Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mafia Security, Mob War
Clay Pigeon
post Jan 6 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,843

I was combing through Mob War, and I am intrigued by some logistics. I realize it's an old book, but just in case you haven't run it or played through it yet, I'll hide the spoilers.

I am curious as to the details of Don O'Malley's assassination. It sounds like the assassin had way too easy a time pulling off the job. Follow the guy around, find a hidey-hole, and shoot him. What sort of security would such a powerful individual have? If your runners had to pull a similar job, what obstacles would they face?

Thanks.

-Clay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pendaric
post Jan 6 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,047

It was an inside job ordered by the 'Butcher' Bigio.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 6 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

isn't that basically how most assassins work?
wait for an opportunity to do their thing? O.o

+Quote Post
Petrie_SMG
post Jan 7 2009, 02:06 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 16,714

Not really that hard to do, really, everyone is exposed at some point. He was sniped, right? With the right sniper, equipment, and intel, it can be done. I don't know what kind of equipment/modifications the Don had, but a standard human, even with some mods, can probably be killed. Even the mafia can't possibly afford every defense out there.

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Jan 7 2009, 02:51 AM
Post #5

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

especially seeing as the Mob is a criminal organization, they can't have as much overt security as say, a president.

the Sons of the Neon Chrysanthemum in Japan OTOH, do not have this problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 06:45 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.