Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IC: Evolution, In Character - Epoch, Survival, Revolution Campaigns
Bastard
post Feb 11 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Grand Nagus

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,518

This post will be updated throughout the game with links to other threads and important events. Check Post #1 in the OoC for updates of characters and home rules.

IC Link
OoC Link
IC Recruitment 3
OoC Recruitment 3

Payment from Radek
Meet with Mr. Smith
Payment from Mr. Smith
Meet with Radek: Job offer for Denver: Part I Part II
Mr. & Mrs. Johnson's Denver Offer and Payment

POSTING FORMATTING
Please Follow!!!

Orange - Timestamps - Time (24-Hour:Minutes:Seconds), Date (Day Month Year) - Specific Location - City, State, etc
Dark Green - (as part of Timestamps) Weather Conditions

Bold - Character Names
Italics - Thoughts
Light Blue - Radio Transmissions - "In quotes."
Yellow - Texts - Hour:Minute TEXT MESSAGE SENT/RECEIVED [SENDER>>>RECEIVER] >>> Text message.
Light Green - Email - Hour:Minute EMAIL SENT/RECEIVED [SENDER>>>RECEIVER] >>> Email message.

This post has been edited by Bastard: Sep 27 2011, 10:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Feb 11 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,816

Bubba looks up with excitment smiles and says, "Duh... Lenny you so funny, give me dah new sampler!" Bubba moves to a table and sits, leans back in his chair, hands locked behind head, throws his feet on the table and satsifyingly gleams from ear to ear as he contemplates his menu choice.

Suddenly, Bubba sits up and grabs the table as if he just had the most amazing vision, eyes wide with excitment and shouts proudly with his new thought, "Yo Franky, you needs a sampler like dis at your donut shop, that would be somethin!" Bubba waits anxiously like a puppy begging for food for Franklin's response.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 11 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #3

Grand Nagus

11:26:22 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - East of Mt Shasta, approximately 4,000 meter elevation
V pilots the Cessna around Mount Shasta as close as she can without going inside the restricted area, which isn't very close at all. Not wanting to draw any suspicion, she takes a long scenic route through the mountain range before gradually looping back for a long flight back to the Bay Area. Usually V finds these flights relaxing, especially ones over such beautiful landscapes as Cascade Mountains. However, this mission has her on edge and the recon mission revealed nothing the team didn't already know. The one thing that was certain is that was going to take more than the three of them.

19:40:51 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The Ugly Duckling, Concord
Bubba and Franklin Delano Donut of Frank's Donuts sit at the bar of the greasy spoon diner. Going over the menu, Bubba notices something new. It's a super sampler of just about everything on the menu called the "Just Because Your Ugly, Doesn't Mean Your Not Useful Super Meal!"

Lost in the menu, Lenny surprises Bubba, "Heya buddy! Ya just gonna drool or ya gonna orda!?"

19:41:12 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Jeremy Black Oak's Apartment, Bay Point
Normally Knuckle Duster likes to be more constructive with his time, but tonight he's got his feet up on the coffee table, and plans on watching a couple trids he downloaded. He deserves the rest after a busy past couple months out of town. Duster just arrived back in the East Bay after a few big money runs in Seattle, so tonight's plan is to rest, relax and recuperate.

20:03:58 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The War Room, Martinez
The War Room bar sits in the loft of a storage warehouse, well hidden from unwanted attention. Without any outside advertisement, it's a difficult place to find, thus making it a great shadowrunner haven. The inside is lit by low wattage lights, consisting of accent lighting reflecting off the rusted aluminum sided walls and hanging over the main bar. This makes for a lot of shadows and dark corners, which is great for a discreet meeting for less than legal purposes.

Roaming Gnome sits on a pair of phone books at a booth waiting for the Relentless to return with the drinks. The Relentless is at the bar, picking up a round of drinks, hoping he can get a DNA sample from V's glass before the night is through. V should be arriving shortly with a report of her recon flight around Mount Shasta, but they already know they are going to need more than the three of them to tackle this run. Even if they are able to team back up with Knuckle Duster, that may not be enough muscle in case things go south.

20:07:22 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Outside The War Room, Martinez
V pulls her Suzuki Aurora into the broken-gated parking lot near the War Room. Its cold outside, but her armor jacket takes the brunt of the weather, as she makes her way across the lot to the stair way. She is more than a little on edge, knowing that not only is getting into Hestaby's Lodge going to extremely difficult, but they only have two more days to complete it.

19:42:01 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The Ugly Duckling, Concord
Bubba looks up with excitment smiles and says, "Duh... Lenny you so funny, give me dah new sampler!" Bubba moves to a table and sits, leans back in his chair, hands locked behind head, throws his feet on the table and satsifyingly gleams from ear to ear as he contemplates his menu choice.

Suddenly, Bubba sits up and grabs the table as if he just had the most amazing vision, eyes wide with excitment and shouts proudly with his new thought, "Yo Franky, you needs a sampler like dis at your donut shop, that would be somethin!" Bubba waits anxiously like a puppy begging for food for Franklin's response.

"I do, Bubba! Ya orda it every day. Tis called de 'Bubba Special!' It used ta be da Baker's Double Dozen, basically every ting me got...

"... Chocolate bar, chocolate bar jelly-filled, chocolate bar cream-filled, maple bar, maple bar jelly filled, maple bar cream-filled, bear claw, cream filled bear claw..." Frank's eyes start to water as he methodically, and somewhat lustfully, goes down the list.

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Feb 11 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

"Franky you didint happen to bring a donut wicha... did ya? Cause if not, after I slam da sampler I know were to go fo sum dessert."

Bubba continues to enjoy his meal and conversation with Franky and Lenny.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 12 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #5

Grand Nagus

19:42:39 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The Ugly Duckling, Concord
"Common Bubba, ya knows I gotsta get to bed so I can open da shop on time. I sall ready up late as itis. You cancha wait til 5 am?"

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Feb 17 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

"Ta Beds? You really needs to make you shop 24/7... think of the business you would haves Franky? I mean ya can always counts on Bubba!"

Bubba then grabs Franklin in a friendly manner and proceeds to give him a noogie.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 18 2009, 01:32 AM
Post #7

Grand Nagus

19:44:03 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The Ugly Duckling, Concord
"Hey knock dat off, Bubba!"

Frank pulls away and warns him, half-jokingly, "If ya does dat again, ya ain't eva gonna git the free day-olds!"

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Feb 18 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

"Okie Franky, please dont take me donuts away... sometimes its all the love me has..." Bubba holds back a tear...

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 18 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #9

Grand Nagus

19:44:44 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The Ugly Duckling, Concord

In an attempt to comfort, Franky puts his arm on the big troll's back and tells him, "Not ta worry dere Bubba, ya always git da day-olds... eider dat or dey go to da trash."

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Feb 19 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Bubba perks up, and yells, "bartender round of drinks for me pal Franky here and me-self." When the bottles of rum arrrive Bubba grabs one lifts it high into the air while looking at Franklin and exclaims, "to da day-olds." Bubba waits for Franklin to lift his bottle also and then chugs the rum bottle to empitness.

+Quote Post
Jaruen
post Feb 19 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 6,934

Jeremy pops the top on his favorite beverage in the whole world, IBC hard Root Beer. He turns on his PC, hits the 'Relentless Special' that Aeron wrote up for him for whenever he does his 'second job' work, and logs on to check his account balances. Satisfied that all is golden for the next little bit, he shuts down his second firewall and begins surfing local news, just to catch himself up on what is what, and to start working out details for any alibi he might need. As ojisan Shinjiro always said, work hard on the details, and the main business takes care of itself...well, always muttered it to himself anyways.

Then, he calls up DVCs SFSU extension page, to begin plotting his next semester. The 6-month sabatical he took was nice, but he really needs to finish up his Engineering degree. Two, maybe three semesters left to go, and he would have his degree.

After about a half-hour though, he realizes he is staring at the screen and accomplishing nothing at all. He thinks about it for a half-second, then decides he just needs to walk, to clear his head and work through all the details of his last run. He throws on his secure coat, stuffs his taser, straps on his 'hawk, and heads out. Obviously, he isn't going anywhere 'classy' tonight

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 19 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #12

Grand Nagus

20:10:36 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The War Room, Martinez
V scans the bar for her comrads. They should be here already, seeing that she is ten minutes late for the meet. After a third scan of the warehouse loft, she finally spots the micro figure of the gnome in the shadows. She lets out an audible laugh when she notices RG is sitting on a pair of phone books. First things first, V grabs a drink at the bar before heading over and sliding into the booth occupied by The Relentless and RG.

"Bout time chummer," The Relentless taps his cheap watch, to he lets V know his dissatisfaction. "Whats your excuse this time."

"Jet lag."

"You call that thing a jet!? Its closer to a paper airplane than a jet," RG points out.

Changing the subject, either to protect her Cessna or due to the importance of the job, V tells the team what they already know. "We are going to need more than the three of us."

"Yes, we know. We have been discussing that for the past fifteen minutes or so," The Relentless kindly points out. "We called Jaxx while you were at the bar."

"He said he might be able to get us a couple of razor guys," RG interjects, "and Knuckle Duster might be back in town."

"Well, we don't have much time. When are we to meet these guys?"

"I told Jaxx it was urgent, so those are the guys he thinks he can get here tonight, so I guess we continue to wait here."

20:12:12 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Outside Jeremy Black Oak's Apartment, Bay Point
Knuckle Duster is saddling up on the large Harley Davidson when his cell goes off. He notices its Jaxx's number, which fits his plans perfectly. Nothing more relaxing than a good run.

He answers to hear Jaxx's loud and excitable voice, "Heya, Dusta!? Your old team needs some help on a run. They didn't know you were in town, so I told Relentful that I would give ya a call, chumma."

20:18:51 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The Ugly Duckling, Concord
Frank pats his stomach after a hearty meal... well snack. He lets out a loud belch that Bubba matches, followed by a good hearty laugh, emphasized by snorts.

"Hey Bubba, I think dats yer phone ringin."

Bubba answers his cell to find its the annoying Jaxx on the line. "Hey there Bubba! You up for a job? It's kinda time sensitive, so the guys wanna meet tonight. You interested, chumma!?"

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Feb 20 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

"Hi jah JAXX, right nows? Is dis the big one you've been promisin me? Well, throw in a box of donuts and ill meet dem tonight... I need the details... location, address, any scoop or heads up on dah job... uh hang on a sec..."

Bubba looks around the resturaunt realizing he has not been talking soflty and noticing a lot of stares he quickly lays some cash on the table to cover Franklin's and his meal, turns to Franklin and Lenny and says, "Tis been good chummers, duty calls and I needs me sum cash to keep yous boys in business..." Bubba then pats Franklin on the back and heads out the door to his chopper while resuming his conversation with JAXX.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 20 2009, 07:00 AM
Post #14

Grand Nagus

20:20:15 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Outside the Ugly Duckling, Concord
"My contact told me it's ASAP. It looks to be larger than your average run. I set these...," the fixer is left hanging while Bubba pays his bill.

Once he has the giant's short attention again, Jaxx continues, "...Well, like I was saying, chumma. I set this team up with a job a couple of days ago, but after doing some recon, they think they are going to need a bit more help. I don't know the details, chumma, but they are sittin at the War Room in Martinez, right now. Ask for the Relentless' table. They will fill ya in, Bubba."

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Feb 20 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

"Okie JAXX." Bubba fires up the Harley, "Ima on me ways nows and make sure Tubbs got dat box of donuts waiting for me tamarrows mornings." Bubba cruises to his new destination feeling the cool breeze and hanging his tongue out his mouth, his mind turns to the excitment of another pay check and another adventure.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 21 2009, 01:43 AM
Post #16

Grand Nagus

20:20:39 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Jaxx's Hideout, Unknown Location
After Bubba accepts the job, "Alright I am sending the directions to your cell... and the donuts are your business, not mine, chumma!"

Jaxx ends that call and dials Relentless' number.

+Quote Post
Jaruen
post Feb 21 2009, 04:17 AM
Post #17

Target

Member No.: 6,934

Duster grimmaces quickly, then kicks up the throttle really quickly, drowning out the last few seconds of Jaxx' spiel. He keeps this up for a couple of seconds, then drops the throttle back down, and speaks up, "Well, well, if it isn't my gooooood buddy Jaxx. How is it that everytime I am wondering how I am going to pay for my Nutri-Soy Brunner for the day, let alone my rent, you are unreachable, yet as soon as my accounts get the slightest bit flushed, you have work for me?" With a very long, melodramatic sigh, Duster continues, "Alright, I'll help you out on this one, Jaxx. Again. You said it was Relentless and his crew?" As he says this, Duster cringes a little on the inside. When did I stop being part of their crew? Man, just a few years, and so much has changed. Ah well, it will be good to hook up with the old buddies.. Jaxx seems to know all his people very well, as he just sits through Duster's reminiscing. Duster pops out of it, and finishes up, "At the old hang-out, right? I think I can still find my way there. Although this is a new phone, and I am ashamed to say I don't have my old team's numbers on memory. Call them, let them know I am on my way? Thanks Jaxx, and for more than the nuyen." Knuckle-Duster kills the connection, calls up a mental map of the location, and hits the accelerator

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 21 2009, 07:26 AM
Post #18

Grand Nagus

20:12:49 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Outside Jeremy Black Oak's Apartment, Bay Point
"They will be waitin' on ya Dusta! I am sending directions to your phone. Enjoy the work, chumma!"

20:20:55 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Jaxx's Hideout, Unknown Location
"Heya Relentless. I gotcha two guys headin' to ya. You know Duster, then I also got a big boy for ya. A giant by the name of Bubba. I am also waitin' on a couple callbacks. I don't know if I can find you another magic user, but I left a message for Sparkles."

"Okay, thanks Jaxx." The Relentless quickly hangs up, probably setting a world record for the shortest phone call with Jaxx.

20:25:01 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Thunderdome, Martinez
Trolling 4 Your Mother ends their set with their heaviest jam, "Fraggin' Loud!" During the short intermission before the headliner, Orcasm, takes the stage, Kliko decides it would be a good time to drain the bladder. Stepping into the latrine, the volume of the music and the bar fade out, and Kliko hears his cell beep, indicating he has a voice mail. Seeing that the message is from Jaxx, Kliko contemplates whether or not to answer. He could use the work, but he has been waiting for months to hear Orcasm. Might as well check the voice mail, just to see what's up?

"Heya Kliko!," sounds Jaxx's overzealous voice. "I got a team that has a job that they think is gonna require a bit more help. Gimme a ring if ya want to meet em, chumma."

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Feb 23 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,403

20:26:41 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Thunderdome, Martinez

Kliko emerges from the Dome's catacombes as the intermezzo start rolling back and forth through the Dome's superstructure. 'What else to expect other than crap coverage from the expendable cell phones he used nowadays?'. Looking for the bare minimum in signal strenght he starts making his way through the crowd, him and about every other damned punk-ass meta around. Fuck hell, he dwarfed compared to the rest of them lot.

His connectivity re-gained at about the same time Orcasm made their appearance on stage, "Jaxx, Kliko here!" as he yelled at his phone to make himself out... around him hell broke lose as the welcoming rifts and holo-rays of elemental mayhem hit the already over-excited crowd. Kliko would have to resort to texting instead...

While the mass around him started flashing their tusks and 'moving' in-line with the rhytm and beats, Kliko prepared a short text-message before slotting the phone in his datajack: "Always ready to rock chummer, looking forward to schedules and stuff"

It wasn't much, but it had to do for now as Orcasm latest hit-record whipped the already excited crowd into a primordial frenzy. Kliko would just have to check-up in a few more minutes.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 23 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #20

Grand Nagus

20:27:15 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Thunderdome, Martinez
A return text comes pretty quickly reading, "They are already at the War Room, not too far from your location. If youre interested, I will transfer the directions."

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Feb 23 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #21

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,403

20:31:01 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Thunderdome, Martinez

Kliko emerged from the pit 5 minutes later, soaked in sweat, blood trickling from his left tusk. Damned Jaxx better put in a pair of extra tickets to make this worthwhile while Kliko made his way outside. As soon as the signal strength picked up he returned the call

"Yeah, me here. Sorry about breaking the connection. There was some background noise I had to take care of first. Uhuh, I understand yeah. No, no, yes I'm interested for sure good contact/bad contact you say? Solid crew? Well toss in a pair of tickets for Orcasm's next gig and you got a deal.

Uhuh, no I will make it. ETA in.... 10.14 minutes sharp."

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 23 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #22

Grand Nagus

20:31:03 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - Thunderdome, Martinez
"Nah Klik, this crew has been workin' for me 'bout 5 or 6 years now. I set them up on a job last weekend, and it looks to be bigger than expected, chumma. They probably been scoutin' it out all week, so I got this request from them about 45 minutes ago. All I know is that they are lookin' to cut some more guys in on the deal. You'll wanna meet with the Relentless at the War Room ASAP. I will let em know you're commin'.
"Oh... and Kliko... You'll have to take up the nuyen... and the Orgasm tickets with him, chumma. Directions are on their way to your phone. Good doin' business with ya, chumma."

20:31:44 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The War Room, Martinez
The Relentless picks up his phone to hear the loud voice of the team's fixer.
"Heya, Relent!"
"Yes, Jaxx. what's up? Got us another mage?"
"Nah, but I gotcha another beefy razor guy. This guy's an ork, who may or may not have a lot of military training. If its not formal, he must of picked all these talents from a militia or somethin."
"Ok, Jaxx..."
"Yeah, like I was sayin, chumma. You may not need another mage with these two brutes I'm sendin. I hope..."
"Jaxx! What is his name!"
"Oh, yeah... sorry Relent. You know Bubba's on his way, and this one is called Kliko. They should be there shortly."
"Alright, bye..."
"Relentless?"
"Yes, Jaxx!"
"Ya do know that you're gonna have to cut me another 10% right."
"Huh?"
"My normal fee. Radek already hit me up for the first meet, this one is on you, chumma."
"Oh?... Alright..."
"Don't worry chumma, I know you guys are good for it."
"Total right? Not each."
"Yeah, total. You never been on this side of the deal, have ya chumma? I remember one of my first..."
"Ok, ok, ok Jaxx, I have to go. I will have your money middle of next week."

The Relentless finally hangs up the phone and looks up to find the silent stares of his companions. "What?"

"I just usually hang up," RG says quietly.

"Why don't you guys take a seat else where in the bar. You know, watch my back. Oh and go let the bartender know where to send people when they come looking for the Relentless."

20:38:38 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The War Room, Martinez
Bubba walks into the warehouse loft called the War Room. Towering over the crowd, the giant admires the aphotic bar, looking for an employee, who could direct him to "Mr. the Relentless's" table. He sees a couple people behind the bar, and guesses they could be staff members.

20:40:07 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The War Room, Martinez
Knuckle Duster enters the darkened War Room. Besides the lack of light, the large crowd makes it hard to find where his team is located. Taking a loop around the bar, he finally runs into Aerun, sitting alone in a booth.

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Feb 24 2009, 05:27 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Bubba struts to the bar and points at the bartender, with a thundering voice, "Hey yous, Barkeep... I be lookin for da Relentless, where woulds I findim!"

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Feb 24 2009, 06:28 AM
Post #24

Grand Nagus

20:40:05 Thursday, December 01, 2061 - The War Room, Martinez
The bartender stumbles back, startled by the sudden appearance of a troll's giant finger in his face and the booming sound blast of his question. The half made cocktail in his hand falls to the ground, shattering behind the bar, causing an obvious safety hazard. All conversations at the bar and surrounding tables seize, as an uncomfortable silence falls upon the center of the bar. Staff and patrons alike turn and stare with wide and unblinking eyes at the giant and the staggering bartender, who has now slipped and fallen on said safety hazard. The silence turns into hysterical laughter at the expense of the embarrassed bartender sitting on his ass in a pool of long island iced tea, or something.

Coming to Bubba's aid, another bartender points him out to the booth occupied by the Relentless.

+Quote Post
SneakyJoeKDB
post Feb 24 2009, 07:09 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Bubba chuckles in amusement and struts, moving for no one who may be in his path, over to the booth in which he was directed. Without waiting for an invitation Bubba plops into the seat across, from whom he believes is, the Relentless.

"Names Bubba, I hears you needs me to smash somethin..." Bubba grins, amused by his own playful bantor.

+Quote Post

63 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:23 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.