Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-scaling maps
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fabe
OK I got my self some modern day maps that will work great as locations for Shadowrun but they're all in the standard 1 square/inch=5' grid format. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas of what measurements/scale I should use to show meters or would it be easier to use the maps as a guild to re do them altogether.
Jaid
probably the easiest thing to do is just treat each square as being 1.5 meters. (1.5 meters is about 59 ", or 4'11"... should be close enough for most purposes)

if you want to do diagonals, i would say treat a diagonal as 2 meters. (they're actually a little more than 2.1 meters, but you can just assume that rather than being a perfect diagonal the person will generally cut corners)
Warlordtheft
For simplicity's sake, I usually do 1" = 2 meters (with 25mm figs) if I do it free form. Being a table top mini's gamer I find the square system from D&D too restricting at times. While not exact it is close enough.
dog_xinu
QUOTE (Fabe @ Dec 21 2008, 12:20 AM) *
OK I got my self some modern day maps that will work great as locations for Shadowrun but they're all in the standard 1 square/inch=5' grid format. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas of what measurements/scale I should use to show meters or would it be easier to use the maps as a guild to re do them altogether.

are these maps you produced or ones you acquired? if you produced them yourself, you can change the scaling fairly easily (or should be) in the tool you created them. If you acquired them, then do as Jaid said and change the scale as they suggested.

dx
RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (Fabe @ Dec 21 2008, 12:20 AM) *

Mostly agreed with Jaid, 2" = 3m. However, I'd ignore the grid entirely and use short rulers to determine distance moved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012