IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> hatchetman, whatever happened to good ol' hatch?
fourstring_samur...
post Dec 23 2003, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,912

I'm particularly fond of the story style that the cybertechnology sourcebook had. is their anymore info on what happened to hatchetman after he joined team cyber zombie? I'm fairly up to date on the sourcebooks, but don't own SOTA. Also, i know of a ccg card titled "hatchetman 2057" but i've never gotten the chance to see it.

any info is much appreciated.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Dec 23 2003, 09:09 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Given the general life span of a cyberzombie, Hatchetman is likely dead.

+Quote Post
Hero
post Dec 23 2003, 09:15 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,996

From some of the novels a read that had Hatchetman, he one grade A bad ass you did not piss off. But yah, after the Cybermancy procedure he went through, I say he would not last long unless there is something canon that says other wise.

+Quote Post
fourstring_samur...
post Dec 23 2003, 09:57 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

what novels had hatchetman in them?

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Dec 23 2003, 10:25 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,516

The post-op Hatchetman trading card shows a crazy-looking guy with four cyberarms - you can see the picture in part on the back of Man&Machine. The pic at the bottom is ol'Hatchetman.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Dec 23 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #6

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Speaking of cyberpsychotics, whatever happened to Kid Stealth?

~J

+Quote Post
toturi
post Dec 24 2003, 12:55 AM
Post #7

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Last I heard was that he took some MAJOR damage... Let me see... Terminus Experiment.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Dec 24 2003, 01:27 AM
Post #8

Great Dragon

toturi: I don't think so. Check again and make sure.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Dec 24 2003, 02:33 AM
Post #9

Canon Companion

Unless he cameo-ed after Terminus, I'm sure he almost bought the big one.

p102 of Terminus -
"... After what happened to Kid Stealth, we are up to our necks in this thing."
De Vries nodded. "Will he pull through?"

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Dec 24 2003, 03:32 AM
Post #10

Great Dragon

Huh. Brain must have died that I missed that, in the limo with Wolf, yaar.

+Quote Post
The Grifter
post Dec 24 2003, 07:07 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,918

If Hatchetman is as bad ass as he's made out to be, I doubt he's dead. The fact he's psychotic aside, he's been around awhile, assuming what I've put together from various sources is correct. So I'd say he's probably still lurking around out there somewhere.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Dec 24 2003, 08:05 PM
Post #12

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

Be as bad-ass as you like, be the coldest, nastiest killer on the planet and you still have to accept the laws of physics.

A bad attitude isn't enough to keep your blood flowing after your heart has been ripped out.

It won't stop the bullets from shredding your meat corpse (sorry, trademark from "Fullborgs R Us")

Unfortunately, as slick as Hatchet was, barring any changes or upgrades in cyberzombie tech, his life expectancy is no greater than any other lab rat in the project.

-Siege

+Quote Post
toturi
post Dec 24 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #13

Canon Companion

Negative on that Siege. If you read the M & M rules for CZs, you'll see that the key factor in life expectancy of a CZ is Willpower.

An initial Willpower of 9 or more before he became a CZ (he's a human but he could have the Exceptional Attribute: Willpower edge) would significantly increase one's life expectancy.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Dec 25 2003, 12:20 AM
Post #14

Dragon

It's still a terminal condition -- just because he lives a couple of hours longer than the less-Willed fellow doesn't count for too terribly much.

However, I will concede the point that it's possible for him to still be alive. Not likely, but possible.

-Siege

+Quote Post
toturi
post Dec 25 2003, 12:41 AM
Post #15

Canon Companion

The CZ has 2 long term effects: chronic dissociation syndrome and cancer.

In CDS table, if the CZ has only -0.5 Essense, he makes a check once every 6 months at a TN of 3! With potentially more than 6 Willpower, I think he should make the roll.

Cancer is rolled at the time of the CZ operation. If he passes, he passes. No cancer.

No other long term stuff to worry about, other then remembering to top up the cocktail once in a while.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Dec 25 2003, 01:33 PM
Post #16

Dragon

QUOTE (toturi)
The CZ has 2 long term effects: chronic dissociation syndrome and cancer.

In CDS table, if the CZ has only -0.5 Essense, he makes a check once every 6 months at a TN of 3! With potentially more than 6 Willpower, I think he should make the roll.

Cancer is rolled at the time of the CZ operation. If he passes, he passes. No cancer.

No other long term stuff to worry about, other then remembering to top up the cocktail once in a while.

That begs an interesting question -- what's the average essence of a cyberzombie?

-Siege

+Quote Post
toturi
post Dec 25 2003, 03:19 PM
Post #17

Canon Companion

At delta level, the amount of implants are doubled. Therefore, at -1.5, he'll have a whooping 15 essense points worth implants in him. And the TN is at 5 at every 6 months. With symbiotes and a high Body, against a TN of 3 (double absolute essense rating of -1.5) with 2D6, I think it is almost impossible to get that cancer.

I think the only hang up is the initial cybermantic test TN of 8, which may cause some trouble.

+Quote Post
Liquid_Obsidian
post Dec 25 2003, 04:10 PM
Post #18

Target

Member No.: 5,775

Siege: it all depend , i merelly divide the CZ in my world into four classes:

- God knows how a GM let runners have their filthy hands on this kinda stuff
Trought some weird time/space tunnels they come to the street and are "light" cyber zombies
E: -0.00001 to -2

-Corporatist "all around" strike force
I know , managing to put CZ and "all around" in the same sentence is a quind of art but those badd asses protects some top knoch zones and buildings , they are mainteined on site
E: -1 to -4 Some beta and maybe some delta

-Corporatist Heavy response we gonna blow your ass CZ
Those are built on demand or very heavy/hard to maintain CZ , rarelly used by corps (read burn out here...) for very specific and or very important missions
E: -2 to -too mutch

-Mil Spec CZ
You don't even WANT to know...
E: what did i JUST said !?!?

I don't use average essence for CZ , just as pieces of art each one is unique...

Q: Do you ever use CZ in "regular" gaming parties ?
Q: Who , for god's sake, let's his PC get their hand on Cybermancy ?

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Dec 25 2003, 05:49 PM
Post #19

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

I let them. I'll be surprised if I ever have to more than once.

~J

+Quote Post
Moonstone Spider
post Dec 25 2003, 10:32 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,834

Here's a question, can a Cyber Zombie also be awakened, assuming a high number of initiations before Zombiedom?

After all, magic goes down by 1 for each essence point lost, a CZ with -2 essence and 3 initiations would have magic 1 by those rules. Or would this be unreasonable, should all magic vanish when essence reaches 0?

+Quote Post
Nath
post Dec 25 2003, 10:39 PM
Post #21

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Moonstone Spider)
Here's a question, can a Cyber Zombie also be awakened, assuming a high number of initiations before Zombiedom?

After all, magic goes down by 1 for each essence point lost, a CZ with -2 essence and 3 initiations would have magic 1 by those rules. Or would this be unreasonable, should all magic vanish when essence reaches 0?

The rules states that "their negative Essence and the Cybermantic ritual" prevent the CZ from performing Magic. Initiation can do something about the Essence effect, but not about the ritual (about which we know little). Then there's a difference between "being awakened" and "performing magic"...

+Quote Post
toturi
post Dec 26 2003, 03:02 AM
Post #22

Canon Companion

I think it would be more of a "Do I want my CZ to last long and be operationally ready 24/7 or is it a Powerful but I've have to cryo-freeze it after every op zombie"?

A op-ready zombie would have an essense of not less(or more, depends on how you look at it) than -2. Such a rapid-reaction/deployment CZ is useful in that it is slightly less maintanence intensive than a CZ with less than -2 essense.

A CZ with less than -2 essense is very resource intensive even for a AAA. Imagine not only must you counter the drain for the ritual, the TN for success is also significantly higher. Also the risk of cancer is much higher, as well as the CZ's willpower starts to drop the more his essense drops less than -2.

So for me a cost-effective CZ would have an essense of -2 or slightly more with an initial Willpower of 6(-1.5 to -2).

+Quote Post
Mongoose
post Dec 26 2003, 06:29 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 227

From what I can tell, it is possible (fairly easy, in fact) to reduce a person to exactly zero essence. {Vampires do this particulalry effectivley.} That will kill them unless you do a cybermantic ritual.

So you do it, dropping the newly required cyberware (IMS, AutoInjector, whatever) into a handy essence slot. {Vampiric victims have nice big essence slots.}

Gee, a Cyberzomby with 0 essence. Hmm, lets compute thier various test TN's and drawbacks... doesn't seem to be any!

And thier nescessary drug reatments cost how much? Gosh, they are FREE!

{Gee, are there any vampires out there who work with Cybermancy?}

That's right kids, you to can be a dual natured samurai, and still keep you mind and immune system (mostly) intact, with no expensive drugs required to live out a normal (un)natrual lifespan! You won't even create a noticable background count!

Order today, and we will include a free chip copy of "Aura Reading for Dummies", allowing you to enjoy the visual wonders of the Astral Plane as soon as you recover!

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Dec 26 2003, 07:24 AM
Post #24

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

And why is that better than a normal guy with .01 essense and none of it wasted on IMS (.25 or as low as .125) and specialty life support (.1 or as low as .05)? Looks like you just wasted .165 (or as much as .34) worth of essense for the sole purpose of being a cyberzombie with minimal side effects.

+Quote Post
fourstring_samur...
post Dec 26 2003, 06:09 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

i've looked and I still have no clue as to what novels had hatch in them. i wasn't aware he was in any, actually.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:59 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.