IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roman Catholic Church in Shadowrun, How is it portrayed?
Nargrakhan
post Dec 27 2003, 02:39 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,250

I was working on an anime inspired archetype for Shadowrun ( shameless plug: http://www.elizar.com/fanworks/ci.htm ), and wondered if there was any official information and/or good “fanfluff” about the Roman Catholic Church in Shadowrun?

To be honest, I’ve always thought the anime portrayal of the Church in series like Hellsing and Tsukihime would be a perfect fit.

I'd be interested in making such a "fan sourcebook" if nothing is around on this (rather cool) subject.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Dec 27 2003, 02:41 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,677

QUOTE (Nargrakhan)
I was working on an anime inspired archetype for Shadowrun ( shameless plug: http://www.elizar.com/fanworks/ci.htm ), and wondered if there was any official information and/or good “fanfluff” about the Roman Catholic Church in Shadowrun?

To be honest, I’ve always thought the anime portrayal of the Church in series like Hellsing and Tsukihime would be a perfect fit.

I'd be interested in making such a "fan sourcebook" if nothing is around on this (rather cool) subject.

Badaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass...

+Quote Post
GunnerJ
post Dec 27 2003, 02:45 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,634

Threats 2 has info on a secret order of the Catholic Church. What were they called again?

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Dec 27 2003, 02:50 AM
Post #4

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

Threats 2 has something on what is called The Order of the Temple, also known as the reborn Templars.

They are based in the Vatican State (Not City. Italy was broken up in the Euro-Wars and the Pope and his crew (Catholics) took up everything but Tuscany) and have four major sections, each belonging to a specific saint and Elemental type.

Yes, Elemental.

I'm not going to go into all the details because that would just mean you wouldn't have to buy Threats 2. So if you want more, either talk to somebody who is more loose of the tongue than I, or buy the book.

+Quote Post
Pthgar
post Dec 27 2003, 06:05 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,642

There is the order of St. Sylvester. The Sylvestrians are Preists who investigate magic and miricles for the Church. I don't know of any sourcebooks with info on them, but one of them was in the second shadow run novel, Choose Your Enemies Carefully.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Dec 27 2003, 06:18 AM
Post #6

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

There's a mention of them in MiTS.

+Quote Post
Eindrachen
post Dec 27 2003, 06:32 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 5,802

MitS, Threats 2, and SSG give you a decent idea how the Catholic Church is dealt with, both the secret stuff and day-to-day life.

+Quote Post
Finbar
post Dec 27 2003, 07:08 AM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 2,417

Lets not forget the book Black Madonna, which points out that the Catholic Church, is a nuclear power...

+Quote Post
Munchkinslayer
post Dec 27 2003, 07:28 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,702

A group of highly organized cyber-augmented pedophiles with the bomb. Scary.

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Dec 27 2003, 07:29 AM
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

QUOTE (Munchkinslayer)
A group of highly organized cyber-augmented pedophiles with the bomb. Scary.

That's nothing. You should see the UCAS public school teachers' union.

+Quote Post
Nargrakhan
post Dec 27 2003, 11:39 AM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 4,250

Thanks for the info guys: I really do appreciate it.

I’m ordering those suggested sourcebooks as I write this. It sounds as if I’ll really be impressed by the info within, and if I’m not, I can use them as a baseline for a “fan sourcebook.”

Oh yeah… and to the dude who PM’ed me and said the archetype is a tad on the munchkin side: in most anime (which its based from), agents of the Catholic Church are really badass. Besides, you don't have to let your players be one; but no one says you can't let them tackle on one. :D

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Dec 27 2003, 01:31 PM
Post #12

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Finbar)
Lets not forget the book Black Madonna, which points out that the Catholic Church, is a nuclear power...

They're not.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Nath
post Dec 27 2003, 01:45 PM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

And as I add each time, there's an ex-SAS and a UK Foreign Affairs responsible who can believe the Vatican has nukes and inter-continental vector (well, the last time that issue was brought up, Foreign Affair had a better reputation concerning foreign arsenal assessment than lately). Then, Black Madonna is only a novel...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.