Let's keep things standard, but loose. Start each post with
Character Name
<<Somethingsday, Month XX, 20XX/HH:MM:SS>>
(color #FFA500)

Description is your regular text
Bold names
Italicize or spoiler tag IC thought.
[Matrix communications in brackets]
(Subvocalized communication in parenthesis)
"Quotes around spoken text"
<JP> use country codes for language spoken. Place at the beginning of anything that would language excepting Japanese, which is the default.

You are free to dictate your surroundings to a certain degree, non-important npcs, flatmates and flavor are all open to you.

Dice rolls I'll let you handle, give me the results in the order they're rolled (select a standard method for deciding this if you use physical dice) and enter them with a number of successes to the side. Say you're rolling etiquette(street) with a charisma of 3 and 2(4) for your skill.

Example:
Etiquette(street)
5234623 = 2 hits

I'll add/subract dice afterward as necessary. If you have no dice, let me know, There are die rollers online, I'll dig up a link.

If there's any circumstance you don't want a roll revealed to other players under, spoiler tag it, or PM me with it, For whispered messages, hidden actions, and anything that shouldn't be general knowledge, there are spoiler tags. Spoiler tags for other players (in their posts, or directed to them in mine) are off limits. If you really want secrecy on something, then use PM and send me copies so I can roll with it. By extension, please give appropriate description for things that would be openly seen while doing this in the open post.

Don't stress too much for the first part, it'll be pretty light and simple, and my main intent with the opening act is to give us a chance to get used to this, and make any changes necessary.

If you need to take an absence, that's cool, designate someone to control your character (even me) and give them what they need to handle things at least semi-well.

Have any suggestions? Bring them up. Complaints? Bring them too. I'm always willing to try to reason things out, as long as it doesn't slow the whole thing down.

Characters are standard 400BP.
The focus is on stealth.
Japanese language is an absolute must, native or not, linguasoft it, whatever you do, get it.
Have Character 'sheets' in this thread in spoiler tags by Monday please.
The more I have about them, the better sub-plot I can write for them.
No prepaid months of rent.

Setting: Japan, western honshu, the Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe Sprawl (Shortened to Keihanshin when said or written) The Japanese government and Imperial court both exist here. Corporations and the Imperials all vie for control of the Diet using whatever means they can, you'd be used to doing 'work' for politicians. The year is Seiji (正冶) 11, and is 2071 by western reckoning. (The literal meaning is 'Righteous Rule') The era name designates the Emperor of the time. People who revere the Emperor will commonly refer to the year by it's era designation rather than western. I'll always translate things if I put them in Japanese, and there will always be a specific purpose for using it. Feel free to ask any questions relevant if you want your character to do anything like this. I'll keep it minimal to avoid confusion. A date here or there, maybe a particular word or a note about an NPCs speech style, this is how I'd suggest approaching it if you wanted to do this yourself.

Lifestyle: I intend to keep my nose out of yours unless it's important. Flavor it and play it I can use the Runner's Companion to create a custom lifestyle if you need that. Give me a budget and what the character would prioritize in their search.

Should you want to bring a character to this campaign and have not already been invited, PM me, applications are tentatively open.

More as I think of it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post Oct 29 2008, 06:44 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,336

Current Status:

Isako Matrix Status: AR
Healthy

Isoro Yamanuchi
Healthy

Kit Astral Status:
Healthy
Sustained Spells -

Aldan Penrice Astral Status: None
Headache (1S damage)
Sustained Spells -

+Quote Post
TakayamaYuuko
post Oct 30 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,546

Isako
Born as SINner: Takayama Yuuko

Character Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Very glad this game is at last getting under way. Java already has all my background fiction.

Trying to get some images uploaded so that other players can see them, so far no success.

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post Oct 30 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Thanks Yuuko,
Yeah, I'll answer questions about setting and everything related to this campaign here now, nice central location.

+Quote Post
TakayamaYuuko
post Nov 4 2008, 02:49 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Well, it's Monday...

Time to widen up recruitment a little, perhaps?

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post Nov 4 2008, 06:45 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Standard procedure, 'by *suchandsuch* date/time' will always be missed. We'll be up and running soon, most players have been in touch with me personally.

+Quote Post
TakayamaYuuko
post Nov 4 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Going to try linking my sketches here.

http://boards.jp/albums/yokoburi/Yuuko002....ageViewsIndex=1

http://boards.jp/albums/yokoburi/Yuuko004....ageViewsIndex=1

http://boards.jp/albums/yokoburi/Yuuko005....ageViewsIndex=1

If you can't see them, try selecting the full-size version.

+Quote Post
systematicdemise
post Nov 4 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 16,554

Alright I'm here Jya! Let me know what you need for me and what other info you need.
-Araceil

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post Dec 4 2008, 01:01 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Okay, enough getting sidetracked by WoW.
This is being posted from work so it'll be short by necessity.

So far I have 'Isako' and 'Toorop', Working on Araceil and Shakkel's characters, Shakkel will be later as he wants a more active role in designing the vehicles. Looks like I may open up lines a bit as 'Des' is not coming, at least yet.

-JL

+Quote Post
Kerris
post Dec 4 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,360

I don't mean to butt in, but I saw the new thread. There wouldn't happen to be an open spot in this game, would there? That last post makes it look like you have 4 to 5 players, so no biggie if there's not a slot, but do let me know if there is.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Dec 4 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #11

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,180

I spent all morning trying to figure out if this was a new thread, or if I had just somehow missed it for the last month. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Edit: and by all morning, I meant, for a few minutes this morning, while eating my breakfast. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) But still.

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post Dec 5 2008, 01:44 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Heh, well, I did let this topic lay for an entire month. Big plans, didn't go through with them in a timescale I wanted to.

As far as recruitment, I'm running this as closed for the first scenario, but I plan to open things up a bit after I get a feel for running a PbP game. Creation is as the first post.

+Quote Post
Kerris
post Dec 5 2008, 05:00 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,360

Sounds good, thanks for the info (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post Dec 15 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

the extra materials I decided to make for this are... perhaps too much... I will shunt most of them to the side in an effort to expedite this.. no need to create an entire sourcebook, yeah?

+Quote Post
TakayamaYuuko
post Dec 25 2008, 05:24 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Just a practice post.

Isako
24 December 2070, 22:46:00 hours

On a thoroughfare near Shin-Osaka Station, people are still coming and going. Late-night shoppers pass out of storefronts. Blind, young, idealistic couples loiter on the bridge, lost in their delusions. A few drunks are already clogging up the sidewalks.

Isako passes the square in the shadows, her guitar case slung across her back. The studio practices with Ichi's band have been going well and he thinks they'll be starting live sets within a few weeks.

A tug like a spasming muscle plays at the side of her face; there's a message in her commlink. It's a forward from Ichi, an assignment for a small hack job. Open a little hole in a Shiawase server, probably to give a hand-up to another team at best shaky on the technical side. Whatever. Nuyen to keep the body functioning till the first gig. And hopefully a little more...

She passes another digital scent of peppermint candy. Underneath a damp, metallic tang lingers. The trail is acquired. And maybe in tonight's little job she'll find herself a present, a clue or a key that takes her one more step toward those long-sought realms. In a moment she passes on into the fog, away from the lights and into the shadows bearing gifts of her own.

Merry Christmas, Shiawase.

[Now playing: "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
As performed by DOKKEN]

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post Dec 26 2008, 05:11 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

That's perfect, Yuuko. Anyhow, finishing up some touches on a PC's sheet, then I'm ready to start.

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post Dec 29 2008, 06:38 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

And then family came to town.

+Quote Post
TakayamaYuuko
post Dec 31 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Ok, now I'll try an OOC practice post.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post Jan 1 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

I don't want you to arrange them low-high or high to low, I'll be taking dice off the end and adding them to the end for modifiers, otherwise, great

+Quote Post
TakayamaYuuko
post Jan 1 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Modifiers? Eek! I'll try to not obviously front-load my successes...

EDIT: say... 525556153 = 6 <- top to bottom, left to right in the bowl

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post May 20 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

Where'd the time go? okay, writing the initial posting.

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post May 20 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

Posted, not such an illustrious start as others have had, perhaps...

To clarify, instead of something cars would pass through and you'd occasionally brush against somebody (for the normal) the entire street is so full of people that it's impossible to move without bumping into someone.

+Quote Post
tarbrush
post May 21 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,883

Hi there, so it seems that you guys have openings?

Are you looking for any archetypes in particular, or is it a come as you are affair?

+Quote Post
JavaLamp
post May 21 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

I consider it a 'come as you are' type thing, though for this campaign I'd prefer a stealth orientation as stated above. If a team is short on something, I usually tailor encounters for the grouip, so it shouldn't be an issue

+Quote Post
tarbrush
post May 21 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,883

Cool. I should hopefully have something for your perusal tomorrow. I don't quite know what yet though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

EDIT OK, may have been lying about tomorrow. Soon, though, soon.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:40 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.