Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possession as a quick Ward
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
pbangarth
1)

If Uncle Zola were to summon a Force 8 spirit servant of Damballa to possess his Rover 2068 SUV, then anything enclosed inside the vehicle, including passengers, should for all intents and purposes be enclosed by a Ward of Force 8.

Does this sound reasonable?

2)

If Uncle Zola were to enter the vehicle and close the door, could he then set up a further Ward inside the passenger compartment, hence inside the possessing spirit?

3)

Could Uncle Zola call to himself one of his bound spirits while he is inside the possessed vehicle with the doors shut?

Peter
Dr Funfrock
Huh...

The SUV would be dual natured, definitely. I'm not sure if that counts as a Ward...

Spells would go through it, I think, since targetting a spell only involves seeing the target. If someone targets me with a powerball through a pane of glass, the powerball doesn't smash the pane of glass, it goes directly to me. Same would apply if I'm sitting behind a spirit, I figure.

Would it count as a ward for other purposes... dunno. Not sure what the rules are for astral forms moving through each other. I'm not sure if "Ward" is entirely analogous though.
Cain
Could Uncle Zola call to himself one of his bound spirits while he is inside the possessed vehicle with the doors shut?

Yes. Spirits can bypass wards using the metaplanar shortcut. Assuming the spirit counts as a ward, it can still be avoided. Assuming it doesn't, then it won't block anything.
Neraph
Seeing as how the winshield of the van is now Dual Natured, I don't think you can target through it (why wasn't it polarized in the first place?). For all intents and purposes, I'd say it functions as a Ward, but it couldn't be bypassed like a ward.
Cain
QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 28 2008, 09:13 AM) *
Seeing as how the winshield of the van is now Dual Natured, I don't think you can target through it (why wasn't it polarized in the first place?). For all intents and purposes, I'd say it functions as a Ward, but it couldn't be bypassed like a ward.

The windshield of most vehicles is one-way glass. You can see out, but others can't see in. As far as being bypassed, the metaplanar shortcut works through other astral barriers than just wards.
Hagga
There's an unsettling thought - maybe the Gaiasphere has a big bloody hole in the middle, and that's where Santa and Satan have been hiding out.
Cain
Well, we don't know where the deep metaplanes are, do we? biggrin.gif

But seriously, the gaiasphere extends all the way up to the edge of the atmosphere. We can cast spells within in just fine.
Cabral
The fundamental question is would the possessing spirit's aura be restricted to the SUV's structure, or would the spirit's aura permeate the interior of the SUV (thus preventing anyone else from entering, IIRC)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012