IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Healing Stun damage, you wake up when 6/10 or 9/10 boxs left?
BlackSmith
post Jan 4 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,101

Came up sudenly.
does the book mean that you wake up after you are reduced ti 9/10 stun boxes (when you don have anymore Deadly stun)
OR
when reduced to 6/10 (when the stun realy is reduced to Serious)?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WhiteRabbit
post Jan 4 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 1,644

I've always played it that you woke up when you hit 9/10, since you are no longer at deadly.

+Quote Post
Snake Oil
post Jan 4 2004, 09:44 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 5,947

Deadly is 10 boxes. Anything below that is considered Serious or lighter.

+Quote Post
BlackSmith
post Jan 4 2004, 11:13 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

tought so.
stupid language barriers.

+Quote Post
Luke Hardison
post Jan 5 2004, 05:12 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,828

When you take D physical you don't become conscious again until you get the damage down to Serious. But, then again, with the way you heal physical damage, it doesn't hit 9 boxes until it jumps down to 6, so it's kind of a moot point.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 5 2004, 05:57 AM
Post #6

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Not really. If the person that had a 'D' Physical wasn't given First Aid, but instead was the recipient of a Treat spell that healed one box, he'd be at 9 boxes, a Serious Wound, but he'd be conscious.

+Quote Post
RedmondLarry
post Jan 5 2004, 09:47 PM
Post #7

Senior GM

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 4,442

While our team doesn't know whether the writers intended for Healing Stun Damage (SR3 p. 126) to have characters wake up when they have recovered to 9 boxes or 6 boxes of stun damage, we have chosen to play that the characters wake up at 6 boxes. We are happy with this choice.

Although we use that level for natural recovery from stun, we also play that a character will wake up from the chemicals in a stim patch has temporarily lowered their stun level below 10.

+Quote Post
Rev
post Jan 5 2004, 10:45 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,034

You could also say that people will wake up at 6 (unless nice and comfy, where they will continue sleeping), but can be woken up at 9 (say if somone shakes them, or they are being eaten by vultures).

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jan 5 2004, 11:39 PM
Post #9

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

Rev, I like that solution a lot. Maybe allow a willpower test to wake up earlier under certain circumstances, but this offers the possibility for the whole "throw-water-in-their-face" thing.

~J

+Quote Post
BlackSmith
post Jan 6 2004, 01:22 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

IIRC CC has rules for staying awake, but reys solution sounds best.
it even goes along the rules :-)

+Quote Post
Zazen
post Jan 6 2004, 07:04 AM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,123

QUOTE (Rev)
You could also say that people will wake up at 6 (unless nice and comfy, where they will continue sleeping), but can be woken up at 9 (say if somone shakes them, or they are being eaten by vultures).

Yeah, that's what I do too :)

+Quote Post
RedmondLarry
post Jan 6 2004, 05:21 PM
Post #12

Senior GM

Member No.: 4,442

A character can not have more than 10 boxes of Stun damage. If the writers wanted characters to wake up when they got to 9 boxes of Stun I think they would have written "A character who has been knocked unconscious from Deadly Stun damage will wake up when he or she recovers 1 box."

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Jan 6 2004, 06:59 PM
Post #13

Traumatizing players since 1992

Member No.: 220

I don't think a character with 9 boxes is at serious. I think Serious is 6 boxes, it's clearly labeled. A character with 9 boxes is between serious and deadly, or specifically Serious +3, IE more than serious, yet not deadly...

+Quote Post
BlackSmith
post Jan 6 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

this is what made me doubt.
if serious wound is excatly 6 boxses, then yo udont wake up until you hit 6 boxses or less.

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Jan 6 2004, 09:58 PM
Post #15

I guess you could call what I posted just my opioion, since I don't believe it's directly addressed that makes it up to the GM.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 7 2004, 01:41 AM
Post #16

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (BitBasher)
I don't think a character with 9 boxes is at serious. I think Serious is 6 boxes, it's clearly labeled. A character with 9 boxes is between serious and deadly, or specifically Serious +3, IE more than serious, yet not deadly...

What TN Modifiers does a person have when they have 9 boxes of damage? If you answer +3 which is the Serious Wounds Modifier, then it is a good bet that a person with 9 boxes of damage is considered to be Seriously Wounded.

+Quote Post
Hasaku
post Jan 7 2004, 01:46 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 197

Yep. Damage levels are digital. There's nothing in between Serious and Deadly; you jump from one to the other when you hit magic number 10.

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Jan 7 2004, 02:43 AM
Post #18

On the other side, if a weapon does a serious wound do you mark off 6, 7, 8 or 9 boxes of damage? By your interpretation they would all be equally valid, as they are all simply a serious wound.

But really, for a serious wound you mark off six, and only 6 boxes of damage.. Not 7 or 8 or even 9.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 7 2004, 03:03 AM
Post #19

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (BitBasher)
But really, for a serious wound you mark off six, and only 6 boxes of damage.. Not 7 or 8 or even 9.

While this is true, if a person who was already moderately wounded took a Serious Wound, you would mark off 6 boxes. This would leave him with 9 boxes marked off, but still only Seriously Wounded, not 'Serious +3'. He still has the same TN modifiers as someone with 6 boxes marked off. If First Aid were performed on him, his wounds would still drop to Moderate.

+Quote Post
Hasaku
post Jan 7 2004, 03:31 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 197

On the other side, if a weapon does a serious wound do you mark off 6, 7, 8 or 9 boxes of damage? By your interpretation they would all be equally valid, as they are all simply a serious wound.

There's a distinction between being dealt a serious wound, and being seriously wounded. When you are dealt a serious wound, you mark off 6 boxes. However, a character is seriously wounded and is said to be suffering from the effects of a serious wound, when they have 6,7,8, or 9 boxes of damage marked off.

You're correct in stating that 6-9 boxes is a serious wound (and 1-2 are light, 3-5 are moderate). Imagine, therefore, that all single wounds are delivered at their lowest possible level and only grow by the addition of more wounds to our suffering hero.

edit: As an example, look at the moderate wound + serious wound used above. If our hero had suffered a serious wound alone, he would be in a certain amount of pain - enough to give a +3 TN modifier to his actions. However, there's a limit to how much pain you can feel and remain conscious. Thus, adding a serious wound to his moderate wound puts him at the brink of unconsciousness, but his pain level has hit the ceiling - still only a +3 TN modifier.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th September 2024 - 01:46 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.