Reply to this topicStart new topic
> question on Area of effect
greylotus
post Mar 5 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,944

Ok...I was recently browsing my 4th e cannon book and looking at spells. The spell i am referencing for this thread are the Detect life (active area) and the detect life, extended (active, extended area)

Now the DV for the extended spell is f /2 +2 vs f/2 for the non extended version.

My question concerns the extended area part as i cannot find any references to what extended areas are and how they effect spells anywhere. Not the back of the book, not the description of the spell, Not even in either description of what area of effect is.

My question then is what EXACTLY does a extended area spell do? Could someone please explain this and provide a reference of sort if at all possible? Much thanks in advance guys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dakka Dakka
post Mar 5 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Member No.: 16,582

QUOTE ('SR4 p. 198')
Range: The standard sensory range for a Detection spell is the caster’s Force x Magic in meters. For extended range Detection spells, the effective range of the new sense is Force x Magic x 10 meters. Note that any of the standard range spells listed below may be learned with an extended range instead (adding +2 DV).

+Quote Post
greylotus
post Mar 6 2009, 01:26 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 16,944

thank you!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:21 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.