Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disguise Skill, How does it work?
hazemyth
post Oct 3 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,973

There's so little on this skill, undoubtedly because it new to 4th ed. What do people think about it's limitations and modifiers? How does it work regarding race? Ethnicity? Gender?

Can an oni-do ninja ever disguise himself as a human sarariman? With a latex mask? Nanoskin? Facial sculpting? (I mean, what about the horns?)

I'm thinking at least -3 for cross-gender/metatype disguises. Maybe -5 for metavariants, trolls and dwarfs (and then only if you're a human/elf/ork).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Oct 3 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

I'd say only as your metatype. Unless eligible for a [race] poser quality at a penalty, of -3 or so.

No rules on it though.

+Quote Post
BullZeye
post Oct 4 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,168

A dwarf trying to disguise oneself as a troll would require quite some social skills, too. If one is good at disguising, I would say it is possible to get results like the elf poser/orc poser type of things, along with a gender change as long as you got also some way to mask your voice. I wouldn't give any negative modifier, but the threshold raised. Of course one can spend hours and hours on perfecting a disguise. Hour/roll and a threshold of 16 for a elf male to pass as an female orc and you need a disguise "toolkit" or something.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:50 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.