IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> this ones for the ghouls, is this thriller?
Red-ROM
post Mar 20 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,787

ok, my Runners are heading into an abandoned warehouse full of ghouls. I read their description in the BBB and thought"they don't have the critter power Infection, so they must not be contagious." now I read Runner's companion, and the disease seems nigh unstoppable!

they have to roll body vs. 8, and if he doesn't get 8 hits, he loses 0.1 essence, and the remaining power of the disease carries over to the next test (10 test minimum). after losing 1 point of essence, their a ghoul.

half the group has a body of 3, and the mage would be screwed. Do I just Ignore this? or hope nobody gets bit in the fight? I don't think the players want an all ghoul party.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Mar 20 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

arsenal has rules for vaccines. it has been canon that there is a vaccine, and has been one for some time. i recommend you look up the rules for that, and you should be good to go... nobody *has* to turn into a ghoul, provided they have the nuyen for it (or can trade for it in some other way).

since you're the GM, and therefore ultimately in charge of deciding just how accessible the vaccine is, you can offer them an escape from turning into a ghoul. problem solved.

+Quote Post
Chrysalis
post Mar 20 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 2,048

You could have it involve dozens of shots and a chance that they get a changeling trait.

Remember ghouls should be feared. And not for their bark either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Starmage21
post Mar 20 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,448

yep, HMHVV III (Kreiger Strain) is curable before the transformation is complete!

+Quote Post
Red-ROM
post Mar 21 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,787

hey, thanks, arsenal huh, I guess i wasn't done cross-referencing.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Mar 21 2009, 03:38 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

Umm... They could not get hit also. Not coming into contact = much less chance of infection.

Hazmat suits also.

+Quote Post
Method
post Mar 21 2009, 04:46 AM
Post #7

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

Which book says there is a vaccine?

Red-ROM: you could always use this encounter as a segue into an second adventure where in a street doc offers to cure them if they can accomplish some goal before time runs out...

+Quote Post
TBRMInsanity
post Mar 21 2009, 05:40 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 8,494

What happens to partial transformations? Are they considered ghouls or metahumans with ghoulish traits?

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Mar 21 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ Mar 21 2009, 12:40 AM) *
What happens to partial transformations? Are they considered ghouls or metahumans with ghoulish traits?

They're considered metahumans with some need for Essence-refueling genetweaks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:09 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.