Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chameleon suits and Capacity
Tyro
post Dec 10 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,558

I want my ninja to wear a chameleon suit, but it doesn't have Capacity listed in Arsenal (they gave it to that stupid jumpsuit, but not the chameleon suit?!) I don't really see a helmet working well with this suit, so I was thinking we should give it two difference Capacity stats - one for the suit itself (a bit low due to the space taken up by the chameleon electronics) and one for the visor/hood, which would replace a helmet for visual and audio sensor storage.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Dec 10 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

The only mod I allow on it is thermal dampening, the basic idea being that it's capacity is all used up by it's chameleon properties

EDIT: The jump suit having capacity makes sense, it fills the role of the only non high grade full body armor with capacity

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Dec 10 2008, 08:40 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,537

If I remember well ruthenium polymer coating has no capacity cost listed, just add it to a jumpsuit and for the same (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) cost you have a chameleon suit with two extra point of impact armor, a biomonitor built in (which would cost 300 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) to add) and a music player (just for fluf even thought the GM MIGHT allow to be taken away to give an extra capacity point). I would say that the stupid jumpsuit is one of the best armors in the BBB, I has the tird highest armor rating (after the Full Body Armor, the Armor Jacket and the Camuflage Suit) and the lowest price (along the 4/0 Armor Clothing).

+Quote Post
Medicineman
post Dec 10 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,015

best Protection Value x 1,5 or 6 whichever is better

with a simple dance
Medicineman

+Quote Post
Cadmus
post Dec 10 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,304

QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Dec 10 2008, 03:40 AM) *
If I remember well ruthenium polymer coating has no capacity cost listed, just add it to a jumpsuit and for the same (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) cost you have a chameleon suit with two extra point of impact armor, a biomonitor built in (which would cost 300 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) to add) and a music player (just for fluf even thought the GM MIGHT allow to be taken away to give an extra capacity point). I would say that the stupid jumpsuit is one of the best armors in the BBB, I has the tird highest armor rating (after the Full Body Armor, the Armor Jacket and the Camuflage Suit) and the lowest price (along the 4/0 Armor Clothing).

Even better, The the biomonitor, Biofabric, Arsenal I forget the page, its in runners toys I belive, 100 bucks and it works like a bio monitor (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Meschler
post Dec 10 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 14,303

As Medicineman mentioned the Chameleon-suit has a capacity of 9 (6 x 1,5 =9) and so you can built nice things in in e.g. Termal damping, chemical protection and fire resistance.

Best wishes,
Meschler

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Dec 10 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Meschler @ Dec 10 2008, 02:48 PM) *
As Medicineman mentioned the Chameleon-suit has a capacity of 9 (6 x 1,5 =9) and so you can built nice things in in e.g. Termal damping, chemical protection and fire resistance.

Best wishes,
Meschler

Actualy 9 would be the maximum total rating of modifications, which are different from capacity, for exemple a chameleon suit could have rating 6 termal dampening and rating 3 fire resistance (6 + 3 = 9), if that 9 was the capacity (see Arsenal, the table at p.44) the same suit could have termal dampening 6, fire resistance 6 and insulation 6 (respectively 5 + 2 + 2 = 9).
Sorry but those are two different things (even thought a camuflage suit with 12 capacity is Very attractive).

+Quote Post
TKDNinjaInBlack
post Dec 15 2008, 12:31 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,329

don't forget that you might be referencing two separate rules. There is a formula for "Armor Modification" which is the highest rating x 1.5. Using the chameleon suit as an example, you'd get 9 points to futz around with modifications. As stated above, if you have thermo dampening and non-conductivity, the sum of their ratings would have to equal that 9 or less.

On the other hand, is the rule for "suit capacity" in which only full armor suits and cohesive armors have a capacity. If your suit has a capacity of 6, then you need to reference the chart in arsenal on the page with the rules for modification. Only 2 pieces of armor from the core book were amended to be included with the suit category and given capacities in arsenal. That's the urban explorer jumper and the full body armor. Their capacities are listed on the same page with the armor mod rules.

So, knowing there are two separate rules for armor, you can trick out your chameleon suit using the modification formula, or you can add the chameleon coating (ruthenium or whatever it's called) to a suit that has a capacity later and get roughly the same effect.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Dec 15 2008, 12:51 AM
Post #9

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

heh, i can see a typical gang kit being the jumpsuite with different odds and end, and a ordinary, non-armored jacket over it with gang colors.

get the lower half of the jump suite looking like normal pants (or close enough), and people may not even notice what your wearing.

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Dec 15 2008, 12:53 AM
Post #10

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

but both are opsonal and anything can be added to armor. But if abused then the rules can be used to stop über suit tanks this means that mil-spec can be modded to hell by RAW though.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Dec 15 2008, 01:36 AM
Post #11

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

as it should be, its military grade gear after all.

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Dec 15 2008, 03:41 AM
Post #12

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

I use capacity and capacity only, with a few exceptions (like how I mentioned I allow thermal dampening on chameleon suits.) I even assign capacity values for audio and visual objects.

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Dec 15 2008, 06:19 AM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,558

QUOTE (TheOOB @ Dec 14 2008, 07:41 PM) *
I use capacity and capacity only, with a few exceptions (like how I mentioned I allow thermal dampening on chameleon suits.) I even assign capacity values for audio and visual objects.

That would mean you couldn't put armor upgrades on most armor. I should be able to add insulation to my armored jacket, or nonconductivity to my FFBA.

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Dec 15 2008, 08:59 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (TheOOB @ Dec 15 2008, 04:41 AM) *

What you mean with "audio and visual objects"?

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 15 2008, 11:24 AM
Post #15

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Contact lenses, glasses, goggles, ear buds, headphones, etc.

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Dec 15 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 15 2008, 12:24 PM) *
Contact lenses, glasses, goggles, ear buds, headphones, etc.

The table at p.44 of Arsenal 2070 doesn't do?

In bocca al lupo.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 15 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #17

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Dec 16 2008, 04:39 AM) *
The table at p.44 of Arsenal 2070 doesn't do?

It's not my house rule, but ...

Can you show me where it lists, on the page you cite or elsewhere, the actual Capacity for contact lenses? Glasses? Ear buds?

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Dec 15 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 15 2008, 08:53 PM) *
It's not my house rule, but ...

Can you show me where it lists, on the page you cite or elsewhere, the actual Capacity for contact lenses? Glasses? Ear buds?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/eek.gif) Oh my Grid Overwatch Division!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/eek.gif)

I got it all WRONG!! I had thought you were trying to incorporate that gear into the armor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/indifferent.gif)

Yes you are indeed right (as far as my knowledge goes), that stuff was written before Arsenal capacity rules and hasn't been updated yet.

In bocca al lupo.

+Quote Post
Cadmus
post Dec 15 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

by RAW in the base rule book, contact lens can hold all the normal vision mods, Don't ask me how they get an ultra sound emiter into them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Granted for a starting char you can get most of the upgrades with a set of contacts and glasses,

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 16 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #20

Immoral Elf

Ultrasound is Headware, not Eyeware.

+Quote Post
Cadmus
post Dec 16 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 15 2008, 07:36 PM) *
Ultrasound is Headware, not Eyeware.

Page 324 base book,

Vision enhancement section, You know glass's goggles ect.

Enhancements
Low light
Flare comp
Image Link
Smartlink
Ultrasound
Vision Enhancment
Vision Magnification

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Dec 16 2008, 01:40 AM
Post #22

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

QUOTE (Tyro @ Dec 10 2008, 10:03 AM) *
Thoughts?

All those Capacity rules from Arsenal are optional.

By default, add whatever you can afford.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 16 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #23

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Cadmus @ Dec 16 2008, 11:45 AM) *
Vision enhancement section

Right. I was referring to implants (don't ask me why), which are not eye enhancements, but are quite specifically classified as headware.

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Dec 16 2008, 11:49 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 16 2008, 11:18 AM) *
Right. I was referring to implants (don't ask me why), which are not eye enhancements, but are quite specifically classified as headware.

Maybe its because the ultrawideband radar is a piece of headware.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 16 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #25

Immoral Elf

Both Ultrasound Vision and Ultrawideband Radar are headware.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:29 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.