Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transparent or not?, Astral Perception Question
Browncoatone
post Jan 13 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,733

It says in the SR4 book (and I don't have a copy of SR1-3 anymore unfortunately) that physical, non-living objects only cast shadows onto the astral plane. Which is fine if you're trying to walk through walls. But I was wondering: is glass transparent on the astral plane or opaque?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Angier
post Jan 13 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 14,331

opaque as street magic states

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jan 13 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #3

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

SR3 says it's transparent. I houserule it to be opaque, however (since astral perception is a psychic sense, not a physical one, the physical transparency of glass should be irrelevant).

I had a similar question though. In SR3, it mentions non-transparent cover inhibits spell casting, but mentions nothing in regards to detecting things with astral perception. Does fog convey a penalty to astral perception? Does it use the highest penalty, or a lesser one?

+Quote Post
Browncoatone
post Jan 13 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,733

Well I'd searched for glass in Street magic but didn't find any astral references and thought perhaps one of the novels I haven't read touched upon it. But thanks to Angier I took an additional look at Street Magic and found:

"Items that are transparent or mirrored in the real world (like a car window) simply impair visibility as astral shadows."
Page #114 Street Magic

Now nezumi has me wondering about his question. How does Fog appear on the Astral Plane?

+Quote Post
raggedhalo
post Jan 13 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,515

Fog and smoke obscure astral vision...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:30 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.