IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re-scaling maps, 1"=5' is good for D20 but......
Fabe
post Dec 21 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,050

OK I got my self some modern day maps that will work great as locations for Shadowrun but they're all in the standard 1 square/inch=5' grid format. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas of what measurements/scale I should use to show meters or would it be easier to use the maps as a guild to re do them altogether.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Dec 21 2008, 06:00 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

probably the easiest thing to do is just treat each square as being 1.5 meters. (1.5 meters is about 59 ", or 4'11"... should be close enough for most purposes)

if you want to do diagonals, i would say treat a diagonal as 2 meters. (they're actually a little more than 2.1 meters, but you can just assume that rather than being a perfect diagonal the person will generally cut corners)

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Dec 21 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

For simplicity's sake, I usually do 1" = 2 meters (with 25mm figs) if I do it free form. Being a table top mini's gamer I find the square system from D&D too restricting at times. While not exact it is close enough.

+Quote Post
dog_xinu
post Dec 21 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,091

QUOTE (Fabe @ Dec 21 2008, 12:20 AM) *
OK I got my self some modern day maps that will work great as locations for Shadowrun but they're all in the standard 1 square/inch=5' grid format. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas of what measurements/scale I should use to show meters or would it be easier to use the maps as a guild to re do them altogether.

are these maps you produced or ones you acquired? if you produced them yourself, you can change the scaling fairly easily (or should be) in the tool you created them. If you acquired them, then do as Jaid said and change the scale as they suggested.

dx

+Quote Post
RedeemerofOgar
post Dec 30 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,219

QUOTE (Fabe @ Dec 21 2008, 12:20 AM) *

Mostly agreed with Jaid, 2" = 3m. However, I'd ignore the grid entirely and use short rulers to determine distance moved.

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Dec 30 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 16,449

Just thought you all might get some use out of this.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:50 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.