Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mafia Security
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Clay Pigeon
I was combing through Mob War, and I am intrigued by some logistics. I realize it's an old book, but just in case you haven't run it or played through it yet, I'll hide the spoilers.

I am curious as to the details of Don O'Malley's assassination. It sounds like the assassin had way too easy a time pulling off the job. Follow the guy around, find a hidey-hole, and shoot him. What sort of security would such a powerful individual have? If your runners had to pull a similar job, what obstacles would they face?

Thanks.

-Clay
Pendaric
It was an inside job ordered by the 'Butcher' Bigio.
Stahlseele
isn't that basically how most assassins work?
wait for an opportunity to do their thing? O.o
Petrie_SMG
Not really that hard to do, really, everyone is exposed at some point. He was sniped, right? With the right sniper, equipment, and intel, it can be done. I don't know what kind of equipment/modifications the Don had, but a standard human, even with some mods, can probably be killed. Even the mafia can't possibly afford every defense out there.
Fix-it
especially seeing as the Mob is a criminal organization, they can't have as much overt security as say, a president.

the Sons of the Neon Chrysanthemum in Japan OTOH, do not have this problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012