Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roman Catholic Church in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nargrakhan
I was working on an anime inspired archetype for Shadowrun ( shameless plug: http://www.elizar.com/fanworks/ci.htm ), and wondered if there was any official information and/or good “fanfluff” about the Roman Catholic Church in Shadowrun?

To be honest, I’ve always thought the anime portrayal of the Church in series like Hellsing and Tsukihime would be a perfect fit.

I'd be interested in making such a "fan sourcebook" if nothing is around on this (rather cool) subject.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Nargrakhan)
I was working on an anime inspired archetype for Shadowrun ( shameless plug: http://www.elizar.com/fanworks/ci.htm ), and wondered if there was any official information and/or good “fanfluff” about the Roman Catholic Church in Shadowrun?

To be honest, I’ve always thought the anime portrayal of the Church in series like Hellsing and Tsukihime would be a perfect fit.

I'd be interested in making such a "fan sourcebook" if nothing is around on this (rather cool) subject.

Badaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass...
GunnerJ
Threats 2 has info on a secret order of the Catholic Church. What were they called again?
Tanka
Threats 2 has something on what is called The Order of the Temple, also known as the reborn Templars.

They are based in the Vatican State (Not City. Italy was broken up in the Euro-Wars and the Pope and his crew (Catholics) took up everything but Tuscany) and have four major sections, each belonging to a specific saint and Elemental type.

Yes, Elemental.

I'm not going to go into all the details because that would just mean you wouldn't have to buy Threats 2. So if you want more, either talk to somebody who is more loose of the tongue than I, or buy the book.
Pthgar
There is the order of St. Sylvester. The Sylvestrians are Preists who investigate magic and miricles for the Church. I don't know of any sourcebooks with info on them, but one of them was in the second shadow run novel, Choose Your Enemies Carefully.
toturi
There's a mention of them in MiTS.
Eindrachen
MitS, Threats 2, and SSG give you a decent idea how the Catholic Church is dealt with, both the secret stuff and day-to-day life.
Finbar
Lets not forget the book Black Madonna, which points out that the Catholic Church, is a nuclear power...
Munchkinslayer
A group of highly organized cyber-augmented pedophiles with the bomb. Scary.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Munchkinslayer)
A group of highly organized cyber-augmented pedophiles with the bomb. Scary.

That's nothing. You should see the UCAS public school teachers' union.
Nargrakhan
Thanks for the info guys: I really do appreciate it.

I’m ordering those suggested sourcebooks as I write this. It sounds as if I’ll really be impressed by the info within, and if I’m not, I can use them as a baseline for a “fan sourcebook.”

Oh yeah… and to the dude who PM’ed me and said the archetype is a tad on the munchkin side: in most anime (which its based from), agents of the Catholic Church are really badass. Besides, you don't have to let your players be one; but no one says you can't let them tackle on one. biggrin.gif
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Finbar)
Lets not forget the book Black Madonna, which points out that the Catholic Church, is a nuclear power...

They're not.

[ Spoiler ]
Nath
And as I add each time, there's an ex-SAS and a UK Foreign Affairs responsible who can believe the Vatican has nukes and inter-continental vector (well, the last time that issue was brought up, Foreign Affair had a better reputation concerning foreign arsenal assessment than lately). Then, Black Madonna is only a novel...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012