Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technomancer Threading
evilgoattea
post Dec 9 2008, 06:30 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,794

Is it a free action, simple action, or complex action? Thanks.

-Josh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post Dec 9 2008, 06:31 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,706

Yes.

+Quote Post
evilgoattea
post Dec 9 2008, 06:33 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Dec 9 2008, 06:31 AM) *
Yes.

What?

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Dec 9 2008, 06:33 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,508

From the FAQ on Shadowrun4.com:

Does threading require an action? Does the -2 modifier from sustaining a threading affect all actions, including use of that complex form?

The act of threading itself requires no action -- but the complex form being threaded does. Threaded complex forms must also be sustained, as noted. The -2 modifier for sustaining does not apply to use of that threaded complex form, but it does apply to all other actions the technomancer makes.

+Quote Post
evilgoattea
post Dec 9 2008, 06:35 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

thanks.

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Dec 9 2008, 06:47 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

Really, I didn't notice the bit about the sustaining penalty not applying to the form being threaded. That makes technomancers much more powerful.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Dec 9 2008, 08:15 AM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Dec 9 2008, 01:31 AM) *
Yes.

hmmm... as shown by the quote from the FAQ, the correct answer would have actually been 'no, it is none of those' (as opposed to 'yes, it is one of those'). good try at taking the question literally, though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

theOOB: that particular ruling is only found in the FAQ, as far as i know. i don't think it's actually made it into any errata, yet. but yes, it does help a lot with making technomancers work.

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Dec 9 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 9 2008, 04:15 AM) *
theOOB: that particular ruling is only found in the FAQ, as far as i know. i don't think it's actually made it into any errata, yet. but yes, it does help a lot with making technomancers work.

Well without the rule, there is no point in threading less then 3, which severely weakens technomancers as a whole because threading is kinda their thing.

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Dec 9 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #9

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 9 2008, 04:15 AM) *
hmmm... as shown by the quote from the FAQ, the correct answer would have actually been 'no, it is none of those' (as opposed to 'yes, it is one of those'). good try at taking the question literally, though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

For a logical construct of

"Is A, B or C true?", as long as one of the three is true, then the answer is Yes.

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post Dec 9 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,706

QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 9 2008, 01:15 AM) *

Who ever said I was addressing the original question?

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 9 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #11

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Dec 10 2008, 07:17 AM) *
For a logical construct of

"Is A, B or C true?", as long as one of the three is true, then the answer is Yes.

While that is true, in this case A, B, and C were all technically incorrect. Threading itself does not take any of those actions listed. Therefore the proper response would be 'No'. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:18 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.