Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More cyberware on the market!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Starmage21
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...s-darkness.html

Pretty awesome! How long until the implant sends images to the brain that are 100% equal to the images produced by the eye? How long until the images are better than what the eye can produce?
TBRMInsanity
I remember seeing a prototype for this about 2 years ago (back then the camera was side mounted to the glasses and the image processor was in a backpack). I think within 10 years we could see the whole thing contained within the eye and there won't be a need for associated glasses. In about 15 years they may even be able to replicate colour, and in 25 years they may be able to have fully functional cybereyes (ala SR).
Neraph
I heard by 2012 we should have commercially available contact lenses that would have HUD displays. Saw it on a science show on like KERA or something; I don't know where to get a website for it.
AllTheNothing
I wonder about the power source, you know real life isn't Shadowrun where unlimited energy is aviable and implants run on body's own elettrical field.
TBRMInsanity
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Mar 5 2009, 11:11 AM) *
I wonder about the power source, you know real life isn't Shadowrun where unlimited energy is aviable and implants run on body's own elettrical field.

It would totally suck if you forgot to charge your eyes and you went blind in the middle of traffic.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ Mar 5 2009, 06:54 PM) *
It would totally suck if you forgot to charge your eyes and you went blind in the middle of traffic.

QFT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012