Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UCAS Fort Knox & Louisville
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
bmcoomes
I've been trying to find information on Fort Knox and Louisville and I'm coming up short.

I don't want to go to much into it so I don't tip off my runners but any help would be nice.

Thanks,
Brent
Kanada Ten
Somewhere in my mind is a small square picture of a military guard outside, and one of floating stacks of gold inside. I'm thinking one of the Neo-Anarchists Guides. Unfortunately, I don't have either of those anymore so I can't check.

However, this thread might be of use.
Snow_Fox
for outside shots, actually check out the James Bond film Goldfinger
It gives a good view of the walls, and outside the line of trees is a large park like area then another line of trees. all of which are killing fields.

Inmside it is not like the movie, the gold can't stack like that
but think of many smaller vaults off of central hauls
bmcoomes
This has nothing to do with gold. It's about the mobile armor unit I have some kewl stuff going on with my Phoenix Rising Campaign. Thanks Kanada Ten that did help it has everything I was looking for.

Thanks,
Brent
kigmatzomat
This may not be what you're looking for, but I wrote a non-canon supplement for SR set in Louisville. You can get the text of it from the thread or PM me your email address and I'll send you a PDF or word doc version that includes some maps and graphics.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...p;hl=louisville

Even if you don't want to use the Louisville FTZ stuff there is material on the locals, gangs, points of interest, trouble spots, and interesting characters.

I live in Louisville and I wanted something more colorful than just another UCAS city. So I had some eco-nuts cause a movie-of-the-week cascade disaster that did a lot of physical/economic damage if not the massive loss of life you got in the Loop, mainly by ruining the I65 bridge, I64 bridge, and the 2nd Street Bridge.

The "kentuckiana" region (Louisville ky, clarksville IN, jeffersonville IN) become an economic nightmare that both KY and IN were willing to write off. This was during the U/CAS secession period where KY hadn't decided which way to go: big fish in the little CAS pond or stay with the more lucrative UCAS. The region was a giant fiscal liability and it managed to declare itself an FTZ belonging to both CAS and UCAS but not exactly part of either.
bmcoomes
that is what Kanada Ten linked me too, and it's what I needed. Thanks it great stuff, plays right into what I'm doing.

Brent
kigmatzomat
If you have suggestions or things you'd like added, let me know. I kind of let it languish b/c my wife and I both changed jobs. I may have some more free time soon and if there's anything that might be better ask.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012