Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UCAS Fort Knox & Louisville, looking for info
bmcoomes
post Mar 14 2009, 03:58 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,382

I've been trying to find information on Fort Knox and Louisville and I'm coming up short.

I don't want to go to much into it so I don't tip off my runners but any help would be nice.

Thanks,
Brent
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 14 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Somewhere in my mind is a small square picture of a military guard outside, and one of floating stacks of gold inside. I'm thinking one of the Neo-Anarchists Guides. Unfortunately, I don't have either of those anymore so I can't check.

However, this thread might be of use.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Mar 14 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

for outside shots, actually check out the James Bond film Goldfinger
It gives a good view of the walls, and outside the line of trees is a large park like area then another line of trees. all of which are killing fields.

Inmside it is not like the movie, the gold can't stack like that
but think of many smaller vaults off of central hauls

+Quote Post
bmcoomes
post Mar 14 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

This has nothing to do with gold. It's about the mobile armor unit I have some kewl stuff going on with my Phoenix Rising Campaign. Thanks Kanada Ten that did help it has everything I was looking for.

Thanks,
Brent

+Quote Post
kigmatzomat
post Mar 14 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

From: Louisville, KY (Well, Memphis, IN technically but you won't know where that is.)
Member No.: 7,626

This may not be what you're looking for, but I wrote a non-canon supplement for SR set in Louisville. You can get the text of it from the thread or PM me your email address and I'll send you a PDF or word doc version that includes some maps and graphics.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...p;hl=louisville

Even if you don't want to use the Louisville FTZ stuff there is material on the locals, gangs, points of interest, trouble spots, and interesting characters.

I live in Louisville and I wanted something more colorful than just another UCAS city. So I had some eco-nuts cause a movie-of-the-week cascade disaster that did a lot of physical/economic damage if not the massive loss of life you got in the Loop, mainly by ruining the I65 bridge, I64 bridge, and the 2nd Street Bridge.

The "kentuckiana" region (Louisville ky, clarksville IN, jeffersonville IN) become an economic nightmare that both KY and IN were willing to write off. This was during the U/CAS secession period where KY hadn't decided which way to go: big fish in the little CAS pond or stay with the more lucrative UCAS. The region was a giant fiscal liability and it managed to declare itself an FTZ belonging to both CAS and UCAS but not exactly part of either.

+Quote Post
bmcoomes
post Mar 14 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

that is what Kanada Ten linked me too, and it's what I needed. Thanks it great stuff, plays right into what I'm doing.

Brent

+Quote Post
kigmatzomat
post Mar 15 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

From: Louisville, KY (Well, Memphis, IN technically but you won't know where that is.)
Member No.: 7,626

If you have suggestions or things you'd like added, let me know. I kind of let it languish b/c my wife and I both changed jobs. I may have some more free time soon and if there's anything that might be better ask.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:52 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.