IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ares Games "Miracle Shooterâ„¢", How do you run combat in it?
Gnat
post Nov 22 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,581

Okay a question for those that it might of ever come up for. How do you do combat in "Miracle Shooterâ„¢"? Or how would you do it? Would you use the normal weapons skill group, dodge, perception or do you use a derived stat from the comlink? Like Response + System?

Mainly curious because this has kinda come up in the game I play in. And is a major focus to one of my fellow players who has a Severe Miracle Shooterâ„¢ Addiction.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 22 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #2

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I'd be tempted to use an abstract opposed test using the character's Matrix Games (or something similar) Knowledge skill.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Nov 22 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #3

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

I would resolve it as normal combat.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 22 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I thought about that, and while that is probably closer to canon, I really like to bring in Knowledge skills whenever I can, especially in fluff situations.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Nov 22 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #5

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Well, it's an AR game, ne?

+Quote Post
ravensoracle
post Nov 22 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,184

I think the physical part of the game should be run like combat but instead of using normal skills to deck out your equipment it is all based on the knowledge skills to know how the "Game Mechanics" equal out to that next Uber-gun. Maybe you can get bonuses to your gameplay by making KNowledge checks?

+Quote Post
MaxMahem
post Nov 22 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,097

I would run it like normal combat but with the appropriate Knowledge Skill being either a suplamental skill (roll it, each hit gives you an extra dice) or just flat out add it to the players pool.

+Quote Post
Ravor
post Nov 23 2008, 12:35 AM
Post #8

Cybernetic Blood Mage

Member No.: 8,361

I think it is supposed to be the 2070 vision of paintball so I'd use the same rules as normal combat, but since it is supposed to be a game I figure that the software makes things easier then in "real life", so I run very, very light on the penalities and add a bunch of extra dice as an AR Bonus since the game wants a bunch of pimple-faced corp brats to feel like bigshots. (There are two ways to increase this bonus, one is to pay the corp for an account upgrade and the second is to "level" your toon with kills.)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:48 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.