Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whatever happened to Bremerton?
Browncoatone
post Jan 19 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,733

I can't seem to find any reference to Bremerton Washington in the Canon resources at my disposal- or in the non-canon references for that matter. Has anyone seen any Shadowrun material on Bremerton or Bainbridge Island?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Jan 19 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 15,708

QUOTE (Browncoatone @ Jan 19 2009, 02:55 PM) *
I can't seem to find any reference to Bremerton Washington in the Canon resources at my disposal- or in the non-canon references for that matter. Has anyone seen any Shadowrun material on Bremerton or Bainbridge Island?

Thanks in advance.

I am at work so sorry if I have my reference incorrect. You may want to look up Outremer, in Runner's Havens

+Quote Post
Method
post Jan 20 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #3

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

BlueMax is correct. Here is a canon MAP released around the same time as Runner Havens.

+Quote Post
DV8
post Jan 20 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 116

Personally, I always liked how Bremerton was depicted in the SNES game, an abandoned shipyard, turned into an almost Stephenson-like raft of different "boats." (Read: anything that'll float.) I use it this way; another Z-zone in Seattle.

+Quote Post
Browncoatone
post Jan 20 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,733

Logic always seems to get in the way for me I guess.

It seems silly to me that the SS council would need to Mercer Island as their embassy when they surround Seattle on almost every side.

It also seems silly that the Cascade Ork tribe would be in the business of smuggling stuff from Denver to Seattle when Seattle is a major port city and Denver is landlocked a thousand miles from nowhere.

And it seems odd to me that Bremerton would be left to rot or be "returned to nature" when the tribe that owns it also runs a nuclear power plant. It makes so much more sense for Bremerton to become a low cost competitor port for Seattle, but one under control of the NAN and under environmental regulations of the SS council. I'm honestly surprised that the canon doesn't mention Bremerton at all given that they make a point of stating that the SS council operates the old US Navy Trident Base nearby.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jan 20 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Space limitations, sorry.

+Quote Post
BIG BAD BEESTE
post Jan 20 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,274

Damn wordcount limitations, Verdamnt!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.