescaproute*"Could you make that 900?"*tearsawaylikeheck*

(No honest request, chargen got a bit out of hand.)
venenum
Also can we make our own cyber suites? (e.g. Say we wanted to implant 6 cyber spurs that would be 1.8 essence unmodified.) Also can we make spurs and other cyber-weaponry "fineblade" to get the bonuses?
Rasumichin
Can skill groups be broken up at chargen?
Wasabi
Guys.... its a 800pt game... can't RAW be good enough?

smile.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Sep 18 2008, 09:37 AM) *

No! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Sep 18 2008, 12:37 AM) *

smile.gif

It is RAW, it's just "not suggested".
But in theory, it's allowed "with GM permission".
Wasabi
Ah, gotcha. smile.gif
Ryu
It is a "munchkins: ask your GM, it is allowed", "real roleplayers: don´t do it, it´s not kosher" thingy.

And this is munchkin from the get-go, right? We are building the neutral evil gods for some submission, yes?
venenum
I certiantly hope so. Though how should we handle HMHVV; I mean we could say he got after Char gen and so didn't have to pay for it? (I know this will never happen)

How should I modle batman wings like he has in the Batman Begins movie?
Kronk2
When do you start, and how do you want the characters delivered? I can build and send via excel
Coldhand Jake
Still taking submissions, I prefer in the usual text format. Excel just irritates me, I have to load Google Documents...ugh.

If you're building an infected, you spend the points. Period.

Fineblade cyberspurs are fine. The villain of the first Passport to Pain ran them.

Custom cybersuites within reason.
Glyph
All right, here's some background for Basher if you need it. You might wind up cutting it down a lot if these are going to be pre-gens, or just using the top blurbs.

[ Spoiler ]
pbangarth
I've been away. Just saw this. Is it still open for submissions?

Peter
Bobson
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 6 2008, 08:22 PM) *
I've been away. Just saw this. Is it still open for submissions?

Peter

I hope so. I just saw it, and I'm certainly going to put something together. Even if it's too late, my usual GM can probably use it as an adversary for us...
Coldhand Jake
Bring it on. Still working, Wasabi has yet to get back to me on the first draft on my main antagonist of my first one of these, and I have yet to wrap up the other 4.
Ryu
I present "Celestial Servant", a respected member of the HK political underground and shadows. (Street name is up for discussion, he came close to being named Document 1)

Attributes:
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities:
[ Spoiler ]

Skills:
[ Spoiler ]

Magic:
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts: Unofficial Errata: Runners Companion
[ Spoiler ]

Gear:
[ Spoiler ]

HK-based so far. I can make the move to Seattle if you want. Sorry for delivering late, chargen was not in me lately.
Coldhand Jake
Looks good, though I recommend the Trust Fund and Day Job traits, to help you get a permanent High Lifestyle. Scrub the serial numbers off Trust Fund and it makes a great "Stable Home Life" advantage. As for moving him to Seattle, nah. These are the best in the -world-, called in to do the Big Jobs. I'm not so Seattle-centrist, my own stories are out of LA and the Three Cities(Montgomery/Birmingham/Atlanta.)
Karaden
Still interested in seeing any new characters for this?
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (Karaden @ Oct 8 2008, 08:59 PM) *
Still interested in seeing any new characters for this?

Yep, keep them coming folks, until I tell you otherwise, I'm still gathering stuff up
Ryu
QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Oct 9 2008, 02:09 AM) *
Looks good, though I recommend the Trust Fund and Day Job traits, to help you get a permanent High Lifestyle. Scrub the serial numbers off Trust Fund and it makes a great "Stable Home Life" advantage. As for moving him to Seattle, nah. These are the best in the -world-, called in to do the Big Jobs. I'm not so Seattle-centrist, my own stories are out of LA and the Three Cities(Montgomery/Birmingham/Atlanta.)

This is one top runner that can overdraw his shadow bank account without problem. And obviously does so without consideration for the monthly payments, it´s not that much money.

Day Job and Local Fame 1 is one combination I have considered. Would actually still be legal according to your rules. But I imagine him doing loads of favours for one of his three networks of contacts, no fixed job with fixed schedule.

Good to know he can stay in HK, home base advantages are looking pretty good right now.
Ryu
How about armor for the dracoform? Custom-fitted is a given of course.
pbangarth
Here's Uncle Zola, Voodoo Magician from New Orleans.

Stats here, character description to follow.

[ Spoiler ]

EDITED: Taking into account feedback below, and listing Knowledge this time. Less mojo, more knowledge, spells and contacts. Back story still to follow.

RE_EDITED: see post #58
Coldhand Jake
For such power and a Charisma of 8, Brother Voodoo here sure doesn't have alot of allies and contacts...
pbangarth
I agree.

After posting him, I looked at the papers on my desk and said essentially the same thing. Funny how the obvious doesn't appear when it's right in front of your face. Part of the back story I am writing explains some of that, but this seems a bit too twinky.

Give me a day to look him over.

Peter
Bobson
Any change to the availability limitations? Or should we just use the new Restricted Gear quality to go past the usual 12?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012