Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quebec, Help! Where can I find stuff?
Bashfull
post Feb 20 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,374

One of the players in my upcoming campaign wants to play a French Canadian character. I recall reading about Quebec somewhere, but I can't remember where (and I don't own the book). I've just spent money buying Cyberpirates because two of the other players want characters from the Caribbean League: it's costing me a fortune providing background info to my players. Where would I find out anything (especially up-to-date stuff) on Quebec?

Yours bashfully
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nath
post Feb 20 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

Neo-anarchist Guide to North America and Shadows of North America. Passing mentions in write-ups on Cross Applied Technologies don't really qualify. None of those is up to date. There are no data that I can remember past 2062.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Feb 20 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #3

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Bounty hunting. Cross. The Seraphim. Anit-Anglophone sentiment. Cross dies. The Seraphim go to <information deleted>. And bounty hunting comes to Chicago.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Feb 20 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #4

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

Why are YOU buying books for THEIR characters? You need to renegociate your position, chummer.

+Quote Post
Bashfull
post Feb 20 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (Backgammon @ Feb 20 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Why are YOU buying books for THEIR characters? You need to renegociate your position, chummer.

Well, because I care. I'm trying to generate a bit of excitement and also trying to encourage them to have a bit of depth to their characters. I might go lightly with the Quebecois because the characters that are up-and-ready have so much background, I'm not sure it'll ever all get addressed. Not every French Canadian is a separatist, and maybe this guy will just be French. Easier if I don't buy the book, I suppose.

+Quote Post
AWOL_Seraphim
post Feb 20 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 16,832

Hello,

I don't know how reliable it is but I used the Sixth World Wiki (wiki.dumpshock.com) in addition to the general timeline to write my own "half-homemade" Quebec. (I also used input from fellow dumpshockers to adapt it to my tastes. Hello, Kanada Ten! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) From what I understand it was pretty accurate. There is not a LOT of info, but enough to see the big picture.

I hope it helps!

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Feb 20 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #7

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

QUOTE (Bashfull @ Feb 20 2009, 05:57 PM) *
Well, because I care. I'm trying to generate a bit of excitement and also trying to encourage them to have a bit of depth to their characters.

Those are some highly apathetic players. Time to look for new players man.

+Quote Post
Bashfull
post Feb 21 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

I don't know about apathetic. More like, they don't want to spend $10 to get a little bit of background for their characters. For "I care", perhaps I should have written, "I'm slightly obsessive". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

They're a great group, in fairness to them. All professionals (doctor, psychiatrist, teacher, photocopier salesman) and most have kids, so they're free of some of the socially inept fragwhits that pervade many groups. I'm just hyper about anything I get my teeth into. Maybe I should just chill.

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Feb 21 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

Don't feel too badly. I bought all the members of my initial SR group copies of SR4 to get them hooked in with me.

All subsequent sourcebooks were on them of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:27 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.