Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Color Treatment for other Core Rulebooks
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wizard
I love the color and layout of SR4A. I would like to see the other core rulebooks, Arsenal, Augmentation, Runner's Companion, Street Magic and Unwired get the same full color treatment. I would be quite happy to re-purchase them if this happened, just wondering if others felt the same.
Snow_Fox
I've bitched enough that 4th ed is just a money grab. so my view shouldn't surprise nayone who's been paying attention but seriously, if you just hselled out more big bucks for the 4th ed books are you truly going to do it all over again for pretty pictures? Please? If you want to just give your money away pick a nice charity.
silva
I really would like to see the new Seattle 2072 Sourcebook receive the same gorgeous treatment of anniversary edition. biggrin.gif
Glyph
If they gave other core books the SR4A treatment, it would probably include another round of ill-conceived rules changes, so I would pass. After the debacle that is SR4A, I am probably going to be purchasing SR4 products a lot less often.
TBRMInsanity
If I don't have the book already and they come out with a new addition (possibly with Errata from the original) then I would buy the new book. Otherwise if I already own the material I'm not going to buy it again till the next version comes out.
Wizard
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Apr 1 2009, 01:13 PM) *
I've bitched enough that 4th ed is just a money grab. so my view shouldn't surprise nayone who's been paying attention but seriously, if you just hselled out more big bucks for the 4th ed books are you truly going to do it all over again for pretty pictures? Please? If you want to just give your money away pick a nice charity.
Well in my case I currently only have Shadowrun in PDF format. My printouts look just as good as the B&W books so I didn't end up buying the books. I have pre-ordered the SR4 Anniversary as it would end up costing me more to print in color than to buy the actual book. Yeah, I really do appreciate the 'pretty' pictures and improved layout.

Another angle on all this is that to attract all those D&D 4e players out there who are used to color books I believe Shadowrun needs to go in the same direction. Presentation is an important factor, no matter how good the contents are.

Catalyst is my favorite charity wink.gif . After all I am helping support the poor game developers that give me great material that I have no time to do myself.
ornot
I don't have the disposable income to buy all the books again, as pretty as they undoubtably would be.

I don't even intend to buy SR4A, although I will print out the errata, and, assuming there is space, annotate my old BBB. I already use a lot of houserules, so whether I implement the new rules or not will depend on how my group feels.
darthmord
I'd love to see all the core books get the same treatment... perhaps when they are up for a new printing of a core book.
Wesley Street
I'm happy with my black and white tomes but I could see myself giving my older ones to newer Shadowrun players in my group (who would say 'no' to joining us when you get free stuff?) and replacing those with full color versions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012