> Possession as a quick Ward, ... and further interesting conundra
pbangarth
post Nov 27 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #1

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

1)

If Uncle Zola were to summon a Force 8 spirit servant of Damballa to possess his Rover 2068 SUV, then anything enclosed inside the vehicle, including passengers, should for all intents and purposes be enclosed by a Ward of Force 8.

Does this sound reasonable?

2)

If Uncle Zola were to enter the vehicle and close the door, could he then set up a further Ward inside the passenger compartment, hence inside the possessing spirit?

3)

Could Uncle Zola call to himself one of his bound spirits while he is inside the possessed vehicle with the doors shut?

Peter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr Funfrock
post Nov 27 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,618

Huh...

The SUV would be dual natured, definitely. I'm not sure if that counts as a Ward...

Spells would go through it, I think, since targetting a spell only involves seeing the target. If someone targets me with a powerball through a pane of glass, the powerball doesn't smash the pane of glass, it goes directly to me. Same would apply if I'm sitting behind a spirit, I figure.

Would it count as a ward for other purposes... dunno. Not sure what the rules are for astral forms moving through each other. I'm not sure if "Ward" is entirely analogous though.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Nov 27 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #3

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Member No.: 178

Could Uncle Zola call to himself one of his bound spirits while he is inside the possessed vehicle with the doors shut?

Yes. Spirits can bypass wards using the metaplanar shortcut. Assuming the spirit counts as a ward, it can still be avoided. Assuming it doesn't, then it won't block anything.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 28 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

Seeing as how the winshield of the van is now Dual Natured, I don't think you can target through it (why wasn't it polarized in the first place?). For all intents and purposes, I'd say it functions as a Ward, but it couldn't be bypassed like a ward.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Nov 29 2008, 02:48 AM
Post #5

Grand Master of Run-Fu

QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 28 2008, 09:13 AM) *
Seeing as how the winshield of the van is now Dual Natured, I don't think you can target through it (why wasn't it polarized in the first place?). For all intents and purposes, I'd say it functions as a Ward, but it couldn't be bypassed like a ward.

The windshield of most vehicles is one-way glass. You can see out, but others can't see in. As far as being bypassed, the metaplanar shortcut works through other astral barriers than just wards.

+Quote Post
Hagga
post Nov 29 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,538

There's an unsettling thought - maybe the Gaiasphere has a big bloody hole in the middle, and that's where Santa and Satan have been hiding out.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Nov 29 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #7

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Well, we don't know where the deep metaplanes are, do we? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But seriously, the gaiasphere extends all the way up to the edge of the atmosphere. We can cast spells within in just fine.

+Quote Post
Cabral
post Dec 2 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,646

The fundamental question is would the possessing spirit's aura be restricted to the SUV's structure, or would the spirit's aura permeate the interior of the SUV (thus preventing anyone else from entering, IIRC)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:31 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.