Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nadja Daviar
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Custodius
Nadja Daviar; Eastern European Elf with no history. Raised in an orphanage, missing from 16 to 21, shows up as a patron of the arts with wealth she cant or won't explain. Suddenly thrust in to the role of Dunk's best friend. Left the bulk of his estate. Chairmanship of the Draco Foundation and VP of the United Canadian and American States. When Haeffner is killed in 64, she, despite being entitled to the Presidency, disappears. Entirely. She's the richest woman in the world, set to be the most -powerful- woman in the world. And she yet, she ghosts.

Who was this woman? Any details at all?
Malachi
She is a dangling plot hook for SR writers to pick up sometime.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Custodius @ Nov 11 2008, 09:14 PM) *
And she yet, she ghosts.

Given that the new New Revolution tried to had her killed, this isn't that surprising.
Uli
What revolution? What assassination attempt?
hyzmarca
I think her nipples have some sort of magical power.

Other than that, its a mystery. I assume that she vanished because she didn't want to suffer an untimely case of fatal lead poisoning during the coup, but it is possible that she was killed and her body was dumped somewhere that it is unlikely to be found.

All we really know is that Dunkie trusted her, or had some control over her. She might be a True Drake or a free spirit in metahuman form, she might be an IE who is on amazingly good terms with him, or she might just be a girl he met in Eastern Europe whom he took a fancy to.

And, of course, she might have been behind the NR coup as part of Dunkie's plan, or she might have been behind it to derail Dunkie's plan or Dunkie may have been behind it without her knowledge because he wanted to get rid of her spectacularly from beyond the grave.
the_real_elwood
Wait, when did she disappear? Did she never turn up after the NR coup, or did she bail after that. And about the NR coup, it sounded an awful lot like whoever rescued Haeffner put in the order to kill him and not the NR folk.

But aside from the obvious (that's already been stated) that she's just another SR plot hook, I don't really think she's an immortal elf, just someone who got in close with the big D, and is consequently powerful on the level of the head of a major megacorp.
raggedhalo
I thought Colloton gave the order to kill Haeffner. I also thought that Colloton's forces had "secured" Daviar...
Grinder
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Nov 11 2008, 09:22 PM) *
Given that the new New Revolution tried to had her killed, this isn't that surprising.

It's all in System Failure.
Grinder
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Nov 11 2008, 10:44 PM) *
Wait, when did she disappear? Did she never turn up after the NR coup, or did she bail after that. And about the NR coup, it sounded an awful lot like whoever rescued Haeffner put in the order to kill him and not the NR folk.

No news of her since her disapperance.
Wounded Ronin
Apparently she has "luscious gams". And that's always a system password.
martindv
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Nov 11 2008, 05:39 PM) *

nyahnyah.gif

Explain.

As Haeffner comes out of a daze, he recalls that she was in Seattle for the campaign (and the Secretary of Agriculture was locked in an elevator, and the Secretary of Defense was missing while State was out of the country). There is a reference to a failed assassination attempt in one of the timelines in System Failure.

After that she disappeared like Keyser Soze.
Tiger Eyes
Some people *cough AH cough* think Davier may reappear sometime with a cute little baby drake sitting on her shoulder... maybe she just thought a major coup was a good time to start her maternity leave?

As for the references to Davier's feminine appeal... that probably refers back to the Dragon Heart series where Mercury spends much of his time (when he isn't avoiding certain death) thinking about getting his girlfriend - Davier - naked and happy.
martindv
Funny. I had the exact same thought.
Fortune
What? About getting Daviar naked and happy?
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 11 2008, 10:04 PM) *

Men. nyahnyah.gif
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Nov 11 2008, 05:39 PM) *

And apparently it's canonical that they're dark in color. They are by no means pink, red, coral, or the same color as the rest of the breast.
Custodius
Mmmm...

Dark, Conspiratorial Elven Nipples....

Just like mom used to make!

the_real_elwood
QUOTE (raggedhalo @ Nov 11 2008, 03:57 PM) *
I thought Colloton gave the order to kill Haeffner. I also thought that Colloton's forces had "secured" Daviar...

From reading System Failure, that's what it sounded like to me. But it's not really clear exactly what happened. But if it were Colloton, I doubt she got to Nadja. I'd imagine that she escaped and made herself scarce in the wake of the attempted coup.
Sir_Psycho
"Nadja Daviar has luscious gams." She sounds like a classy lady.

Is she human or an elf?
Custodius
Elf.
Ryu
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Nov 12 2008, 03:34 AM) *
Men. nyahnyah.gif

Semper paratis...
AllTheNothing
Nadja Daviar has always been a mistery, she disapeared once and turned out rich and basicaly without a past, has been a pretty extension of the most powerfull (and thankfully friendliest toward metahumanity) of the dragons, at the time of his death she inherited almost everything becoming the richest and most powerfull woman in the world (and it seems she didn't plan or wish for it), has been VP of the UCAS twice (I wonder how many people voted Haeffner just because he had her as VP), than disappeared without leaving trace during the coup.

I liked her as character, a softspoken lady that keeps in line just about everyone with velvet gloves, maybe it's just that I male and Nadja was created to be any man's forbidden dream but I REALY wish she made it, even if I'm sure the Draco Fondation can do just fine with Aina's guidance; we have lost the Big D, we have lost Haeffner (and probably we have lost everyone favourite ghost in the machine: Alice), losing Nadja too would be hearth breaking, even if I can untherstand that the 4th edition is meant to be more street level there's no reason to slay her, there were rumors that she intended to drop politics to dedicate all hers time to the Draco Fondation (and maybe having a bit more free time for herself), she can be alive without making her the center of SR-verse.
Jaid
if she comes back, she may have to do so under a different name. i'm not 100% familiar with UCAS law, mind you, but i would hazard a guess that it is frowned upon for the vice president to disappear rather than, say, doing their job of leading the country when the president dies. just a thought wink.gif

that said, while shadowrun is trying to focus on the street level campaign, that doesn't mean that the high level stuff isn't there. i mean, just because your shadowrunning team is busy breaking into a lone star facility to get a new drug for a black clinic in the barrens doesn't mean that AIs aren't threatening to drop biological warfare agents on the world, or that lofwyr isn't constantly plotting and scheming to keep his position as loremaster, etc. it just means that the player characters aren't the ones doing all the high level stuff.

so nadja daviar coming back is not really related to the game being at the street level or not... it just means that the player characters aren't likely to be in any canon runs designed to reinstate her as VP or anything like that =P
martindv
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 11 2008, 10:04 PM) *

AH's idea.
Fortune
So, now it's Ancient History's idea to get Daviar naked and happy, eh? wink.gif biggrin.gif
Nath
QUOTE (raggedhalo @ Nov 11 2008, 10:57 PM) *
I thought Colloton gave the order to kill Haeffner.

That may have been the author's intention, but it does not fit completely with what's written. General Colloton is making her press conference live at the exact time the soldiers receive the order to kill Haeffner. Well, she might have been issuing the order through a datajack with a transducer, but there's more, putting all the events into order.

It seems that Colloton press conference and what she says is the reason to switch from plan A (rescue the president) to plan B (kill him). Had the decision to kill Haeffner been taken just a few minutes before, it would have make more sense to delay the attack until the kidnappers kill him on their own. That'd made the truth much easier to hide. The soldiers instead prevent them from doing so. If Colloton was to order the kill, she could have issued the order before starting the conference, as she was well aware of the situation she was precisely going to describe. So, to me, the one ordering the kill has no contact with Colloton until the conference is broadcast.

But Colloton may have issued an order to a subordinate to watch the trid and kill Haeffner as soon as she would announce Gene Simone is acting president. That is, they considered Haeffner to be their second best pick if Simone got killed. Considering the order of succession to presidency, the whereabouts and possible return of Vice-President and/or the Speaker of the House could have been as much as Haeffner a threat to Simone and her backers' plan.
hyzmarca
I suspect that Simone was just a puppet, a placeholder until Colloton herself could be elected. The coup was, at its core, a PR stunt meant to boost Colloton's popularity. Killing off the dead wood in the NR was also a bonus, as was taking out Haeffner. We also don't know how long it took for the kill order to work its way down the chain of command. It couldn't go through the usual channels, or else they risks someone who is actually loyal to Truth, Justice, and The American Way overhearing it.
martindv
QUOTE (Nath @ Nov 12 2008, 09:36 PM) *
That may have been the author's intention, but it does not fit completely with what's written. General Colloton is making her press conference live at the exact time the soldiers receive the order to kill Haeffner. Well, she might have been issuing the order through a datajack with a transducer, but there's more, putting all the events into order.

It seems that Colloton press conference and what she says is the reason to switch from plan A (rescue the president) to plan B (kill him).

That speech was so stupid.
martindv
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Nov 11 2008, 07:36 PM) *
Some people *cough AH cough* think Davier may reappear sometime with a cute little baby drake sitting on her shoulder... maybe she just thought a major coup was a good time to start her maternity leave?

Well, at this point the kid could be almost seven years old (stupid elves and their longer pregnancies).

But one of the funniest things about her disappearing was how easy it would be once you neutralize astral tracking. After all, there were tons of references throughout SR3 of women (for sure, and God knows men are just as fucked in the head) getting cosmetic surgery/biosculpting to look like her. There could still be a million (literally? heh smile.gif Nadjas still walking around in 2072.

I had a dream last night about her 20-ish year-old daughter (so clearly not within the existing timeline) being attacked by Aztechnology--who were the good guys as far as everyone was concerned (even in the context of being outside an exploding storefront, but whatever).
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (martindv @ Feb 7 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Well, at this point the kid could be almost seven years old (stupid elves and their longer pregnancies).

But one of the funniest things about her disappearing was how easy it would be once you neutralize astral tracking. After all, there were tons of references throughout SR3 of women (for sure, and God knows men are just as fucked in the head) getting cosmetic surgery/biosculpting to look like her. There could still be a million (literally? heh smile.gif Nadjas still walking around in 2072.

I had a dream last night about her 20-ish year-old daughter (so clearly not within the existing timeline) being attacked by Aztechnology--who were the good guys as far as everyone was concerned (even in the context of being outside an exploding storefront, but whatever).

What this story about Nadja's daughter, I never heard of any daughter.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Custodius @ Nov 11 2008, 08:00 PM) *
Mmmm...
Dark, Conspiratorial Elven Nipples....
Just like mom used to make!

Hmmmm.... this is either a reference to those delicious Austrian pastries, or you have an inordinate interest in your mother. wink.gif
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 7 2009, 04:11 PM) *
Hmmmm.... this is either a reference to those delicious Austrian pastries, or you have an inordinate interest in your mother. wink.gif

Funkmaster Freud in da hooouuusse!
martindv
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Feb 7 2009, 03:56 PM) *
What this story about Nadja's daughter, I never heard of any daughter.

The one I said was "clearly not in the existing timeline" as it would also be at least 13 years post-SR4's current timeframe of 2072.
apollo124
Well, now I guess I've got to get System Failure just to know what the heck you all are talking about.

And if it gets me on good terms with her, I'll take credit for wanting to get Nadja "naked and happy". biggrin.gif
Wounded Ronin
I think we need to establish once and for all her nipple diameter in centimeters.
The Neutronium Alchemist
Nipple diameter? Sounds like we're skirting dangerously close to the game that dare not speak its name.
Zhan Shi
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Feb 9 2009, 07:24 PM) *
I think we need to establish once and for all her nipple diameter in centimeters.

The nipples themselves, or the areolae?

EDIT: as per Caine Hazen's reminder
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Zhan Shi @ Feb 10 2009, 03:44 AM) *
The nipples themselves, or the areolae?

As for Daviar, her term as Vice President, not to mention her duties as Chairwoman of the Draco Foundation, took a great deal out of her. Combine that with an assassination attempt, and she decided that a change of career was in order. After much bio sculpting, she is now working as a contract girl for the AfterDark™ Channel, under the name Maxi Mounds.

An indeed very distastefull joke, chummer.
Wesley Street
Blame The Dragon Heart Saga.
Hagga
QUOTE (The Neutronium Alchemist @ Feb 10 2009, 01:00 AM) *
Nipple diameter? Sounds like we're skirting dangerously close to the game that dare not speak its name.

Yessum, mr Admin. No more FATAL talk.
martindv
You know, the funny thing is that Dunkelzahn didn't give the bulk of his estate to the DF. He created the DF to execute his wishes as it pertained to the publicly-announced gifts in his will and to maintain such things as the various endowments.

The bulk of his estate was given to Nadja Daviar herself. Which may or may not be a big deal until you consider that she has no known next of kin and may or may not have left a will herself. And since it's been several years now, there are undoubtedly a considerable number of people who want her fortune, including the 14% control of Ares Macrotechnology.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (martindv @ Feb 10 2009, 11:38 PM) *
You know, the funny thing is that Dunkelzahn didn't give the bulk of his estate to the DF. He created the DF to execute his wishes as it pertained to the publicly-announced gifts in his will and to maintain such things as the various endowments.

The bulk of his estate was given to Nadja Daviar herself. Which may or may not be a big deal until you consider that she has no known next of kin and may or may not have left a will herself. And since it's been several years now, there are undoubtedly a considerable number of people who want her fortune, including the 14% control of Ares Macrotechnology.

And we have heard nothing about it; it gives me hope, that kind of inheritance would have generated alot of shadowbiz, yet nobody says anything about it: maybe Nadja is alive.
Zhan Shi
I used to think Colloton gave the order to off Haefner. But Daviar hated Knight, and with Haefner gone, he lost a powerful ally. Maybe she had something to do with it? Or maybe Haefner was coming around to Daviar's way of thinking, and Knight arranged a premptive strike.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Zhan Shi @ Feb 11 2009, 12:51 AM) *
I used to think Colloton gave the order to off Haefner. But Daviar hated Knight, and with Haefner gone, he lost a powerful ally. Maybe she had something to do with it? Or maybe Haefner was coming around to Daviar's way of thinking, and Knight arranged a premptive strike.

Highly improbable.
Caine Hazen
Reminder guys: per your ToS
3. No sexually explicit or offensive material. This includes links leading to materials of this nature. DSF is accessed by many people in many different settings, and we want the forum to remain accessible to everyone.

you all are skirting the edges. You are warned (Ok, not all of you, but you know who you are... quit it)
pbangarth
I was wondering when this would come.
AllTheNothing
eek.gif .... 2'000'859 posts!!!!! eek.gif
CH since when are you posting?
Grinder
Don't you tink an admin would be able to modify his post count? wink.gif
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Grinder @ Feb 11 2009, 11:39 AM) *
Don't you tink an admin would be able to modify his post count? wink.gif

Cheater!!!

By the way, I've at higher postcount the titles seem to become ....... "personalized".... how does it come?
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Feb 11 2009, 07:31 AM) *
By the way, I've at higher postcount the titles seem to become ....... "personalized".... how does it come?

When they call for donations, those donate are moved to the group Dumpshocked, and are then allowed to choose a title.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012