> Armed Martial Arts + CC Rules, Broadsword and Shield
Lilt
post Dec 31 2003, 12:51 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,032

This was spawned from the Tahtiyb - Egiptian martial arts style thread:

What do people think of the concept of adding armed martial arts using the maneuvers system from the CC rules?

I was wondering what armed martial arts people know of or possibly have recieved traiuning in, ideally leading to some sets of martial arts and maneuvers that could be included in people's games if they see fit.

Some example martial arts I was thinking of are Iajitsu, the european Sword+Shield arts, the european Sword+Dagger/Buckler duelling techniques ETC. Maybe even Gun-Fu if someone particularily wants to.

The sort of new maneuvers you could apply would be things like Dual Wielding (skill also counts as equivalent offhand skill or something) whilst allowing appropriate maneuvers from the martial arts described in the CC.

If possible it'd be nice for this topic to be about Armed Martial Arts using the system in the CC, rather than a general discussion of martial arts or dismissal of the CC rules in general.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Dec 31 2003, 12:53 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,677

Hmmm...I must concur that it would be a good idea, in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 31 2003, 01:03 AM
Post #3

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

IRL, all training done with weapons includes learning Maneuvers. I don't see why unarmed Martial Arts should be unique in this aspect in Shadowrun.

+Quote Post
GoldenAri
post Dec 31 2003, 01:08 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,935

Austere Emancipator apparently has made many melee combat styles for his Forgotten Realms conversion.
Check the Medieval Fantasy Shadowrun thread. He hasn't posted anything detailed, but I would be interested in seeing them posted or at least to comment on what he did.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Dec 31 2003, 04:35 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

Very well. I'll post the non-canon styles I've done so far on the MFS thread.

They are very much under construction still.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Dec 31 2003, 07:47 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

With my rules, a skill being used for wielding both the weapon and the shield would be a bit too powerful -- effectively half-priced fighting skills. That's why I keep them separate. Although the idea of Sword+Buckler or Sword+Dagger fighting styles is intriguing, they might be too powerful compared to the others.

Paladin of Torm, Loyal Fury + Ever Watchful, longsword and shield, Evasion maneuver: +1 die to defending with the sword, +1 die to the full skill with the shield, +2 dice from medium/large shield, -1 TN to Dodge test. Assuming skill ratings 6, CP 8, that's 7 dice vs 4, 17 dice vs 3. Ehhm. Luckily, the same guy is pretty much screwed when an orc jumps on him with 2 axes.

This post has been edited by Austere Emancipator: Dec 31 2003, 07:47 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.