Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Firearms & Cyberhand- how many dice from AGI?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TeaTime
One of the installs during the appointment at the clinic was a cyberhand, with a cranked-up Agility of 6. Meanwhile, the rest of MrPC moves at an AGI of 3. He’s right handed, and after getting acclimated to his new silvery right cyberhand, it’s time to head to the range for some target shooting…

Here’s what I’m wondering; at what point does the cyberhand’s increased agility become moot when firing ever larger weapons?

A handgun, fired from the cybered right hand would reasonably use the cyberhand’s 6 AGI.
Ditto for the Ingram Smartung X SMG...
But what about the heavier stuff, like a AK-97 Assault Rifle?
Walther MA-2100 Sniper?
Ingram White Knight?
Panther XXL Assault Cannon?
Aztechnology Striker LAW?
KCKitsune
QUOTE (TeaTime @ Oct 19 2008, 10:26 PM) *
One of the installs during the appointment at the clinic was a cyberhand, with a cranked-up Agility of 6. Meanwhile, the rest of MrPC moves at an AGI of 3. He’s right handed, and after getting acclimated to his new silvery right cyberhand, it’s time to head to the range for some target shooting…

Here’s what I’m wondering; at what point does the cyberhand’s increased agility become moot when firing ever larger weapons?

A handgun, fired from the cybered right hand would reasonably use the cyberhand’s 6 AGI.
Ditto for the Ingram Smartung X SMG...
But what about the heavier stuff, like a AK-97 Assault Rifle?
Walther MA-2100 Sniper?
Ingram White Knight?
Panther XXL Assault Cannon?
Aztechnology Striker LAW?

I would say that anything that used two hands is right out. Heck, I am even thinking that since the hand is connected to a flesh arm that you wouldn't get the full agility of the hand (if at all) even if you're only firing a pistol.
Cain
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Oct 19 2008, 07:35 PM) *
I would say that anything that used two hands is right out. Heck, I am even thinking that since the hand is connected to a flesh arm that you wouldn't get the full agility of the hand (if at all) even if you're only firing a pistol.

Then where would he get it? There's got to be some benefit for getting a Quickness 6 cyberhand.
Squinky
Average the two attributes, the cyberhand of 6 with the natural bodys 3 and use the new attribute of 4, least thats how I'd do it smile.gif

When using anything that takes more than that arm, its negligible.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Cain @ Oct 20 2008, 01:06 AM) *
Then where would he get it? There's got to be some benefit for getting a Quickness 6 cyberhand.

Hitting keys on a keypad or typing on a keyboard. wobble.gif

IMO, the rest of the arm just can't keep up with the speed of the hand.
WeaverMount
QUOTE (Cain @ Oct 20 2008, 12:06 AM) *

You roots are showing old timer wink.gif

Not much that happens on stage in a shadowrun game. I'd say anything that relies on manipulation from fingers would get the 6. Painting, tuning, etching, writing etc. Those kinds of fine manipulation would get to use just the stat in the hand.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Squinky @ Oct 20 2008, 01:40 AM) *
Average the two attributes, the cyberhand of 6 with the natural bodys 3 and use the new attribute of 4, least thats how I'd do it smile.gif

When using anything that takes more than that arm, its negligible.

And thats exactly what the Rules say
Everything that can be used with 1 Hand uses the AGI of 6, ev. Twohanded (Assaultrifles,Panthercannon,even SMGs that he uses 2handed) average the two attributes and since its only the Hand and not the entire Arm I would round down instead of rounding up

with an average Dance
Medicineman
Blade
If you want to get a hand that's good at shooting stuff, the best way is to consider it as a hand turret. Load up a pilot with all the software you need, and let it do the shooting for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012