Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nadja Daviar
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Grinder
Ah, exceptions from the rule. grinbig.gif
Demonseed Elite
Well, the Dragon council in the Fourth World had a rule against using dragon ritual magic because it was potentially too dangerous, so I doubt they'd encourage the use of Theran loci.

But there was an exception to that rule in Barsaive at War too, so Dragons aren't the best at sticking to their own rules.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Feb 20 2009, 02:13 PM) *
Well, the Dragon council in the Fourth World had a rule against using dragon ritual magic because it was potentially too dangerous, so I doubt they'd encourage the use of Theran loci.

But there was an exception to that rule in Barsaive at War too, so Dragons aren't the best at sticking to their own rules.

Rules are made to be ignored!!! biggrin.gif
martindv
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Feb 17 2009, 08:24 PM) *
CIA agent on the Grassy Knoll

Is still alive

Really did accidentally overdose.

Communists killed her; it's a long story.

Reptoid-hybrid, probably.

Created beer first; was incredibly drunk while making the rest of the universe. Is currently incarnated as an Puertro Rican man.

And, yeah, there is going to be a great deal of controversy around Davier's disappearance. My current hyopthesis is that she delivered a coded message from Dunklezhan to Ghostwalker after escaping the White House. Ghostwalker read the message and informed her "It says that I should eat you". Her remains have not yet been found because GW keeps his poop heavily guarded to deter theft by treasure hunters and talismongers.

You rule.

QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Feb 19 2009, 10:30 AM) *
I thought what happened was that Dunk wanted the Presidency, but something popped up on his radar and he triggered Project: Assassination in response - P: Assassination being a contingency plan he'd thunk up at some point to put a halter on the coming of Horrors.

Also, maybe this is just me being a Dunkie fanboy, but I thought he genuinely wanted the Presidency. It would have advanced a lot of his plans and also lended some credence towards his project of social and racial equality in the Sixth World.

As for your first point, I agree. The first Dragonheart book covered the exact scene where he blows up. When he's talking to Ryan, there is an incredibly overwhelming sense of "this needs to happen NOW!" that neither he nor anyone else could waste any more time except to act away from the ball so only four secret service agents were killed (they knew the risks) instead of everyone at the Watergate.

Second, I also agree with you because that seems to be the intention Steve Kenson was going for throughout and into the will. I asked him about the preface, and specifically the "wake up!" part, and he said that there was a genuine interest in/hope for humanity in his words and deeds at the time.
ravensmuse
I think that's why I'm such a huge Dunkelzahn fan - the dragon was an on the whole good guy. He was a dragon, which meant labyrinthine plots and double backs, but he always seemed so happy to be out and about in humanity. He just wanted to see the best in people, and I'm willing to cut some of the people he associated with slack because he'd seen something good in them.

It makes me think of that quote in his will (paraphrased, obviously) - "Take a moment and examine yourself in the eyes of the world and see where your importance lies. It did wonders for me."

The only other people I can see like that would be Cap'n Chaos and Fastjack, but they're shadowrunners; they're almost as bad as dragons in most respects biggrin.gif
InfinityzeN
Faskjack isn't just a Shadowrunner. He is the almighty, wrath of gawd, "and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my hand upon you, striking you down with furious anger", ever-loving Master of the lil' thing we call the Matrix.
Draco18s
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Feb 23 2009, 11:30 AM) *
I think that's why I'm such a huge Dunkelzahn fan - the dragon was an on the whole good guy. He was a dragon, which meant labyrinthine plots and double backs, but he always seemed so happy to be out and about in humanity. He just wanted to see the best in people, and I'm willing to cut some of the people he associated with slack because he'd seen something good in them.

Big D was awesome. I of course, am biased, and tend to see the good in any flying lizard (Maleficent was just misunderstood!) But I do think that by canon he is in fact a character on the side of "good" and his suicide was just part of a (very intricate) Xanatos Gambit (which by Trope means that it's a Heroic Sacrifice and not My Death is Only the Beginning, but...this is a major NPC and not the player "heroes").

The only other people I can see like that would be Cap'n Chaos and Fastjack, but they're shadowrunners; they're almost as bad as dragons in most respects biggrin.gif

The Cap'n's dead. :'(
InfinityzeN
Ok that is quiet enough crying for a dead lizard and wire head. Back on topic talking about lusty brown elven nipples.
Stahlseele
She'd have great Assets for the Swim-Suit-edition . .
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 23 2009, 08:36 PM) *
The Cap'n's dead. :'(

Only his body, JackBNimble saved him.
Actualy in System Failure he was saved by JackBNimble and did awaken into some kind of data storage, he noticed JBN despite its stealth propgram and chatted with it; the conversation ended with JBN telling him that he was supposed to be unconscious and his being awaken meant that he was defective and therefore he should have been deleted, after that the scene endes with a shell message asking if the file had to be deleted [Y/N]. I think it was in Unwired that it's stated that there are rumors about the Capitain's icon roaming the Matrix.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 23 2009, 10:43 PM) *
She'd have great Assets for the Swim-Suit-edition . .

So say the one that hates elves with a passion....

QFT anyway
Stahlseele
*shrugs*
i hate them, but i can still appreciate beauty . .
and she'd be a great set of assets for the swim-suit-edition
Wesley Street
You must be so torn inside. frown.gif
Grinder
Schizophrenic is the word you are looking for. biggrin.gif read.gif
Hagga
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Feb 23 2009, 09:57 PM) *
Only his body, JackBNimble saved him.
Actualy in System Failure he was saved by JackBNimble and did awaken into some kind of data storage, he noticed JBN despite its stealth propgram and chatted with it; the conversation ended with JBN telling him that he was supposed to be unconscious and his being awaken meant that he was defective and therefore he should have been deleted, after that the scene endes with a shell message asking if the file had to be deleted [Y/N]. I think it was in Unwired that it's stated that there are rumors about the Capitain's icon roaming the Matrix.

Isn't he the artificla buddha mentioned in Runner Havens?
Wesley Street
That's an interesting idea but I'm pretty sure the Bureau of Heaven and Earth predates System Failure by a good number of years. And I was under the impression that the "buddha" was some kind of intelligent cyberzombie made from someone very, very old.
Demonseed Elite
He may be referring to the technomancers who inhabit the Whampoa (a former shopping mall that looks like a land-locked ship). There have been rumors that they follow something they refer to as "The Captain." Take that for what you will. cool.gif
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Feb 24 2009, 07:15 PM) *
He may be referring to the technomancers who inhabit the Whampoa (a former shopping mall that looks like a land-locked ship). There have been rumors that they follow something they refer to as "The Captain." Take that for what you will. cool.gif

question.gif Where did you read this?
martindv
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Feb 24 2009, 04:34 PM) *

Runner Havens. The end of the Hong Kong chapter.

What I also got from that is that the Bureau of Heaven and Earth follows the events in System Failure, not precedes it.
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Feb 24 2009, 04:34 PM) *

pg. 28 of Runner Havens, near the end of the Whampoa entry.
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (martindv @ Feb 24 2009, 05:49 PM) *
What I also got from that is that the Bureau of Heaven and Earth follows the events in System Failure, not precedes it.

Hard to say. The Bureau of Heaven and Earth clearly appears to involve technomancers, which only appeared after System Failure. But the central cybernetic monk mentioned in the piece appears quite elderly, which might mean that at least he's been around awhile.
Blade
Well, I'm not saying that it's that entity isn't Captain Chaos but it's not very surprising to see someone at the head of a ship to be called "The Captain".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012