IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Running a PbP session. Any tools?, Alterable character sheets etc.
Denicalis
post Jan 13 2009, 06:29 AM
Post #1

Hot Hazing Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,410

Hey all.

I'm going to be running a play by post game, and there's a few things I'm interested in doing. First off, I'm going to update character stats on a wiki for ease of access by the players, but if there are any .pdf character sheets with alterable input fields, that'd be helpful.

The thing I want most of all, though, is an alterable map. I've been playing a PbP D&D game on a forum, and our GM has a fantastic map background he can use and alter in Photoshop to keep us all updated on locations during combat, it's pretty useful. I'd just use his, but of course all the textures are stone buildings, wooden tables, generic high fantasy. Anything like that out there for the cyberpunk aficionado?

I've already got a dice roller that's going to save my d6s a lot of wear.

Anything else out there any of you can offer for advice or technology to a first time e-GM?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
overchord
post Jan 13 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 16,491

In terms of character sheets, I use a Drupal installation. When setting up user profiles on this system you can add as many fields as you want in different category groups as you want, so I added attributes, skills, etc. at direct elements of the user profile.
We then also use the site to host maps, notes and other bits that feed into the campaign and helps cut down on OOC in the email list.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Jan 13 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #3

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

I've got two character sheets linked from my site, shadowrun.dashifen.com, that you can edit as electronic forms. They were made by a poster, MintCar, shortly after SR4 was released. Just download the "Electronic Forms" for mundane and awakened characters and they might be what you need.

+Quote Post
InfinityzeN
post Jan 13 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,707

http://invisiblecastle.com/

It works wonders, lets the GM start a campaign page, can store characters, has a digital dice roller with results set to a page, etc.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.