Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OoC Evolution, Out of Character - Epoch, Survival, Revolution Campaigns
SneakyJoeKDB
post Mar 26 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #101

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,816

Kliko, what program are you using to roll dice? Have a link?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Mar 26 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #102

Grand Nagus

Member No.: 6,518

Here is a new one I found, cause I hate Castle because it always rolls nothing but 2s and 3s. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Try Random Dice. If you want to roll four dice just enter 4d6 in the top bar.

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Mar 26 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #103

Moving Target

Well that Bot appears to do much better than Kliko's:

[ Spoiler ]

oops forgot to reroll 6s.

[ Spoiler ]

Man that dice bot is hot!

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Mar 26 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #104

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,403

Thanks for the link, looks a lot better (at least Keith's rolls do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif) ). Kliko will mainly depend on his orientation system/ GPS combo for navigation though. I picture he will be using the overlay function in it a lot (especially when night falls). The pictures look great by the way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) .

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Mar 26 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #105

Grand Nagus

Remember that V did an aerial flyby also, but it was from 15000 ft. The trails aren't exactly mapped out, and the recent snowfall, along with the build up has changed the terrain a bit. I know you have your BattleTach, and other electronics, but someone with Wilderness Survival may rely on their own knowledge and hands when things don't match up perfectly.

I assumed (which may not be as accurate, but quicker in this format) that when the trail started to disappear and didn't match up exactly to digital overlay that Kliko would go back to his experience (hands on) in the form of said (failed) Land Nav Test (which I defaulted to Wilderness Survival). The one roll assumed you used your electronics first, but due to more ones than successes, he could not resolve it and couldn't even locate it on the map. Perception was affected by failure, gm assumption that you were too confused in your land nav (or lack of) to locate a half burried sign, over 150 meters (about 500 ft) away. That is a long distance to see something that may blend in with its surroundings. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spin.gif)

To save time of asking you if you were going to look for the trail, determine your location, ect, I would cover it with a series of rolls. However, Bubba rolled an extreme success, nullifying any reason to have you roll again, because you have at least located a trail marker or trail head.

From there you would have a better chance to determine your exact location from there. Roll again from there, but this time your target will be lower, since you may know your exact location on your maps, based on what the sign says. I again assume you know your exact location because your character has WS and thus would be common sense.

Things would be easier if you had a Land Nav skill and you didnt botch your Wilderness Survival Tests in the future. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

EDIT: Kliko, where is the rules for your Orientation System found?

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Mar 26 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #106

Shooting Target

man & machine p. 17/18. It's largely fluff though (i.e. read gamemaster's discretion)

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Mar 27 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #107

Grand Nagus

Can you make another land nav/wilderness survival test Kliko?

EDIT @ 2050 3/26

Hey, I am going out of town tomorrow morning. Will try to check the boards before I go. I should be back late tomorrow night or early Saturday morning.

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Mar 27 2009, 06:07 AM
Post #108

Shooting Target

Wilderness Survival check:
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Mar 27 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #109

Grand Nagus

Yes, much better than Castle, huh.

Alright, Kliko is basically able to line everything up now. He can see that up the mountain their is a ridge, and just over that should be Hidden Valley. Go ahead and post IC.

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Mar 30 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #110

Moving Target

So where is Duster? you know Bosh Jranson?

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Mar 30 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #111

Grand Nagus

He said he would be catching up last week... however, someone has his balls in her purse, so his internet time may be restricted. He has not returned my calls... but I have on left messages on Baime Jranson's cell, because Bosh is a jackass and dropped his cell in the toilet... again! I think we will have to assign him to Cathan Narter's squad of jackassery... How does Lt. Jackass sound?

I will give him a call tonight or tomorrow...

I will add an IC after Kliko's next post... probably late tonight Pacific Time.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Mar 31 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #112

Grand Nagus

Ok, Skill Test time... lots of it!

Kliko, due to your last success on Wilderness Survival, you know Kliko and Bubba need their crampons (spikes) from here on out. The climb up that ridge was difficult, and it only gets more difficult from here on out. You also know that you guys need to make sure you are not too cold, and not too hot. Sweating is one of your worst enemies in the cold.

Ok... here are the new tests.

Kliko - make a Wilderness Survival Test for knowledge

Both - make a Body and Quickness (or Athletics at a -2)Test for exhaustion/health/ect. to effect Survival Test

Both - make Survival Tests - Kliko roll Wilderness Survival, Bubba roll Willpower.... so your rolls should look like this

Kliko - make a Wilderness Survival Test for synergy to help Bubba's Survival Test

Kliko
[ Spoiler ]

Bubba
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Mar 31 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #113

Shooting Target

[ Spoiler ]

Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Athletics check:
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Wilderness Survival Synergy check:
[ Spoiler ]

All in all not bad. We might even make it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/eek.gif)

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Apr 1 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #114

Grand Nagus

Go ahead and feel free to post IC.... these rolls were for future use (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotate.gif)

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Apr 1 2009, 06:11 AM
Post #115

Shooting Target

SneakyJoe is up next. I will post after him.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Apr 1 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #116

Grand Nagus

Ok, Kliko - Your first roll, Wilderness Survival Knowledge Test:
[ Spoiler ]

The other rolls were for a Survival Test, which is normally done daily, which is retarded. I will have you guys do this periodically. There is a modifier for exertion/extended travel (Target: Wasteland, pg 106). Your Body and Athletics/Quickness Tests are used to reduce this modifier, which will increase with time, fatigue and difficulty of terrain.

Because I am doing this test every hour or two, I will max damage at 2 to 3 boxes on a fail (dependent on conditions) and 1 box on one success and 0 damage on multiple successes.

Kliko's Survival Test:
[ Spoiler ]

I still need Bubba's checks.

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Apr 2 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #117

Shooting Target

You Bastard! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

How much rest do the characters have to take in order to retreive the stun box?

Is it possible to reduce the tn of the fatigue test by managing the characters pace through the biomonitor/image link?

I don't have a copy of Target: Wastelands... approach looks workable though. In such conditions you have to eat and drink continouesly to keep going (I can tell you from personal experience that becomes quite tiresome at a rate of 1 energybar per 10 minutes for a period of 24 hours)

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Apr 2 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #118

Grand Nagus

I will reduce your target numbers with your bio thingy.... i did not take that into account last time.

Since you have rations and water, I gave you the modifier for it. I will a list of the modifiers.

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Apr 2 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #119

Moving Target

Here we go!

Body check:
[ Spoiler ]

Quickness check:
[ Spoiler ]

Willpower check:
[ Spoiler ]

Only the GM knows!

I went ahead and posted at each time intervol... hope I followed the evetns correctly.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Apr 2 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #120

Grand Nagus

Usually I will stack one post with two or three time intervals if there may not be much but a little rp in one. That way, I can get to the point where I think your character actions are needed, but still let you guys jump into the middle somewhere if you have something pertinent, or comedic, to add. Feel free to post at any of the intervals, but you dont have to.

Bubba's Wilderness Survival Test:
[ Spoiler ]

Rest to recover stun.

The book says a full 8 hours inside a climate controlled environment. However, that is basing these tests on a once a day. So I say to reduce to zero, you will have to be sheltered, at least in a tent or structure of sorts.

If you have a few boxes, 30-60 minutes rest will knock off the first one or two (dependent on conditions), then an 30-60 minutes sheltered/rest for each additional box.

If you hit Serious, it would be best to rest and get warm ASAP.

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Apr 3 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #121

Shooting Target

Ok, we best take a 30 minute rest at Hidden Valley (which is relatively sheltered) hydrate and get some food into our system (there better not be any hibernating bears under these heaps of snow - best check with the thermo). Until now we had it easy, from now on the going gets really tough.

I will put up on IC-post when I'm back from work this evening.

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Apr 3 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #122

Shooting Target

Keith,

Kliko is really fine with Bubba his improvised shelter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) as long as he stays clear of basketweaving they should be fine. Can you edit your post accordingly?

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Apr 3 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #123

Moving Target

Does that work for you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif)

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Apr 3 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #124

Shooting Target

Make some room in there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/eek.gif) Kliko is coming in!

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Apr 4 2009, 05:03 AM
Post #125

Grand Nagus

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

Good stinkin! Bonus Karma point each guys! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

However, can you edit your times.... I am sure it took more than 18 seconds to build the fort Bubba! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/eek.gif)

Ok, so I know that is the time you started, so Bubba's post is fine, but Kliko can you edit your time to be around 20 minutes afterward.... assuming you helped him, but took your time to assure you guys didnt over exert yourselves.

QUOTE (Bastard @ Mar 31 2009, 08:43 AM) *
09:14:22 Saturday, December 03, 2061 - Hidden Valley, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 8,400 ft
Approximate Weather Conditions: 34o Fahrenheit, Overcast, 18 inches of snow, Wind 1-2 mph NNE, Wind Chill 32o Fahrenheit

Ahhh... a break from the wind. It is a bit colder down here in the shade of the mountain and trees, but the break from the wind is rewarding. It may be a bit colder, but it feels warmer here.

While the trees offer a bit of protection for you, it also protects the snow from melting and blowing away. It is at least a foot and half deep all around. There looks to be some campgrounds around here, at least by counting the odd humps of snow supported by wooden legs. If each of those would be picnic tables represents a campsite, there are twelve of them, pretty close together. There are probably fire pits buried under the snow somewhere, but by the time you dig one up and get a fire started, it will be well past time to move out.
QUOTE (Kliko @ Apr 3 2009, 03:57 PM) *
09:20:14 Saturday, December 03, 2061 - Hidden Valley, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 8,400 ft
Approximate Weather Conditions: 34o Fahrenheit, Overcast, 18 inches of snow, Wind 1-2 mph NNE, Wind Chill 32o Fahrenheit

"Hey, make some room in there... that looks much better and bigger than my own" Kliko crawls into the improvised shelter "at least we're out of the wind in here. You get some rest, I will prod you in twenty"

Oh... and you can make the degree symbol by making the lower case "o" then super scripting it with the blue A next to the Underline button. Then you can just keep quoting yourself, so you dont have to do it multiple times.

+Quote Post

167 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:30 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.