Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nadja Daviar, Who the hell -is- she?
Custodius
post Nov 11 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,579

Nadja Daviar; Eastern European Elf with no history. Raised in an orphanage, missing from 16 to 21, shows up as a patron of the arts with wealth she cant or won't explain. Suddenly thrust in to the role of Dunk's best friend. Left the bulk of his estate. Chairmanship of the Draco Foundation and VP of the United Canadian and American States. When Haeffner is killed in 64, she, despite being entitled to the Presidency, disappears. Entirely. She's the richest woman in the world, set to be the most -powerful- woman in the world. And she yet, she ghosts.

Who was this woman? Any details at all?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Nov 11 2008, 07:30 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

She is a dangling plot hook for SR writers to pick up sometime.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Nov 11 2008, 08:22 PM
Post #3

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

QUOTE (Custodius @ Nov 11 2008, 09:14 PM) *
And she yet, she ghosts.

Given that the new New Revolution tried to had her killed, this isn't that surprising.

+Quote Post
Uli
post Nov 11 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,291

What revolution? What assassination attempt?

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Nov 11 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #5

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

I think her nipples have some sort of magical power.

Other than that, its a mystery. I assume that she vanished because she didn't want to suffer an untimely case of fatal lead poisoning during the coup, but it is possible that she was killed and her body was dumped somewhere that it is unlikely to be found.

All we really know is that Dunkie trusted her, or had some control over her. She might be a True Drake or a free spirit in metahuman form, she might be an IE who is on amazingly good terms with him, or she might just be a girl he met in Eastern Europe whom he took a fancy to.

And, of course, she might have been behind the NR coup as part of Dunkie's plan, or she might have been behind it to derail Dunkie's plan or Dunkie may have been behind it without her knowledge because he wanted to get rid of her spectacularly from beyond the grave.

+Quote Post
the_real_elwood
post Nov 11 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,349

Wait, when did she disappear? Did she never turn up after the NR coup, or did she bail after that. And about the NR coup, it sounded an awful lot like whoever rescued Haeffner put in the order to kill him and not the NR folk.

But aside from the obvious (that's already been stated) that she's just another SR plot hook, I don't really think she's an immortal elf, just someone who got in close with the big D, and is consequently powerful on the level of the head of a major megacorp.

+Quote Post
raggedhalo
post Nov 11 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,515

I thought Colloton gave the order to kill Haeffner. I also thought that Colloton's forces had "secured" Daviar...

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Nov 11 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #8

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Nov 11 2008, 09:22 PM) *
Given that the new New Revolution tried to had her killed, this isn't that surprising.

It's all in System Failure.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Nov 11 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #9

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Nov 11 2008, 10:44 PM) *
Wait, when did she disappear? Did she never turn up after the NR coup, or did she bail after that. And about the NR coup, it sounded an awful lot like whoever rescued Haeffner put in the order to kill him and not the NR folk.

No news of her since her disapperance.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Nov 11 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #10

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

Apparently she has "luscious gams". And that's always a system password.

+Quote Post
martindv
post Nov 11 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,611

QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Nov 11 2008, 05:39 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Explain.

As Haeffner comes out of a daze, he recalls that she was in Seattle for the campaign (and the Secretary of Agriculture was locked in an elevator, and the Secretary of Defense was missing while State was out of the country). There is a reference to a failed assassination attempt in one of the timelines in System Failure.

After that she disappeared like Keyser Soze.

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Nov 12 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,508

Some people *cough AH cough* think Davier may reappear sometime with a cute little baby drake sitting on her shoulder... maybe she just thought a major coup was a good time to start her maternity leave?

As for the references to Davier's feminine appeal... that probably refers back to the Dragon Heart series where Mercury spends much of his time (when he isn't avoiding certain death) thinking about getting his girlfriend - Davier - naked and happy.

+Quote Post
martindv
post Nov 12 2008, 01:18 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Funny. I had the exact same thought.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 12 2008, 02:04 AM
Post #14

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

What? About getting Daviar naked and happy?

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Nov 12 2008, 02:34 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,508

QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 11 2008, 10:04 PM) *

Men. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Nov 12 2008, 02:51 AM
Post #16

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Nov 11 2008, 05:39 PM) *

And apparently it's canonical that they're dark in color. They are by no means pink, red, coral, or the same color as the rest of the breast.

+Quote Post
Custodius
post Nov 12 2008, 03:00 AM
Post #17

Target

Mmmm...

Dark, Conspiratorial Elven Nipples....

Just like mom used to make!

+Quote Post
the_real_elwood
post Nov 12 2008, 03:04 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,349

QUOTE (raggedhalo @ Nov 11 2008, 03:57 PM) *
I thought Colloton gave the order to kill Haeffner. I also thought that Colloton's forces had "secured" Daviar...

From reading System Failure, that's what it sounded like to me. But it's not really clear exactly what happened. But if it were Colloton, I doubt she got to Nadja. I'd imagine that she escaped and made herself scarce in the wake of the attempted coup.

+Quote Post
Sir_Psycho
post Nov 12 2008, 07:09 AM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,361

"Nadja Daviar has luscious gams." She sounds like a classy lady.

Is she human or an elf?

+Quote Post
Custodius
post Nov 12 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #20

Target

Elf.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Nov 12 2008, 07:50 AM
Post #21

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Nov 12 2008, 03:34 AM) *

Semper paratis...

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Nov 12 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,537

Nadja Daviar has always been a mistery, she disapeared once and turned out rich and basicaly without a past, has been a pretty extension of the most powerfull (and thankfully friendliest toward metahumanity) of the dragons, at the time of his death she inherited almost everything becoming the richest and most powerfull woman in the world (and it seems she didn't plan or wish for it), has been VP of the UCAS twice (I wonder how many people voted Haeffner just because he had her as VP), than disappeared without leaving trace during the coup.

I liked her as character, a softspoken lady that keeps in line just about everyone with velvet gloves, maybe it's just that I male and Nadja was created to be any man's forbidden dream but I REALY wish she made it, even if I'm sure the Draco Fondation can do just fine with Aina's guidance; we have lost the Big D, we have lost Haeffner (and probably we have lost everyone favourite ghost in the machine: Alice), losing Nadja too would be hearth breaking, even if I can untherstand that the 4th edition is meant to be more street level there's no reason to slay her, there were rumors that she intended to drop politics to dedicate all hers time to the Draco Fondation (and maybe having a bit more free time for herself), she can be alive without making her the center of SR-verse.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Nov 12 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #23

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

if she comes back, she may have to do so under a different name. i'm not 100% familiar with UCAS law, mind you, but i would hazard a guess that it is frowned upon for the vice president to disappear rather than, say, doing their job of leading the country when the president dies. just a thought (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

that said, while shadowrun is trying to focus on the street level campaign, that doesn't mean that the high level stuff isn't there. i mean, just because your shadowrunning team is busy breaking into a lone star facility to get a new drug for a black clinic in the barrens doesn't mean that AIs aren't threatening to drop biological warfare agents on the world, or that lofwyr isn't constantly plotting and scheming to keep his position as loremaster, etc. it just means that the player characters aren't the ones doing all the high level stuff.

so nadja daviar coming back is not really related to the game being at the street level or not... it just means that the player characters aren't likely to be in any canon runs designed to reinstate her as VP or anything like that =P

+Quote Post
martindv
post Nov 12 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 11 2008, 10:04 PM) *

AH's idea.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 13 2008, 12:24 AM
Post #25

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

So, now it's Ancient History's idea to get Daviar naked and happy, eh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:50 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.