Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whatever happened to Bremerton?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Browncoatone
I can't seem to find any reference to Bremerton Washington in the Canon resources at my disposal- or in the non-canon references for that matter. Has anyone seen any Shadowrun material on Bremerton or Bainbridge Island?

Thanks in advance.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Browncoatone @ Jan 19 2009, 02:55 PM) *
I can't seem to find any reference to Bremerton Washington in the Canon resources at my disposal- or in the non-canon references for that matter. Has anyone seen any Shadowrun material on Bremerton or Bainbridge Island?

Thanks in advance.

I am at work so sorry if I have my reference incorrect. You may want to look up Outremer, in Runner's Havens
Method
BlueMax is correct. Here is a canon MAP released around the same time as Runner Havens.
DV8
Personally, I always liked how Bremerton was depicted in the SNES game, an abandoned shipyard, turned into an almost Stephenson-like raft of different "boats." (Read: anything that'll float.) I use it this way; another Z-zone in Seattle.
Browncoatone
Logic always seems to get in the way for me I guess.

It seems silly to me that the SS council would need to Mercer Island as their embassy when they surround Seattle on almost every side.

It also seems silly that the Cascade Ork tribe would be in the business of smuggling stuff from Denver to Seattle when Seattle is a major port city and Denver is landlocked a thousand miles from nowhere.

And it seems odd to me that Bremerton would be left to rot or be "returned to nature" when the tribe that owns it also runs a nuclear power plant. It makes so much more sense for Bremerton to become a low cost competitor port for Seattle, but one under control of the NAN and under environmental regulations of the SS council. I'm honestly surprised that the canon doesn't mention Bremerton at all given that they make a point of stating that the SS council operates the old US Navy Trident Base nearby.
Ancient History
Space limitations, sorry.
BIG BAD BEESTE
Damn wordcount limitations, Verdamnt!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012