IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Color Treatment for other Core Rulebooks
Color Treatment for other Core Rulebooks
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 44
Guests cannot vote 
Wizard
post Mar 31 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,114

I love the color and layout of SR4A. I would like to see the other core rulebooks, Arsenal, Augmentation, Runner's Companion, Street Magic and Unwired get the same full color treatment. I would be quite happy to re-purchase them if this happened, just wondering if others felt the same.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Apr 1 2009, 02:13 AM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

I've bitched enough that 4th ed is just a money grab. so my view shouldn't surprise nayone who's been paying attention but seriously, if you just hselled out more big bucks for the 4th ed books are you truly going to do it all over again for pretty pictures? Please? If you want to just give your money away pick a nice charity.

+Quote Post
silva
post Apr 1 2009, 02:29 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,968

I really would like to see the new Seattle 2072 Sourcebook receive the same gorgeous treatment of anniversary edition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Apr 1 2009, 02:34 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

If they gave other core books the SR4A treatment, it would probably include another round of ill-conceived rules changes, so I would pass. After the debacle that is SR4A, I am probably going to be purchasing SR4 products a lot less often.

+Quote Post
TBRMInsanity
post Apr 1 2009, 03:05 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 8,494

If I don't have the book already and they come out with a new addition (possibly with Errata from the original) then I would buy the new book. Otherwise if I already own the material I'm not going to buy it again till the next version comes out.

+Quote Post
Wizard
post Apr 2 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 8,114

QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Apr 1 2009, 01:13 PM) *
I've bitched enough that 4th ed is just a money grab. so my view shouldn't surprise nayone who's been paying attention but seriously, if you just hselled out more big bucks for the 4th ed books are you truly going to do it all over again for pretty pictures? Please? If you want to just give your money away pick a nice charity.
Well in my case I currently only have Shadowrun in PDF format. My printouts look just as good as the B&W books so I didn't end up buying the books. I have pre-ordered the SR4 Anniversary as it would end up costing me more to print in color than to buy the actual book. Yeah, I really do appreciate the 'pretty' pictures and improved layout.

Another angle on all this is that to attract all those D&D 4e players out there who are used to color books I believe Shadowrun needs to go in the same direction. Presentation is an important factor, no matter how good the contents are.

Catalyst is my favorite charity (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . After all I am helping support the poor game developers that give me great material that I have no time to do myself.

+Quote Post
ornot
post Apr 2 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 8,638

I don't have the disposable income to buy all the books again, as pretty as they undoubtably would be.

I don't even intend to buy SR4A, although I will print out the errata, and, assuming there is space, annotate my old BBB. I already use a lot of houserules, so whether I implement the new rules or not will depend on how my group feels.

+Quote Post
darthmord
post Apr 2 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 11,548

I'd love to see all the core books get the same treatment... perhaps when they are up for a new printing of a core book.

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Apr 2 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

I'm happy with my black and white tomes but I could see myself giving my older ones to newer Shadowrun players in my group (who would say 'no' to joining us when you get free stuff?) and replacing those with full color versions.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:58 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.