> More cyberware on the market!
Starmage21
post Mar 5 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,448

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...s-darkness.html

Pretty awesome! How long until the implant sends images to the brain that are 100% equal to the images produced by the eye? How long until the images are better than what the eye can produce?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TBRMInsanity
post Mar 5 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 8,494

I remember seeing a prototype for this about 2 years ago (back then the camera was side mounted to the glasses and the image processor was in a backpack). I think within 10 years we could see the whole thing contained within the eye and there won't be a need for associated glasses. In about 15 years they may even be able to replicate colour, and in 25 years they may be able to have fully functional cybereyes (ala SR).

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Mar 5 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

I heard by 2012 we should have commercially available contact lenses that would have HUD displays. Saw it on a science show on like KERA or something; I don't know where to get a website for it.

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Mar 5 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,537

I wonder about the power source, you know real life isn't Shadowrun where unlimited energy is aviable and implants run on body's own elettrical field.

+Quote Post
TBRMInsanity
post Mar 5 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 8,494

QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Mar 5 2009, 11:11 AM) *
I wonder about the power source, you know real life isn't Shadowrun where unlimited energy is aviable and implants run on body's own elettrical field.

It would totally suck if you forgot to charge your eyes and you went blind in the middle of traffic.

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Mar 5 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,537

QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ Mar 5 2009, 06:54 PM) *
It would totally suck if you forgot to charge your eyes and you went blind in the middle of traffic.

QFT

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:55 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.