IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Firearms & Cyberhand- how many dice from AGI?, High time is no time for deciding if I should find a helping hand
TeaTime
post Oct 20 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,819

One of the installs during the appointment at the clinic was a cyberhand, with a cranked-up Agility of 6. Meanwhile, the rest of MrPC moves at an AGI of 3. He’s right handed, and after getting acclimated to his new silvery right cyberhand, it’s time to head to the range for some target shooting…

Here’s what I’m wondering; at what point does the cyberhand’s increased agility become moot when firing ever larger weapons?

A handgun, fired from the cybered right hand would reasonably use the cyberhand’s 6 AGI.
Ditto for the Ingram Smartung X SMG...
But what about the heavier stuff, like a AK-97 Assault Rifle?
Walther MA-2100 Sniper?
Ingram White Knight?
Panther XXL Assault Cannon?
Aztechnology Striker LAW?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Oct 20 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

QUOTE (TeaTime @ Oct 19 2008, 10:26 PM) *
One of the installs during the appointment at the clinic was a cyberhand, with a cranked-up Agility of 6. Meanwhile, the rest of MrPC moves at an AGI of 3. He’s right handed, and after getting acclimated to his new silvery right cyberhand, it’s time to head to the range for some target shooting…

Here’s what I’m wondering; at what point does the cyberhand’s increased agility become moot when firing ever larger weapons?

A handgun, fired from the cybered right hand would reasonably use the cyberhand’s 6 AGI.
Ditto for the Ingram Smartung X SMG...
But what about the heavier stuff, like a AK-97 Assault Rifle?
Walther MA-2100 Sniper?
Ingram White Knight?
Panther XXL Assault Cannon?
Aztechnology Striker LAW?

I would say that anything that used two hands is right out. Heck, I am even thinking that since the hand is connected to a flesh arm that you wouldn't get the full agility of the hand (if at all) even if you're only firing a pistol.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Oct 20 2008, 05:06 AM
Post #3

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Oct 19 2008, 07:35 PM) *
I would say that anything that used two hands is right out. Heck, I am even thinking that since the hand is connected to a flesh arm that you wouldn't get the full agility of the hand (if at all) even if you're only firing a pistol.

Then where would he get it? There's got to be some benefit for getting a Quickness 6 cyberhand.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Oct 20 2008, 05:40 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

Average the two attributes, the cyberhand of 6 with the natural bodys 3 and use the new attribute of 4, least thats how I'd do it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

When using anything that takes more than that arm, its negligible.

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Oct 20 2008, 06:39 AM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

QUOTE (Cain @ Oct 20 2008, 01:06 AM) *
Then where would he get it? There's got to be some benefit for getting a Quickness 6 cyberhand.

Hitting keys on a keypad or typing on a keyboard. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

IMO, the rest of the arm just can't keep up with the speed of the hand.

+Quote Post
WeaverMount
post Oct 20 2008, 07:32 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 12,309

QUOTE (Cain @ Oct 20 2008, 12:06 AM) *

You roots are showing old timer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Not much that happens on stage in a shadowrun game. I'd say anything that relies on manipulation from fingers would get the 6. Painting, tuning, etching, writing etc. Those kinds of fine manipulation would get to use just the stat in the hand.

+Quote Post
Medicineman
post Oct 20 2008, 07:55 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,015

QUOTE (Squinky @ Oct 20 2008, 01:40 AM) *
Average the two attributes, the cyberhand of 6 with the natural bodys 3 and use the new attribute of 4, least thats how I'd do it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

When using anything that takes more than that arm, its negligible.

And thats exactly what the Rules say
Everything that can be used with 1 Hand uses the AGI of 6, ev. Twohanded (Assaultrifles,Panthercannon,even SMGs that he uses 2handed) average the two attributes and since its only the Hand and not the entire Arm I would round down instead of rounding up

with an average Dance
Medicineman

+Quote Post
Blade
post Oct 20 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #8

Runner

Member No.: 9,466

If you want to get a hand that's good at shooting stuff, the best way is to consider it as a hand turret. Load up a pilot with all the software you need, and let it do the shooting for you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:28 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.