Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quebec
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bashfull
One of the players in my upcoming campaign wants to play a French Canadian character. I recall reading about Quebec somewhere, but I can't remember where (and I don't own the book). I've just spent money buying Cyberpirates because two of the other players want characters from the Caribbean League: it's costing me a fortune providing background info to my players. Where would I find out anything (especially up-to-date stuff) on Quebec?

Yours bashfully
Nath
Neo-anarchist Guide to North America and Shadows of North America. Passing mentions in write-ups on Cross Applied Technologies don't really qualify. None of those is up to date. There are no data that I can remember past 2062.
Kanada Ten
Bounty hunting. Cross. The Seraphim. Anit-Anglophone sentiment. Cross dies. The Seraphim go to <information deleted>. And bounty hunting comes to Chicago.
Backgammon
Why are YOU buying books for THEIR characters? You need to renegociate your position, chummer.
Bashfull
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Feb 20 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Why are YOU buying books for THEIR characters? You need to renegociate your position, chummer.

Well, because I care. I'm trying to generate a bit of excitement and also trying to encourage them to have a bit of depth to their characters. I might go lightly with the Quebecois because the characters that are up-and-ready have so much background, I'm not sure it'll ever all get addressed. Not every French Canadian is a separatist, and maybe this guy will just be French. Easier if I don't buy the book, I suppose.
AWOL_Seraphim
Hello,

I don't know how reliable it is but I used the Sixth World Wiki (wiki.dumpshock.com) in addition to the general timeline to write my own "half-homemade" Quebec. (I also used input from fellow dumpshockers to adapt it to my tastes. Hello, Kanada Ten! smile.gif ) From what I understand it was pretty accurate. There is not a LOT of info, but enough to see the big picture.

I hope it helps!
Backgammon
QUOTE (Bashfull @ Feb 20 2009, 05:57 PM) *
Well, because I care. I'm trying to generate a bit of excitement and also trying to encourage them to have a bit of depth to their characters.

Those are some highly apathetic players. Time to look for new players man.
Bashfull
I don't know about apathetic. More like, they don't want to spend $10 to get a little bit of background for their characters. For "I care", perhaps I should have written, "I'm slightly obsessive". smile.gif

They're a great group, in fairness to them. All professionals (doctor, psychiatrist, teacher, photocopier salesman) and most have kids, so they're free of some of the socially inept fragwhits that pervade many groups. I'm just hyper about anything I get my teeth into. Maybe I should just chill.
Wesley Street
Don't feel too badly. I bought all the members of my initial SR group copies of SR4 to get them hooked in with me.

All subsequent sourcebooks were on them of course. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012