IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wall Space ARE, Is it SR version of gadgets/widgets/Google desktop.
TBRMInsanity
post Mar 5 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,494

From a purely flavour point of view, (ie I'm not intending it to be used to give my character a bonus just give him equipment that I think his personality would use day to day) could Wall Space ARE be used like gadgets/widgets/Google Desktop is used today? So my character's favourite team's score would be displayed, the weather report, latest news (ala RSS), stock market info, latest deals on archtype specific equipment (in his case cars, car assessories, and servalance equipment).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 5 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #2

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

And more.

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Mar 5 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #3

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

yes could also be use to show flat-vid on the walls and such. I use it like that plus you get a windo to anythign ect ect

+Quote Post
Zaranthan
post Mar 5 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,949

The services you've described are pretty much the definition of common matrix usage. Using an ARE suite to paint it on your apartment walls is slick, and very period.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Mar 5 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #5

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

the SR version of the magical family clock (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

and also the ultimate big screen tv, or wall of monitors, if needed.

nothing like having a intruder alarm go off and have the wall turn into the surveilance camera station (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
TBRMInsanity
post Mar 6 2009, 12:26 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 8,494

So as long as you can grab the information from another source you could technically pipe it into Wall Space for your players convenience.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:21 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.