Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer Threading
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
evilgoattea
Is it a free action, simple action, or complex action? Thanks.

-Josh
Muspellsheimr
Yes.
evilgoattea
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Dec 9 2008, 06:31 AM) *
Yes.

What?
Tiger Eyes
From the FAQ on Shadowrun4.com:

Does threading require an action? Does the -2 modifier from sustaining a threading affect all actions, including use of that complex form?

The act of threading itself requires no action -- but the complex form being threaded does. Threaded complex forms must also be sustained, as noted. The -2 modifier for sustaining does not apply to use of that threaded complex form, but it does apply to all other actions the technomancer makes.
evilgoattea
thanks.
TheOOB
Really, I didn't notice the bit about the sustaining penalty not applying to the form being threaded. That makes technomancers much more powerful.
Jaid
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Dec 9 2008, 01:31 AM) *
Yes.

hmmm... as shown by the quote from the FAQ, the correct answer would have actually been 'no, it is none of those' (as opposed to 'yes, it is one of those'). good try at taking the question literally, though wink.gif nyahnyah.gif

theOOB: that particular ruling is only found in the FAQ, as far as i know. i don't think it's actually made it into any errata, yet. but yes, it does help a lot with making technomancers work.
TheOOB
QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 9 2008, 04:15 AM) *
theOOB: that particular ruling is only found in the FAQ, as far as i know. i don't think it's actually made it into any errata, yet. but yes, it does help a lot with making technomancers work.

Well without the rule, there is no point in threading less then 3, which severely weakens technomancers as a whole because threading is kinda their thing.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 9 2008, 04:15 AM) *
hmmm... as shown by the quote from the FAQ, the correct answer would have actually been 'no, it is none of those' (as opposed to 'yes, it is one of those'). good try at taking the question literally, though wink.gif nyahnyah.gif

For a logical construct of

"Is A, B or C true?", as long as one of the three is true, then the answer is Yes.
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 9 2008, 01:15 AM) *

Who ever said I was addressing the original question?
Fortune
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Dec 10 2008, 07:17 AM) *
For a logical construct of

"Is A, B or C true?", as long as one of the three is true, then the answer is Yes.

While that is true, in this case A, B, and C were all technically incorrect. Threading itself does not take any of those actions listed. Therefore the proper response would be 'No'. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012