Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Proxy Server question
Prime Mover
post Jan 30 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Ok so this past week I've been working on some npc's using unwired trying to get more familiar with the book. So far so good, a few minor hiccups so far easily fixed.

One thing that I'm not clear on though is Proxy server use. Under Anonymization pg. 93 it say's trace attempts will lead to the Anonymous server. It references proxy servers, which again references another page pg 104. On 104 it states that proxy servers increase trace thresholds by 4 and hackers response by 1 for each proxy server used. So both of these effects are used with an Anonymization service?

Edit: Guessing yes just wondering why the info is in 3 different places?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jan 30 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #2

Awakened Asset

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,309

An Anonymisation service is used to send messages or other things handled by data requests. If you look at the data inside, you only learn the AccessID of the proxy node.

If you route a subscription (full AR/VR connection) through a proxy, you are at -1 response (slowed connection), and the trace threshold is at +4 (time Trace needs to bypass the proxy).

I assume the Anonymisation proxy service is full scale, and the anonymised commcode is for calls/messages only.

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Jan 30 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

Second Ryu's answer.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jan 30 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #4

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

I´ve been doing a bit of reading on data requests very recently, I hope I´ve got it now. You coming to the same conclusions is a good sign. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.