Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Viva La Revolucion: the New Revolutionaries, Recuiting
Zombayz
post Apr 12 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,683

Ok, time for my first PbP game that I've run. Recruitment is open for two or three players.

The basic idea. Barrens punks, the low of the low, want to make a change, and realize even if they all get SINs, a vote doesn't make a damn difference. Inspired by the Black Blocks and Situationists of old, they decide it's time to take a stand.

Points will be that of average people(Approx. 250), and max cash/availibility will likely be 15000/4F(exceptions given in almost any case where it's valid). Going to feature a lot of guerilla warfare, so having food, ammo, and some gear at the start will probably be pretty important.

This was inspired by way too much beer, jam sessions, Rise Against, and a copy of Che Guevera's journal from his time in Bolivia(all but the last 2 weeks).

PLAYER SLOTS:

Kurt Travis- Crazy Guerilla
Deze- El Medico
Digital Heroin- Hacktivist
Crizh- MacGuyver the TATP Master(TATP being TetraAcetone TetraPeroxide)
crazyconscript- Bikerman 2071
Dumori- FSS(Free Spirit Support)

RESERVES:
Mickle5125
Zaranthan- WAAAAGH

Build Rules:

Approx 250 BP (I'm open to slightly more, given your backstory/character type justifies it)
Max Availibility is 4F(Once again, it is fully allowed to go higher, just check it with me first)
Any book, but Mundane characters are adivsed
15K cash(3 BP) is max(That's a hardcap: I'll give a little bit of flexibility if it's crucial to the character, so say, 2- or 3- thousand nuyen at most))
120(approximately a 3 in each stat, so average person stats) is the max to go into stats(as always, flexible)

Edit: I'll stat up any specific weapon if they are requested, though I'd ask to keep it on the low/cheap side(so things like SKSs, SVT-40s, Garands, 1911s, whatever)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 12 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

[Flavour]

It's 2071, and voting is more pointless than ever. No matter what, the poor get poorer, the rich get richer, and the little man keeps on getting stepped on.

Not any fraggin more.

You and your intrepid band of punks, misfits, and rebels have decided to say fuck it, and stick it to the Megas. You're not gonna be pushed down anymore, you're not gonna sit idly by while thousands are killed in the name of profit, while millions starve so the First World can consume what little is left of the planet.

By Black Flag and Molotov, the underclass will rise up.

Starting with You.

[/Flavour]

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Apr 12 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

As bad as I've been in the past, operational tempo at sea's given me more time than ever now to be online, and I've finally finagled my PDFs onto the network. The tone's decidedly anarchistic here, and I like it. I'm thinking a tagger turned activist, basically a mouthpiece who's got mild hacking skills so he can vandalize AR ads and such, and who's got a whole lot of misplaced anger.

That is, if you'll have me.

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 12 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ Apr 12 2009, 11:41 AM) *
As bad as I've been in the past, operational tempo at sea's given me more time than ever now to be online, and I've finally finagled my PDFs onto the network. The tone's decidedly anarchistic here, and I like it. I'm thinking a tagger turned activist, basically a mouthpiece who's got mild hacking skills so he can vandalize AR ads and such, and who's got a whole lot of misplaced anger.

That is, if you'll have me.

Of course I'll have ya DH. And if you're wanting some nice anarchist rhetoric/propaganda/truth, I'll hook you up with that too.

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Apr 12 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Zombayz @ Apr 12 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Of course I'll have ya DH. And if you're wanting some nice anarchist rhetoric/propaganda/truth, I'll hook you up with that too.

Oh I've got a head full of resources for propaganda, and a messload of anti-government conspiracy to go along with it. A lot of what this guy's going to be spouting is going to be purely bulldrek, mind you, drawn from snippets of pop-culture addled rhetoric ranging from Martin Luther King to Stalin. He's gonna be all over the map, and never quite consistent. And I'm tempted, oh so tempted, to make him an accent shifting nutter, too... used to do that with Berk, a street thug. Berk'd change accents inside of the same sentance and cofuse the hell out of people.

I'm going to get number crunching, see what comes of it.

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 12 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ Apr 12 2009, 12:14 PM) *
Oh I've got a head full of resources for propaganda, and a messload of anti-government conspiracy to go along with it. A lot of what this guy's going to be spouting is going to be purely bulldrek, mind you, drawn from snippets of pop-culture addled rhetoric ranging from Martin Luther King to Stalin. He's gonna be all over the map, and never quite consistent. And I'm tempted, oh so tempted, to make him an accent shifting nutter, too... used to do that with Berk, a street thug. Berk'd change accents inside of the same sentance and cofuse the hell out of people.

I'm going to get number crunching, see what comes of it.

Sounds good. I anxiously await the aformentioned numbers.

+Quote Post
crizh
post Apr 12 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

I've never tried a low bp campaign before but I'd be interested in giving it a try. Some sort of home-brew explosives MacGuyver type would be my first inclination. Might take me a few days to throw something together, still on holiday in Paris and won't get home till Wednesday.

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 12 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (crizh @ Apr 12 2009, 01:05 PM) *
I've never tried a low bp campaign before but I'd be interested in giving it a try. Some sort of home-brew explosives MacGuyver type would be my first inclination. Might take me a few days to throw something together, still on holiday in Paris and won't get home till Wednesday.

Sounds good. As always, I have a resource for everything, including things that go 'boom', in case you want said resources.

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Apr 12 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 14,433

Place me on the reserves list. At the moment, I find myself without enough time to participate properly in your game, but it does sound interesting to me.

+Quote Post
Kurt Travis
post Apr 12 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 17,071

One of the reserved IRL guys here. I'll likely play some sort of AK toting bearded woodsman with delusions of revolutionary grandeur, I'll see how it turns out after doing all the math and such.

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 12 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (Kurt Travis @ Apr 12 2009, 02:12 PM) *
One of the reserved IRL guys here. I'll likely play some sort of AK toting bearded woodsman with delusions of revolutionary grandeur, I'll see how it turns out after doing all the math and such.

Hey Kurt, good to see ya. I'll add ya in right now.

QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Apr 12 2009, 02:12 PM) *
Place me on the reserves list. At the moment, I find myself without enough time to participate properly in your game, but it does sound interesting to me.

Throwing you on the reserves then Mickle.

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Apr 12 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #12

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

I'm interested but I have an idea for a free spirit however I would need some more BP to have more than 35bp for all my skills. I'm wanting to play for the RP so I'll see what I can make with 35BP to spend but some more would be nice.

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 12 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (Dumori @ Apr 12 2009, 02:34 PM) *
I'm interested but I have an idea for a free spirit however I would need some more BP to have more than 35bp for all my skills. I'm wanting to play for the RP so I'll see what I can make with 35BP to spend but some more would be nice.

We'll see what you come up with, and if it looks like it could survive, then you'll be in.

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Apr 12 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #14

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

Here is my first build. Spells can be changed a bit.
Free spirit PC
250BP for race
Manifestation. Norse
Body: 2
Agility: 2
Reaction: 2
Strength: 2
Charisma: 2
Intuition: 2
Logic: 2
Willpower: 2
Force: 2
Edge: 2

Spirit powers 2sp
Guard 0.5
Arccident 0.5
Friendship pact 1 (as long as it can be broken at a later date makes no RP sense otherwise)
Life pact free

Qualities
Uneducated -20
Oblivious -5
Evil Twin -10

Skills
Spellcasting 2
Influence (Group) 1
Assensing 1
Perception 1

Spells
Stunbolt (Direct) (F÷2)-1
Lightning Bolt (Indirect, Elem.) (F÷2)+3
Influence (Mental) (F÷2)+1

Still working on a background but I have some ideas withc migh change a few of my qualities.

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 12 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (Dumori @ Apr 12 2009, 03:35 PM) *
Here is my first build. Spells can be changed a bit.

Still working on a background but I have some ideas withc migh change a few of my qualities.

Looks good, but are you sure you could survive? That's the million nuyen question.

Edit: Nevermind, you're in. Although this is gonna give me one more person then I expected, I should be able to deal with it. Also, crazyconscript was communicating with me through PM about his character, and submitted it a few minutes ago: He's in too.

+Quote Post
Deze
post Apr 13 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 17,068

One of the IRL life guys here. I'm thinking a doctor and he did a good job and helped people, till crash 2.0 happened, he lost everything his job, his family left him and his SIN is gone.

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 13 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

QUOTE (Deze @ Apr 12 2009, 04:13 PM) *
One of the IRL life guys here. I'm thinking a doctor and he did a good job and helped people, till crash 2.0 happened, he lost everything his job, his family left him and his SIN is gone.

Hey Deze. Good to know ya finally decided to show up.

We'll get everyone's builds posted, finalize anything else, and then I'll post the IC and OOC threads. That sound good to all of you?

+Quote Post
Zaranthan
post Apr 13 2009, 03:34 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,949

I'll take another reserve slot, if you've got one.

+Quote Post
crazyconscript
post Apr 13 2009, 06:43 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,906

Time to have some fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 13 2009, 08:28 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (Zaranthan @ Apr 12 2009, 07:34 PM) *
I'll take another reserve slot, if you've got one.

Ok, not a problem.

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 14 2009, 03:21 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Sorry for the double post, but I'd like to ask how everyone's characters are coming, and whether or not the have a rough sheet to post.

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Apr 14 2009, 04:57 AM
Post #22

Neophyte Runner

I'll have a sheet done up today, and hopefully the background to go with it. This guy's shaping up to be a well known (locally) activist who's taking a more radical turn upon his very recent release from prison. Hacker, with a bit of violent protester, and a bit of Face thrown in.

+Quote Post
crizh
post Apr 14 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #23

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

I've just this minute got back online after a 30 hour drive home from Paris. Give me until tomorrow and I'll have some bare bones pieced together.

I just had a genius idea about a chemical gland but it might be the sleep dep' talking....

+Quote Post
Kurt Travis
post Apr 14 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #24

Target

Member No.: 17,071

I'm mostly done with my sheet, just putting some finishing touches on it and double checking my crappy math skills. I should have something up later tonight.

+Quote Post
Zombayz
post Apr 14 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Sounds good guys. I hope you're looking forward to this as much as me.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:20 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.