IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Converting first addition damage codes to 4th?
HMHVV Hunter
post Mar 20 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,840

I'm hoping to run Bottled Demon as a 4th edition adventure, but I need some help converting the 1st edition damage codes - specifically, when the damage isn't caused by a weapon.

Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HappyDaze
post Mar 20 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,669

What is the source of the damage? Even if it hasn't been directly converted, something similar probably has been.

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post Mar 20 2009, 03:45 AM
Post #3

Running Target

The examples I've found:

-Dehydration damage from waiting in a hot and dry place - 6S2 Fatigue damage
-Damage sustained when a character is forcibly separated from a magical object they've become "addicted" to - 6D1 Stun attack

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post Mar 20 2009, 03:45 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,337

I'd just eyeball it. If the gun in the SR1 book is in SR4, just look at the code.

A quick rule of thumb, I'd translate(gun-wise):

Light Pistols/HoldOuts: 4P
Heavy Pistols/SMGs: 5P
Assault Rifles: 6P(Also the Ruger Super Warhawk)
Sniper Rifles: 8P-9P
Sport Rifles: 7P-8P

Melee is half Strength plus a modifier. Sword is Str/2+3, for example, so a 3 Strength person would do 5P damage.

Also, there is Armor Penetration for certain weapons, but that's listed in the SR4 book as well.

EDIT: In the cases above, I might just list them as 6S(6 Stun) damage that they have to resist to make it simple, but if you wanted to try to figure it due to the Damage Code and factor it in, the 6D stun might be a 6 Stun attack, and the 6S Stun might be 4 or 5 Stun under SR4. (I assume the Fatigue damage is Stun damage, though if it's physical, just make the first one resisting 4 Physical or something.) It's a quick and dirty way of eyeballing it, but there might be a better way of calculating.

+Quote Post
HappyDaze
post Mar 20 2009, 03:55 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,669

-Dehydration damage from waiting in a hot and dry place - 6S2 Fatigue damage

Rules for this are found in SR4A, page 137.
-Damage sustained when a character is forcibly separated from a magical object they've become "addicted" to - 6D1 Stun attack

Use the rules for Focus Addiction (Street Magic) with the level starting at Severe and progressing to Burnout at an appropriate time.

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post Mar 20 2009, 03:59 AM
Post #6

Running Target

As far as the first one, I don't have SR4A, just a Fanpro edition of the core book. Is it in there too?

Planning on buying Street Magic soon though, so that should be resolved in a short time.

+Quote Post
Caadium
post Mar 20 2009, 04:07 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,646

Take a look at "Using Survival" on pg 118. It might give you what you need.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 12:13 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.