Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Google maps, Let's get some locations
WeaverMount
post Jan 14 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,309

Ok, so more and more of us are using google maps as a gaming aid. Here are some cool sites I've found and thought I'd share. I invite you to share any finds of your own. In case you didn't spot it you can get a link to an exact view in google maps by hitting the link button just above the upper left corner of the map.

Vanuatu - A chain of Volcanic islands

Marcus Hook Refinery - A cool looking refinery.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe...mp;t=h&z=15 - with adjacent construction zone, park, residential and commercial zones

Simon Fraser University - 92.57% chance any given futurist concrete building from the X-Files is on this campus

Polyhydral Buildings - Could pass for Settle. Actually Hampshire College

Crystal Cathedral - Cool looking campus.

Asploded Detroit - Fined your RoboCop set here

Juarez/El Paso Mining operation - There are sever individual sites. Crop the image with the zoom tool.

Glass building Water Lilly conservatory in San Fransisco.

Tebetian Neighborhood - This section looks different from most aerial shots of dense urban area's.

Dimona, Israel (better pic)- Cool looking small town. Features grave yard, industrial park, nuclear facility ... man I want to do a module here

Prauge yeah it's just that cool, or I'm that much of a fan boy

Cool looking chunk of Tokyo

Tokyo facility R&D, Industrial, and weird looking buildings + docks.

Down Town San Francisco - Nice large scale landscaping.

German Facility 10 miles north of Munich. And no, not that facility.

Note: more entries to follow. I just want to get these posted before anything happens to the post
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Browncoatone
post Jan 14 2009, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,733

Need a strategic objective small enough for your runners to secure? Try the Johnston Atoll airstrip.

For that run into the barrens perhaps a close up of Fallujah will help.

And what list of possible Shadowrun targets would be complete without Area 51?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:30 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.